5 Tips on What To Look For When Buying Diamonds For Wedding Rings
A wedding, or an engagement in Homewood, is one of the most important events in every couple’s life. One of the best ways of making the experience memorable is by choosing the right ring to symbolize the love you have for one another. While most couples would like to get the most beautiful ring they can lay their hands on, budgetary restrictions can be a challenge. However, it is possible to find an ideal ring based on your budget.
For anyone looking for precious diamonds for engagement rings and wedding rings in Homewood, they should consider going about the process carefully. There are various dealers in the market, some of who may sell you fake diamonds. Here are a few useful tips on what to look for when looking for precious diamonds for engagement or wedding rings.
Consider the Diamond Cut
1. Any expert will tell you that the cut is the most important thing to consider when buying diamonds in Homewood. The main reason behind this is that the cut usually influences the sparkle. A diamond may be clear and feature a high quality color grade, but if the cut is poor, it may still appear dull. The dealer you buy from should be able to cut your diamond in the proper proportions. If your budget can allow it, choose a diamond with the highest cut grade.
2. Contrary to common belief, lack of color in your diamonds denotes a higher color grade. Some people go for pale yellow diamond, without knowing that it is low quality. To avoid such an experience, ask the diamond dealer to give you grade H or higher. Near colorless diamond ranges from grade G to J, but it may be quite expensive.
Clarity Diamonds can also be chosen based on their clarity levels.
3. This is usually not a very important factor to consider, considering that the precious stones usually come with imperfections, known as inclusions. These tiny imperfections may not be easy to detect, and they may only be seen through a microscope. However, the fewer there are, the higher the clarity grade of your diamonds. If your budget can be stretched further, consider buying grade VS1 grade or higher.
Consider the Diamond’s Carat Weight
4. Unlike common belief, carat does not mean the size of the diamond, but its actual weight. Carat and cut must be considered side by side, because no matter the size of the diamond, a poor cut grade can make your precious stones look smaller. Another important fact to keep in mind is that the more the weight of the diamond, the more you will pay for it. Therefore, you should consider going for a less heavy stone with a high grade cut.
Ask for Proof of Certification
5. There is nothing as unfortunate as buying diamonds for your special event only to realize that they are of poor quality, or that they were stolen. To avoid such an eventuality, always ask the dealer in Homewood to show you the copy of diamond certification.
With these tips, you should be able to make the right choice when buying precious diamonds in Homewood for you engagement or wedding.
Homewood How to Buy a Diamond And The 4 Biggest Mistakes When Buying a Diamond
For centuries, diamond has been used as an epitome of true love. It reflects love, affection, security, trust and a life long commitment. When you gift a diamond to a woman, let it be in the form of diamond engagement ring, you need not say the rest. It will make others understand that how much serious you are for her. It will portray your love in the best possible manner.
You can find a variety of diamond engagement rings at online jewelry stores. These diamond engagement rings come in many shapes and styles. It is apt to choose diamond as the stone for these engagement rings because diamond is considered beautiful and it is also the hardest of all substances present on the earth. This is primarily the reason why people consider it ominous and feel that wearing diamond can bring same kind of good luck in their lives. This has made diamond engagement ring, diamond solitaire ring, designer engagement ring, diamond engagement ring platinum, discount diamond engagement ring a pre determined gift for those involved in love.
Out of all rings, a ring with solitaire is considered the most appropriate symbol which can depict your love. The attraction with the solitaire is incomparable. Diamond solitaire rings are set in a prong setting with 4 to 8 claws. Prongs can mostly be seen in platinum, yet another very beautiful and attractive metal. In most of the cases platinum is considered, as it is generally thin, and makes the diamond more visible.
Then there is yet another form of diamond engagement rings, which is attractive as well as romantic. It is known as past, present future ring. These rings define love as eternal and something which was in the past will be in the present and will be there in the future. The ring actually consists of three stones of diamond. The design of the ring can be like a center piece of diamond with two pieces around, or the three pieces of diamond clustered together. Side stone diamond engagement rings are also one style of engagement rings, which is elegant. This type of engagement ring is basically attractive as well as elegant.
They go well for working women.
Then there are antique diamond rings. These are also called Victorian rings. The designs of these rings are just like what was prevalent in the past. These diamond rings also look well if they go with some other stones. And if you want to give something priceless and sentimental to your lover, then you can gift her ancestral ring. Ancestral ring is the ring of your family, coming down since past. This ring must have been worn by your mother and grandmother. These rings are high in sentimental value and thus are considered priceless. Bit if you do not have such a family ring, then there is nothing to be upset over. You can buy for your fiancé or your wife unique engagement rings; who knows, one day; this ring can becomes an ancestral ring for your family.
