5 Tips on What To Look For When Buying Diamonds For Wedding Rings
A wedding, or an engagement in Bowling Green, is one of the most important events in every couple’s life. One of the best ways of making the experience memorable is by choosing the right ring to symbolize the love you have for one another. While most couples would like to get the most beautiful ring they can lay their hands on, budgetary restrictions can be a challenge. However, it is possible to find an ideal ring based on your budget.
For anyone looking for precious diamonds for engagement rings and wedding rings in Bowling Green, they should consider going about the process carefully. There are various dealers in the market, some of who may sell you fake diamonds. Here are a few useful tips on what to look for when looking for precious diamonds for engagement or wedding rings.
Consider the Diamond Cut
1. Any expert will tell you that the cut is the most important thing to consider when buying diamonds in Bowling Green. The main reason behind this is that the cut usually influences the sparkle. A diamond may be clear and feature a high quality color grade, but if the cut is poor, it may still appear dull. The dealer you buy from should be able to cut your diamond in the proper proportions. If your budget can allow it, choose a diamond with the highest cut grade.
2. Contrary to common belief, lack of color in your diamonds denotes a higher color grade. Some people go for pale yellow diamond, without knowing that it is low quality. To avoid such an experience, ask the diamond dealer to give you grade H or higher. Near colorless diamond ranges from grade G to J, but it may be quite expensive.
Clarity Diamonds can also be chosen based on their clarity levels.
3. This is usually not a very important factor to consider, considering that the precious stones usually come with imperfections, known as inclusions. These tiny imperfections may not be easy to detect, and they may only be seen through a microscope. However, the fewer there are, the higher the clarity grade of your diamonds. If your budget can be stretched further, consider buying grade VS1 grade or higher.
Consider the Diamond’s Carat Weight
4. Unlike common belief, carat does not mean the size of the diamond, but its actual weight. Carat and cut must be considered side by side, because no matter the size of the diamond, a poor cut grade can make your precious stones look smaller. Another important fact to keep in mind is that the more the weight of the diamond, the more you will pay for it. Therefore, you should consider going for a less heavy stone with a high grade cut.
Ask for Proof of Certification
5. There is nothing as unfortunate as buying diamonds for your special event only to realize that they are of poor quality, or that they were stolen. To avoid such an eventuality, always ask the dealer in Bowling Green to show you the copy of diamond certification.
With these tips, you should be able to make the right choice when buying precious diamonds in Bowling Green for you engagement or wedding.
Bowling Green How to Buy a Diamond And The 4 Biggest Mistakes When Buying a Diamond
Not all sellers offer ruby grading lab reports (aka ruby top quality reports) to their customers. So my basic advice to you is to keep your money in your pocket when managing such jewelers.
Only acquire a diamond involvement ring if it comes with the initial ruby high quality report.
A laboratory record is an independent analysis of the 4Cs of a loosened diamond and includes a plotted diagram of the stone's quality characteristics and also a visuals depiction of the stone's proportions. Having such a record allows you to contrast diamonds of different top qualities and eventually aids you make an even more informed getting choice.
A retailer could reduce corners and not supply a lab record or a dishonest seller might give a phony one as a result of the moment, trouble and also expense he'll bear to obtaining a stone graded.
Yeah - there is a cost for rating a ruby (though that cost is eventually paid by the consumer), plus the shipping as well as insurance charges for sending the ruby to the laboratory. And also allow us not neglect the chance price of a jeweler not having the ruby in his shop available for a few weeks while the grading takes place.
Nonetheless, a diamond grading record may additionally not be readily available since the prices to obtaining one could affect as well greatly on the last rate of the ring. For instance, a 0.3 ct ruby ring setting you back $250 claim, may cost around $75 to be rated and also have the report number inscribed on the band on the ruby. As you look for that ideal diamond interaction ring for your sweetie, you'll discover that there is an alphabet soup of laboratories declaring to give reputable ruby rating records. Yet I would just put my loan on ...
The Premier Ruby Grading Laboratory Reports
Yes, all ruby high quality records are not created equivalent. Within the sector, it is a consensus that the 2 leading laboratories are GIA-GTL (Gemological Institute of America's Gem Trade Laboratory) as well as the AGS (American Gem Society Laboratories).
The GCAL (Treasure Certification as well as Assurance Lab) likewise offers very regarded records or "ruby certifications" as they are described by GCAL. The GIA has the greatest worldwide online reputation for freedom and uniformity. As a result of their consistent shade and also clarity strictness standards, the globe's biggest as well as most costly rubies have been sent there for grading decades. In 2006, GIA-GTL included a two-dimensional cut grading system for rounded dazzling rubies.
