5 Tips on What To Look For When Buying Diamonds For Wedding Rings
A wedding, or an engagement in Hunters, is one of the most important events in every couple’s life. One of the best ways of making the experience memorable is by choosing the right ring to symbolize the love you have for one another. While most couples would like to get the most beautiful ring they can lay their hands on, budgetary restrictions can be a challenge. However, it is possible to find an ideal ring based on your budget.
For anyone looking for precious diamonds for engagement rings and wedding rings in Hunters, they should consider going about the process carefully. There are various dealers in the market, some of who may sell you fake diamonds. Here are a few useful tips on what to look for when looking for precious diamonds for engagement or wedding rings.
Consider the Diamond Cut
1. Any expert will tell you that the cut is the most important thing to consider when buying diamonds in Hunters. The main reason behind this is that the cut usually influences the sparkle. A diamond may be clear and feature a high quality color grade, but if the cut is poor, it may still appear dull. The dealer you buy from should be able to cut your diamond in the proper proportions. If your budget can allow it, choose a diamond with the highest cut grade.
2. Contrary to common belief, lack of color in your diamonds denotes a higher color grade. Some people go for pale yellow diamond, without knowing that it is low quality. To avoid such an experience, ask the diamond dealer to give you grade H or higher. Near colorless diamond ranges from grade G to J, but it may be quite expensive.
Clarity Diamonds can also be chosen based on their clarity levels.
3. This is usually not a very important factor to consider, considering that the precious stones usually come with imperfections, known as inclusions. These tiny imperfections may not be easy to detect, and they may only be seen through a microscope. However, the fewer there are, the higher the clarity grade of your diamonds. If your budget can be stretched further, consider buying grade VS1 grade or higher.
Consider the Diamond’s Carat Weight
4. Unlike common belief, carat does not mean the size of the diamond, but its actual weight. Carat and cut must be considered side by side, because no matter the size of the diamond, a poor cut grade can make your precious stones look smaller. Another important fact to keep in mind is that the more the weight of the diamond, the more you will pay for it. Therefore, you should consider going for a less heavy stone with a high grade cut.
Ask for Proof of Certification
5. There is nothing as unfortunate as buying diamonds for your special event only to realize that they are of poor quality, or that they were stolen. To avoid such an eventuality, always ask the dealer in Hunters to show you the copy of diamond certification.
With these tips, you should be able to make the right choice when buying precious diamonds in Hunters for you engagement or wedding.
Hunters How to Buy a Diamond And The 4 Biggest Mistakes When Buying a Diamond
For centuries, diamond has been used as an epitome of true love. It reflects love, affection, security, trust and a life long commitment. When you gift a diamond to a woman, let it be in the form of diamond engagement ring, you need not say the rest. It will make others understand that how much serious you are for her. It will portray your love in the best possible manner.
You can find a variety of diamond engagement rings at online jewelry stores. These diamond engagement rings come in many shapes and styles. It is apt to choose diamond as the stone for these engagement rings because diamond is considered beautiful and it is also the hardest of all substances present on the earth. This is primarily the reason why people consider it ominous and feel that wearing diamond can bring same kind of good luck in their lives. This has made diamond engagement ring, diamond solitaire ring, designer engagement ring, diamond engagement ring platinum, discount diamond engagement ring a pre determined gift for those involved in love.
Out of all rings, a ring with solitaire is considered the most appropriate symbol which can depict your love. The attraction with the solitaire is incomparable. Diamond solitaire rings are set in a prong setting with 4 to 8 claws. Prongs can mostly be seen in platinum, yet another very beautiful and attractive metal. In most of the cases platinum is considered, as it is generally thin, and makes the diamond more visible.
Then there is yet another form of diamond engagement rings, which is attractive as well as romantic. It is known as past, present future ring. These rings define love as eternal and something which was in the past will be in the present and will be there in the future. The ring actually consists of three stones of diamond. The design of the ring can be like a center piece of diamond with two pieces around, or the three pieces of diamond clustered together. Side stone diamond engagement rings are also one style of engagement rings, which is elegant. This type of engagement ring is basically attractive as well as elegant.
They go well for working women.
Then there are antique diamond rings. These are also called Victorian rings. The designs of these rings are just like what was prevalent in the past. These diamond rings also look well if they go with some other stones. And if you want to give something priceless and sentimental to your lover, then you can gift her ancestral ring. Ancestral ring is the ring of your family, coming down since past. This ring must have been worn by your mother and grandmother. These rings are high in sentimental value and thus are considered priceless. Bit if you do not have such a family ring, then there is nothing to be upset over. You can buy for your fiancé or your wife unique engagement rings; who knows, one day; this ring can becomes an ancestral ring for your family.