So, what are you waiting for? If you are planning to walk the aisle with hand in hand with your lover, then begin the process by gifting her a diamond engagement ring. After all, diamonds are a woman's best friend.
Quality Improved Diamonds - Some Points You Need to Know!
Not all sellers supply ruby grading laboratory reports (aka ruby top quality reports) to their consumers. So my basic suggestions to you is to maintain your money in your pocket when taking care of such jewelry experts.
Just buy a diamond engagement ring if it includes the original ruby top quality report.
A laboratory report is an independent assessment of the 4Cs of a loosened ruby and consists of a plotted representation of the stone's quality features as well as a graphic depiction of the rock's percentages. Having such a report allows you to compare diamonds of various high qualities and also ultimately aids you make a more educated acquiring decision.
A retailer could reduce edges and not supply a lab record or an unscrupulous seller may provide a phony one since of the time, trouble and expenditure he'll bear to obtaining a rock graded.
Yeah - there is a cost for grading a diamond (though that cost is eventually paid by the customer), plus the delivery as well as insurance charges for sending out the diamond to the lab. And let us not fail to remember the opportunity expense of a jeweler not having the ruby in his store offer for sale for a few weeks while the grading occurs.
Nonetheless, a ruby rating record may additionally not be readily available because the costs to obtaining one might affect too greatly on the final rate of the ring. For instance, a 0.3 ct diamond ring setting you back $250 say, may cost around $75 to be rated and also have the report number etched on the girdle on the ruby. As you look for that ideal ruby interaction ring for your sweetie, you'll find that there is an alphabet soup of laboratories asserting to supply reputable ruby rating reports. But I would only place my cash on ...
The Premier Ruby Grading Lab News
Yes, all ruby high quality reports are not produced equivalent. Within the industry, it is a consensus that the two premier laboratories are GIA-GTL (Gemological Institute of The U.S.A.'s Treasure Profession Lab) and also the AGS (American Gem Society Laboratories).
The GCAL (Gem Accreditation and also Assurance Laboratory) also uses extremely related to reports or "diamond certifications" as they are described by GCAL. The GIA has the strongest worldwide credibility for freedom as well as consistency. Due to their constant color and also clearness strictness guidelines, the world's biggest and most expensive rubies have actually been sent out there for grading years. In 2006, GIA-GTL added a two-dimensional cut grading system for round great rubies.
AGS uses the most strict cut standards in the sector. It uses a three-dimensional light efficiency metric that can grade a number of diamond shapes. As a matter of fact, it is the only cut grading system that is identified by the scientific neighborhood.
Exactly what is even more, its Ruby High quality Paper utilizes a distinct and exclusive 0 to 10 grading system to review the 4 Cs - a system which is easier to comprehend than GIA's grading system. In truth, AGS also goes the additional action by corresponding their 0-10 rating scale to various other kinds of score. For example, the standard VS1 ruby clarity score is a 3 on the AGS Diamond Quality Paper.
Diamond Reporting - The Drawbacks
1. Diamond grading is not standard or regulated and also for this reason you may come across tier 2 labs that utilize looser standards to the rate 1 grading labs mentioned above. If you purchase a ruby that has been rated by a rate 2 lab, you might end up paying a lot more for a lesser top quality ruby. So for instance, a diamond rated a "F" in shade at a tier 2 laboratory may get a G, H, or reduced shade score at an extra trustworthy laboratory. The industry additionally marks down rubies rated by lower well-known laboratories by regarding 15-30% or more. So either you only acquire a ruby graded by a rate 1 lab or you accept that you could be purchasing a lower top quality ruby than just what is mentioned on the record if that ruby is graded by a minimal recognized laboratory.
2. Many large store have substantial contracts with lesser recognized laboratories with "softer" ruby grading standards. Several of these softer laboratories placed "suggested substitute worths" on the laboratory reports - values which are greater than just what shops intends sell the rubies for. So a salesman in a chain shop might say to you, "Look at the good deal you are obtaining here. We are offering you this diamond involvement ring for $2500 yet the report claims that the recommended substitute value is $4000." Wow - exactly what a bargain - NOT! This is why it is better that you rely on only independent rate 1 labs.
Also bear in mind that trusted ruby grading records are not assessments and also don't provide appraisal figures. Ruby assessments are usually blatantly filled with air and are not something you'll desire to depend on.