AGS uses the strictest cut criteria in the market. It utilizes a three-dimensional light performance metric that can grade several ruby shapes. Actually, it is the only cut grading system that is identified by the scientific neighborhood.
Exactly what is even more, its Ruby High quality File makes use of a special and exclusive 0 to 10 grading system to review the 4 Cs - a system which is easier to comprehend than GIA's grading system. Actually, AGS also goes the additional action by relating their 0-10 rating scale to other kinds of score. As an example, the standard VS1 diamond clarity rating is a 3 on the AGS Diamond Top Quality Document.
Ruby Coverage - The Drawbacks
1. Diamond grading is not standardized or regulated as well as thus you may find tier 2 laboratories that employ looser guidelines to the tier 1 grading labs stated above. If you acquire a diamond that has actually been rated by a rate 2 laboratory, you might wind up paying much more for a lesser high quality diamond. So for example, a ruby ranked a "F" in shade at a tier 2 lab may obtain a G, H, or reduced shade ranking at an extra reliable lab. The market also marks down diamonds rated by minimal recognized labs by regarding 15-30% or even more. So either you just acquire a ruby graded by a tier 1 lab or you accept that you may be buying a lower quality ruby compared to just what is stated on the record if that ruby is graded by a lower well-known laboratory.
2. Numerous large store have big contracts with lower well-known labs with "softer" diamond grading standards. A few of these softer laboratories put "recommended replacement worths" on the lab reports - values which are above exactly what shops intends market the rubies for. So a sales representative in a chain store might say to you, "Consider the lot you are obtaining below. We are marketing you this ruby interaction ring for $2500 but the record claims that the suggested substitute worth is $4000." Wow - what a bargain - NOT! This is why it is better that you trust only independent rate 1 laboratories.
Also keep in mind that reputable ruby grading records are not evaluations as well as do not supply assessment numbers. Ruby assessments are often grossly inflated and are not something you'll intend to rely upon.
3. Ruby records are riddled with please notes that specify that nothing is "accredited" or guaranteed which the laboratories are not accountable for mistakes. As a matter of fact, the GIA uses a disclaimer of sorts on their website regarding using the word "license." The site states:
"It is inaccurate to state that trainees, grads, their businesses, or specific gems are "certified" by GIA. The Gemological Institute of The U.S.A. does not license anybody or anything. Neither a student nor a grad who has been awarded a certificate or diploma, neither a treasure which has been rated or identified by GIA has actually been licensed by GIA".
So it is feasible that you the consumer is left holding the bag ought to an error in a report is later on uncovered. Courts have actually often ruled that vendors, not laboratories, are accountable for such errors. Why? Since the laboratories indicated in advance that their reports could not be held responsible.
Luckily, there are a pair methods to offer on your own a lot more buyer security:
A. You can fly to India where jewelers use a life time buyback plan to their consumers. As well pricey to fly?
B. You can locate one of the 20% of US jewelers that offer completely bonded diamonds. These are diamonds that are marketed with life time breakage, life time trade-in and lifetime buyback policies.
C. Not as great a remedy as buying a totally bonded ruby yet you can purchase a ruby that has a real "certificate" and also not a record. "Licensed diamonds do have warranties" albeit for much shorter durations.
Certification Some sellers describe a "diamond report" as a "licensed ruby" yet practically this is not remedy. From a lawful perspective, a diamond report is a just a professional viewpoint though in truth, aspects of a ruby rating report are not simply opinions.
For instance, a diamond's carat (weight) could be precisely determined in addition to its cut quality by measuring its optical efficiency or by describing a computer version. A certification on the other hand is a declaration of truth - a document for which the provider accepts lawful duty and will certainly make restitution to the consumer for blunders.
Some leading ruby grading labs use both reports and also certificates. AGS uses Ruby Quality Files (non-certified reports) as well as Ruby High quality Certificates. Diamond High quality Certifications are ready specifically for AGS retail jewelers and also offers warranties from participating American Treasure Society participant shops.
GCAL certifies it's diamond grading additionally. Its 100% money-back assurance policy stands for a duration of two years from the day on the appropriate certification. This policy guarantees the precision of the cut, color and clarity qualities and the carat weight.
A record or certificate ought to will have a number on it that could or might not be inscribed on a diamond. You will certainly have the ability to enter that number on the site of the accrediting lab to inspect a record's validity.
