5 Tips on What To Look For When Buying Diamonds For Wedding Rings
A wedding, or an engagement in Homewood, is one of the most important events in every couple’s life. One of the best ways of making the experience memorable is by choosing the right ring to symbolize the love you have for one another. While most couples would like to get the most beautiful ring they can lay their hands on, budgetary restrictions can be a challenge. However, it is possible to find an ideal ring based on your budget.
For anyone looking for precious diamonds for engagement rings and wedding rings in Homewood, they should consider going about the process carefully. There are various dealers in the market, some of who may sell you fake diamonds. Here are a few useful tips on what to look for when looking for precious diamonds for engagement or wedding rings.
Consider the Diamond Cut
1. Any expert will tell you that the cut is the most important thing to consider when buying diamonds in Homewood. The main reason behind this is that the cut usually influences the sparkle. A diamond may be clear and feature a high quality color grade, but if the cut is poor, it may still appear dull. The dealer you buy from should be able to cut your diamond in the proper proportions. If your budget can allow it, choose a diamond with the highest cut grade.
2. Contrary to common belief, lack of color in your diamonds denotes a higher color grade. Some people go for pale yellow diamond, without knowing that it is low quality. To avoid such an experience, ask the diamond dealer to give you grade H or higher. Near colorless diamond ranges from grade G to J, but it may be quite expensive.
Clarity Diamonds can also be chosen based on their clarity levels.
3. This is usually not a very important factor to consider, considering that the precious stones usually come with imperfections, known as inclusions. These tiny imperfections may not be easy to detect, and they may only be seen through a microscope. However, the fewer there are, the higher the clarity grade of your diamonds. If your budget can be stretched further, consider buying grade VS1 grade or higher.
Consider the Diamond’s Carat Weight
4. Unlike common belief, carat does not mean the size of the diamond, but its actual weight. Carat and cut must be considered side by side, because no matter the size of the diamond, a poor cut grade can make your precious stones look smaller. Another important fact to keep in mind is that the more the weight of the diamond, the more you will pay for it. Therefore, you should consider going for a less heavy stone with a high grade cut.
Ask for Proof of Certification
5. There is nothing as unfortunate as buying diamonds for your special event only to realize that they are of poor quality, or that they were stolen. To avoid such an eventuality, always ask the dealer in Homewood to show you the copy of diamond certification.
With these tips, you should be able to make the right choice when buying precious diamonds in Homewood for you engagement or wedding.
Homewood How to Buy a Diamond And The 4 Biggest Mistakes When Buying a Diamond
For centuries, diamond has been used as an epitome of true love. It reflects love, affection, security, trust and a life long commitment. When you gift a diamond to a woman, let it be in the form of diamond engagement ring, you need not say the rest. It will make others understand that how much serious you are for her. It will portray your love in the best possible manner.
You can find a variety of diamond engagement rings at online jewelry stores. These diamond engagement rings come in many shapes and styles. It is apt to choose diamond as the stone for these engagement rings because diamond is considered beautiful and it is also the hardest of all substances present on the earth. This is primarily the reason why people consider it ominous and feel that wearing diamond can bring same kind of good luck in their lives. This has made diamond engagement ring, diamond solitaire ring, designer engagement ring, diamond engagement ring platinum, discount diamond engagement ring a pre determined gift for those involved in love.
Out of all rings, a ring with solitaire is considered the most appropriate symbol which can depict your love. The attraction with the solitaire is incomparable. Diamond solitaire rings are set in a prong setting with 4 to 8 claws. Prongs can mostly be seen in platinum, yet another very beautiful and attractive metal. In most of the cases platinum is considered, as it is generally thin, and makes the diamond more visible.
Then there is yet another form of diamond engagement rings, which is attractive as well as romantic. It is known as past, present future ring. These rings define love as eternal and something which was in the past will be in the present and will be there in the future. The ring actually consists of three stones of diamond. The design of the ring can be like a center piece of diamond with two pieces around, or the three pieces of diamond clustered together. Side stone diamond engagement rings are also one style of engagement rings, which is elegant. This type of engagement ring is basically attractive as well as elegant.
They go well for working women.
Then there are antique diamond rings. These are also called Victorian rings. The designs of these rings are just like what was prevalent in the past. These diamond rings also look well if they go with some other stones. And if you want to give something priceless and sentimental to your lover, then you can gift her ancestral ring. Ancestral ring is the ring of your family, coming down since past. This ring must have been worn by your mother and grandmother. These rings are high in sentimental value and thus are considered priceless. Bit if you do not have such a family ring, then there is nothing to be upset over. You can buy for your fiancé or your wife unique engagement rings; who knows, one day; this ring can becomes an ancestral ring for your family.
So, what are you waiting for? If you are planning to walk the aisle with hand in hand with your lover, then begin the process by gifting her a diamond engagement ring. After all, diamonds are a woman's best friend.
What Are Shade Improved Diamonds and Are They For You?
Not all sellers supply ruby grading laboratory records (also known as diamond high quality records) to their consumers. So my basic guidance to you is to keep your cash in your pocket when dealing with such jewelers.
Just acquire a diamond interaction ring if it features the initial diamond high quality record.
A lab report is an independent examination of the 4Cs of a loose diamond and includes an outlined representation of the stone's clearness attributes as well as a graphic representation of the stone's percentages. Having such a record permits you to contrast diamonds of various high qualities and also ultimately assists you make a more notified buying decision.
A store might reduce edges as well as not provide a lab report or an unethical vendor may supply a fake one due to the moment, difficulty as well as expense he'll bear to getting a stone graded.