3. Ruby records are riddled with disclaimers that specify that nothing is "accredited" or guaranteed which the laboratories are not responsible for errors. Actually, the GIA provides a disclaimer of types on their web site concerning making use of the word "license." The site states:
"It is inaccurate to state that trainees, grads, their services, or particular gems are "certified" by GIA. The Gemological Institute of The U.S.A. does not accredit anyone or anything. Neither a student neither a graduate that has actually been awarded a certificate or diploma, nor a treasure which has actually been graded or determined by GIA has been licensed by GIA".
So it is feasible that you the consumer is left holding the bag must an inaccuracy in a record is later found. Courts have frequently ruled that vendors, not labs, are liable for such errors. Why? Because the labs indicated in advance that their reports couldn't be held accountable.
Thankfully, there are a pair methods to offer on your own extra buyer protection:
A. You can fly to India where jewelry experts provide a life time buyback plan to their consumers. Too costly to fly?
B. You might find one of the 20% people jewelry experts that offer completely adhered diamonds. These are rubies that are marketed with lifetime breakage, life time trade-in and also life time buyback plans.
C. Not as excellent a remedy as acquiring a totally bonded diamond however you can purchase a diamond that includes a real "certification" and not a record. "Licensed diamonds do have warranties" albeit for much shorter periods.
Certification Some vendors refer to a "diamond record" as a "licensed ruby" however technically this is not correct. From a legal viewpoint, a ruby record is a simply an experienced opinion though in reality, aspects of a diamond grading report are not just viewpoints.
As an example, a ruby's carat weight (weight) could be precisely established along with its cut quality by measuring its optical efficiency or by describing a computer system version. A certification on the other hand is a declaration of fact - a file for which the company approves lawful obligation and also will make restitution to the customer for mistakes.
Some top diamond grading labs provide both reports as well as certificates. AGS supplies Ruby Quality Files (non-certified records) as well as Ruby Quality Certificates. Diamond High quality Certifications are ready specifically for AGS retail jewelers and also provides warranties from getting involved American Treasure Society member shops.
GCAL licenses it's ruby grading also. Its 100% money-back guarantee plan stands for a duration of 2 years from the date on the suitable certificate. This policy guarantees the accuracy of the cut, shade as well as quality qualities and also the carat weight.
A record or certificate should will have a number on it that may or might not be etched on a diamond. You will have the ability to enter that number on the internet site of the accrediting lab to inspect a report's validity.
Elements Of A Diamond Grading Report Ruby rating reports are constantly progressing however particular element ought to remain the very same. For instance, the:
The Record #. This number is offered and also taped in a laboratory's record as well as may or could not be engraved on a ruby's girdle. You could get in the record number on a rating lab's website to inspect the authenticity of the diamond top quality record or to get even more info concerning the ruby. Forming & Facet Style: This is the overview as well as the cutting design used for the element plan. There are 3 fundamental element designs - "dazzling cut, action cut as well as blended cutting style" as well as 12 basic forms which consist of notables such as rounded fantastic and princess cut" diamonds.
Measurements: This describes size (not weight) of a diamond. Size includes dimensions such as length, width, weight as well as size. A measurement is normally provided to the hundredth of a millimeter. Dimensions play a significant duty in just how a diamond sparkles.
Carat Weight: The weight of a ruby is determined to the hundredth of a carat weight as well as some even offer such action to the thousandth of a carat (1.123 ct.). Carat weight is one of the most objective and also the most convenient to understand of the 4Cs because all one needs to do is weight the stone. Color Grade: This tells you the level of shade lack in the ruby. The much less color the higher the quality.
Diamonds are typically graded from D-Z; the closer to "D" the whiter the ruby. You should never ever see diamond color variety such as (G-H, I-J-K, and so on) on a ruby report. You must just see color ranges on evaluations for rocks that are mounted.
Clarity Grade: Practically every diamond has internal blemishes called additions as well as external blemishes called blemishes. A diamond is graded according to the size, type, place and quantity of these problems.
Quality grades vary from Remarkable (FL) - Included. Labs utilize a couple professionals to grade the quality of a ruby in order to generate a more accurate reading.
Cut Grade: A lot more recent diamond reports include a cut grade for basic round brilliant diamonds. Cut considers the radiance, fire as well as scintillation of the ruby. Cut quality varies from Excellent - Poor.
Other components you may find on a ruby report consist of the polish, balance, fluorescence and also percentage. Equipped with this information, you are much better able making an evaluation of the quality of diamond that is placed in an engagement ring.