Aspects Of A Ruby Grading Record Diamond rating reports are constantly advancing yet particular component should continue to be the same. As an example, the:
The Report #. This number is given and tape-recorded in a lab's document and also could or might not be engraved on a diamond's girdle. You can enter the report number on a grading laboratory's site to check the credibility of the ruby quality report or to obtain more details concerning the diamond. Shape & Aspect Style: This is the overview as well as the cutting design utilized for the element setup. There are 3 fundamental aspect designs - "brilliant cut, action cut and also mixed reducing design" as well as 12 fundamental forms which include notables such as rounded fantastic as well as princess cut" rubies.
Measurements: This refers to size (not weight) of a ruby. Size includes dimensions such as size, width, weight as well as size. A measurement is commonly provided to the hundredth of a millimeter. Dimensions play a significant function in how a ruby glows.
Carat weight Weight: The weight of a diamond is determined to the hundredth of a carat weight and some even offer such action to the thousandth of a carat (1.123 ct.). Carat weight is one of the most objective and also the easiest to comprehend of the 4Cs because all one has to do is weight the stone. Shade Quality: This informs you the level of shade absence in the ruby. The much less color the higher the quality.
Rubies are generally rated from D-Z; the closer to "D" the whiter the ruby. You ought to never see ruby shade range such as (G-H, I-J-K, and so forth) on a diamond report. You should just see shade arrays on evaluations for rocks that are mounted.
Clarity Grade: Virtually every ruby has interior flaws called inclusions and also external imperfections called blemishes. A ruby is rated according to the dimension, kind, place as well as quantity of these imperfections.
Clearness grades vary from Remarkable (FL) - Included. Labs use a pair professionals to grade the clarity of a ruby in order to come up with a much more exact analysis.
Cut Grade: More current diamond records consist of a cut quality for standard round dazzling diamonds. Cut considers the brilliance, fire as well as scintillation of the ruby. Cut quality varies from Superb - Poor.
Various other components you could discover on a ruby report include the gloss, proportion, fluorescence as well as proportion. Equipped with this info, you are much better able to earn an analysis of the high quality of diamond that is mounted in an involvement ring.
Grading Rubies in the Harsh!
For centuries, diamond has been used as an epitome of true love. It reflects love, affection, security, trust and a life long commitment. When you gift a diamond to a woman, let it be in the form of diamond engagement ring, you need not say the rest. It will make others understand that how much serious you are for her. It will portray your love in the best possible manner.
You can find a variety of diamond engagement rings at online jewelry stores. These diamond engagement rings come in many shapes and styles. It is apt to choose diamond as the stone for these engagement rings because diamond is considered beautiful and it is also the hardest of all substances present on the earth. This is primarily the reason why people consider it ominous and feel that wearing diamond can bring same kind of good luck in their lives. This has made diamond engagement ring, diamond solitaire ring, designer engagement ring, diamond engagement ring platinum, discount diamond engagement ring a pre determined gift for those involved in love.
Out of all rings, a ring with solitaire is considered the most appropriate symbol which can depict your love. The attraction with the solitaire is incomparable. Diamond solitaire rings are set in a prong setting with 4 to 8 claws. Prongs can mostly be seen in platinum, yet another very beautiful and attractive metal. In most of the cases platinum is considered, as it is generally thin, and makes the diamond more visible.
Then there is yet another form of diamond engagement rings, which is attractive as well as romantic. It is known as past, present future ring. These rings define love as eternal and something which was in the past will be in the present and will be there in the future. The ring actually consists of three stones of diamond. The design of the ring can be like a center piece of diamond with two pieces around, or the three pieces of diamond clustered together. Side stone diamond engagement rings are also one style of engagement rings, which is elegant. This type of engagement ring is basically attractive as well as elegant.
They go well for working women.
Then there are antique diamond rings. These are also called Victorian rings. The designs of these rings are just like what was prevalent in the past. These diamond rings also look well if they go with some other stones. And if you want to give something priceless and sentimental to your lover, then you can gift her ancestral ring. Ancestral ring is the ring of your family, coming down since past. This ring must have been worn by your mother and grandmother. These rings are high in sentimental value and thus are considered priceless. Bit if you do not have such a family ring, then there is nothing to be upset over. You can buy for your fiancé or your wife unique engagement rings; who knows, one day; this ring can becomes an ancestral ring for your family.
So, what are you waiting for? If you are planning to walk the aisle with hand in hand with your lover, then begin the process by gifting her a diamond engagement ring. After all, diamonds are a woman's best friend.