So, what are you waiting for? If you are planning to walk the aisle with hand in hand with your lover, then begin the process by gifting her a diamond engagement ring. After all, diamonds are a woman's best friend.
How to Buy a Diamond And The 4 Biggest Mistakes When Buying a Diamond
Not all vendors supply diamond grading lab reports (aka diamond quality reports) to their customers. So my basic recommendations to you is to keep your loan in your pocket when handling such jewelers.
Only acquire a ruby interaction ring if it includes the original diamond quality record.
A lab record is an independent examination of the 4Cs of a loosened diamond and also includes a plotted layout of the stone's clearness characteristics and also a graphic depiction of the stone's percentages. Having such a record allows you to compare diamonds of various high qualities and also eventually helps you make an even more notified purchasing decision.
A store might reduce edges as well as not offer a laboratory record or an unscrupulous vendor might provide a phony one due to the moment, difficulty and cost he'll birth to obtaining a stone rated.
Yeah - there is a price for rating a diamond (though that price is at some point paid by the consumer), plus the delivery as well as insurance charges for sending the diamond to the lab. As well as let us not fail to remember the opportunity cost of a jeweler not having the ruby in his store available for sale for a few weeks while the grading occurs.
Nonetheless, a diamond grading report may additionally not be readily available since the expenses to obtaining one might influence too heavily on the final cost of the ring. For instance, a 0.3 ct ruby ring costing $250 say, might set you back around $75 to be graded and also have the report number inscribed on the band on the diamond. As you search for that ideal ruby engagement ring for your sweetheart, you'll discover that there is an alphabet soup of laboratories claiming to supply reputable ruby grading records. Yet I would just place my loan on ...
The Premier Diamond Grading Lab News
Yes, all diamond high quality records are not created equivalent. Within the industry, it is a consensus that the two premier laboratories are GIA-GTL (Gemological Institute of The U.S.A.'s Treasure Trade Lab) and the AGS (American Gem Society Laboratories).
The GCAL (Gem Qualification and Assurance Laboratory) additionally offers highly related to records or "diamond certifications" as they are referred to by GCAL. The GIA has the toughest worldwide credibility for freedom and consistency. Due to their consistent color and also quality strictness standards, the world's largest as well as most expensive diamonds have actually been sent there for grading decades. In 2006, GIA-GTL added a two-dimensional cut grading system for rounded dazzling rubies.
AGS utilizes the most strict cut criteria in the sector. It makes use of a three-dimensional light performance metric that can quality numerous ruby forms. Actually, it is the only cut grading system that is recognized by the clinical community.
Just what is even more, its Ruby High quality File makes use of a special and also proprietary 0 to 10 grading system to assess the 4 Cs - a system which is simpler to comprehend compared to GIA's grading system. Actually, AGS also goes the additional step by relating their 0-10 score range to various other forms of rating. For instance, the conventional VS1 ruby quality ranking is a 3 on the AGS Ruby High Quality Document.
Ruby Reporting - The Drawbacks
1. Diamond grading is not standardized or regulated as well as hence you could come throughout tier 2 laboratories that employ looser standards to the rate 1 grading labs pointed out above. If you purchase a diamond that has actually been rated by a rate 2 laboratory, you may wind up paying more for a minimal top quality diamond. So as an example, a ruby ranked a "F" in shade at a rate 2 laboratory might obtain a G, H, or lower shade ranking at a more respectable laboratory. The market additionally marks down diamonds rated by lesser recognized laboratories by regarding 15-30% or more. So either you just buy a ruby rated by a tier 1 lab or you approve that you could be getting a minimal quality ruby compared to exactly what is mentioned on the report if that diamond is graded by a lesser known lab.
2. Many large chain shops have huge agreements with minimal known labs with "softer" diamond grading guidelines. A few of these softer laboratories put "recommended substitute worths" on the laboratory records - worths which are above exactly what stores plans market the rubies for. So a salesperson in a chain shop could claim to you, "Look at the large amount you are obtaining right here. We are selling you this ruby engagement ring for $2500 however the report claims that the recommended substitute value is $4000." Wow - exactly what a deal - NOT! This is why it is much better that you trust only independent rate 1 labs.
Likewise bear in mind that trusted diamond grading reports are not assessments as well as do not offer assessment figures. Diamond assessments are frequently grossly inflated and are not something you'll desire to rely on.
3. Ruby reports are riddled with please notes that define that nothing is "accredited" or assured as well as that the laboratories are not liable for errors. As a matter of fact, the GIA offers a please note of sorts on their web site relating to using the word "license." The site says:
"It is inaccurate to state that trainees, grads, their companies, or specific gemstones are "accredited" by GIA. The Gemological Institute of America does not license any person or anything. Neither a pupil neither a grad that has actually been awarded a certificate or diploma, neither a gem which has been graded or determined by GIA has actually been licensed by GIA".
So it is possible that you the customer is left holding the bag ought to an inaccuracy in a record is later discovered. Courts have frequently ruled that vendors, not labs, are liable for such errors. Why? Since the laboratories suggested ahead of time that their records couldn't be held liable.
Luckily, there are a couple means to offer on your own a lot more buyer defense:
A. You might fly to India where jewelers provide a life time buyback plan to their consumers. Also expensive to fly?
B. You can find one of the 20% of United States jewelers who offer completely adhered rubies. These are rubies that are sold with lifetime breakage, life time trade-in and life time buyback plans.
C. Not as great a remedy as acquiring a fully bonded ruby yet you might acquire a diamond that comes with a real "certificate" and not a record. "Qualified diamonds do feature warranties" albeit for much shorter durations.
Qualification Some sellers describe a "diamond record" as a "certified ruby" however practically this is not remedy. From a lawful standpoint, a ruby report is a merely an experienced opinion though in reality, aspects of a ruby rating report are not simply point of views.
For example, a diamond's carat weight (weight) can be precisely established in addition to its cut grade by measuring its optical effectiveness or by describing a computer design. A certificate on the other hand is a declaration of truth - a record for which the company accepts lawful obligation and will make restitution to the customer for errors.
Some top ruby grading laboratories provide both records as well as certifications. AGS supplies Ruby High quality Records (non-certified records) as well as Diamond Quality Certificates. Diamond Top quality Certificates are prepared exclusively for AGS retail jewelers and provides warranties from participating American Treasure Culture member stores.
GCAL certifies it's diamond grading also. Its 100% money-back assurance policy is valid for a period of two years from the date on the relevant certification. This policy ensures the accuracy of the cut, shade as well as clearness qualities and also the carat weight.
A report or certificate ought to will have a number on it that might or might not be etched on a diamond. You will have the ability to get in that number on the internet site of the certifying lab to inspect a record's credibility.
Aspects Of A Diamond Grading Report Ruby grading reports are constantly developing but certain element must stay the very same. For instance, the:
The Report #. This number is given as well as recorded in a lab's document as well as may or could not be inscribed on a ruby's band. You can go into the record number on a grading laboratory's internet site to examine the credibility of the ruby high quality record or to get more details about the diamond. Forming & Aspect Design: This is the overview and also the reducing design utilized for the element plan. There are 3 fundamental element styles - "fantastic cut, action cut and also combined reducing design" and also 12 basic forms which consist of notables such as round great and princess cut" diamonds.
Dimensions: This refers to dimension (not weight) of a diamond. Dimension consists of measurements such as length, width, weight and size. A measurement is typically listed to the hundredth of a millimeter. Dimensions play a massive duty in just how a diamond shines.
Carat weight Weight: The weight of a diamond is gauged to the hundredth of a carat as well as some even give such action to the thousandth of a carat (1.123 ct.). Carat is the most unbiased and the easiest to understand of the 4Cs because all one needs to do is weight the rock. Color Grade: This tells you the level of shade absence in the ruby. The much less shade the greater the grade.
Diamonds are commonly rated from D-Z; the closer to "D" the whiter the ruby. You ought to never see ruby color array such as (G-H, I-J-K, and also so on) on a ruby record. You ought to only see shade varieties on assessments for stones that are placed.
Quality Grade: Virtually every diamond has actually interior blemishes called incorporations as well as external flaws called acnes. A ruby is graded inning accordance with the dimension, type, place and also amount of these problems.
Clearness grades range from Remarkable (FL) - Consisted Of. Labs make use of a pair experts to grade the quality of a diamond in order to generate a much more exact reading.
Cut Quality: Extra current ruby records consist of a cut quality for conventional round fantastic diamonds. Cut considers the sparkle, fire as well as scintillation of the diamond. Cut quality ranges from Outstanding - Poor.
Other elements you could discover on a ruby record consist of the polish, symmetry, fluorescence and proportion. Armed with this info, you are much better able to make an evaluation of the high quality of diamond that is mounted in an interaction ring.