Yeah - there is a rate for grading a ruby (though that expense is at some point paid by the consumer), plus the delivery and insurance coverage fees for sending the diamond to the laboratory. And also let us not neglect the possibility price of a jeweler not having the ruby in his store offer for sale for a couple of weeks while the grading occurs.
However, a ruby rating report might also not be offered due to the fact that the expenses to obtaining one may influence too heavily on the last price of the ring. For example, a 0.3 ct ruby ring setting you back $250 claim, might set you back around $75 to be graded as well as have the record number engraved on the girdle on the ruby. As you look for that perfect diamond involvement ring for your sweetheart, you'll find that there is an alphabet soup of laboratories claiming to supply reliable diamond grading records. But I would just put my money on ...
The Premier Diamond Grading Laboratory Reports
Yes, all diamond quality reports are not developed equivalent. Within the industry, it is a consensus that the 2 leading labs are GIA-GTL (Gemological Institute of America's Treasure Trade Lab) and also the AGS (American Treasure Society Laboratories).
The GCAL (Gem Certification as well as Guarantee Lab) also offers highly related to reports or "diamond certificates" as they are referred to by GCAL. The GIA has the toughest global track record for self-reliance and consistency. Because of their constant shade as well as clearness strictness standards, the globe's largest and also most expensive diamonds have actually been sent out there for grading years. In 2006, GIA-GTL included a two-dimensional cut grading system for rounded great diamonds.
AGS utilizes the most strict cut criteria in the sector. It uses a three-dimensional light efficiency metric that can quality a number of diamond forms. Actually, it is the only cut grading system that is identified by the clinical neighborhood.
What is even more, its Ruby Quality Record utilizes an one-of-a-kind and proprietary 0 to 10 grading system to examine the 4 Cs - a system which is less complicated to comprehend compared to GIA's grading system. Actually, AGS even goes the additional step by relating their 0-10 ranking scale to other types of score. For instance, the conventional VS1 diamond clearness score is a 3 on the AGS Diamond Quality File.
Diamond Reporting - The Drawbacks
1. Ruby grading is not standard or controlled and also for this reason you might find rate 2 laboratories that use looser guidelines to the rate 1 grading laboratories mentioned above. If you buy a ruby that has been graded by a rate 2 lab, you may wind up paying a lot more for a lower quality diamond. So as an example, a diamond ranked a "F" in shade at a tier 2 lab could get a G, H, or lower color score at a much more respectable lab. The industry also marks down diamonds rated by lesser known labs by concerning 15-30% or more. So either you only acquire a diamond graded by a rate 1 laboratory or you approve that you may be getting a lower high quality diamond compared to exactly what is specified on the report if that ruby is graded by a lesser recognized lab.
2. Many large chain stores have significant contracts with lower recognized labs with "softer" ruby grading standards. Some of these softer labs put "suggested replacement worths" on the lab records - worths which are greater than what stores intends sell the diamonds for. So a salesman in a store may state to you, "Check out the lot you are obtaining here. We are offering you this ruby involvement ring for $2500 however the record says that the recommended substitute value is $4000." Wow - what a deal - NOT! This is why it is much better that you trust just independent tier 1 labs.
Additionally remember that trustworthy ruby grading reports are not assessments and don't supply assessment numbers. Ruby assessments are usually grossly filled with air and are not something you'll intend to count on.
3. Ruby reports are filled with please notes that specify that absolutely nothing is "certified" or assured and that the laboratories are not answerable for mistakes. In reality, the GIA provides a disclaimer of types on their website concerning making use of words "certify." The site states:
"It is incorrect to state that pupils, grads, their businesses, or particular gemstones are "certified" by GIA. The Gemological Institute of America does not accredit anybody or anything. Neither a trainee nor a grad that has actually been granted a certification or diploma, nor a gem which has been graded or recognized by GIA has been accredited by GIA".
So it is feasible that you the consumer is left holding the bag should an inaccuracy in a report is later on discovered. Courts have actually often ruled that sellers, not laboratories, are in charge of such errors. Why? Due to the fact that the labs showed in advance that their records couldn't be held liable.
Thankfully, there are a pair ways to give yourself much more customer protection:
A. You can fly to India where jewelers use a life time buyback plan to their customers. Also costly to fly?
B. You could find among the 20% people jewelers who market totally adhered diamonds. These are diamonds that are sold with lifetime breakage, life time trade-in and also life time buyback policies.
C. Not as good a treatment as purchasing a fully bonded diamond but you can buy a diamond that features an actual "certification" and also not a report. "Certified diamonds do include warranties" albeit for much shorter durations.
Qualification Some vendors refer to a "ruby report" as a "licensed diamond" but practically this is not deal with. From a legal standpoint, a diamond record is a simply a professional viewpoint though in reality, facets of a diamond rating record are not just viewpoints.
For instance, a diamond's carat (weight) can be accurately identified in addition to its cut quality by measuring its optical effectiveness or by referring to a computer version. A certification on the various other hand is a declaration of truth - a document for which the issuer approves legal obligation as well as will certainly make restitution to the customer for errors.
Some top ruby grading laboratories supply both records and also certifications. AGS uses Ruby Quality Papers (non-certified records) and Diamond Top quality Certificates. Ruby Top quality Certificates are prepared specifically for AGS retail jewelry experts as well as supplies warranties from participating American Treasure Culture member stores.
GCAL licenses it's ruby grading likewise. Its 100% money-back warranty plan is valid for a duration of 2 years from the day on the applicable certificate. This plan guarantees the precision of the cut, shade as well as clearness grades and also the carat weight.
A report or certificate need to will have a number on it that could or could not be etched on a ruby. You will certainly be able to get in that number on the web site of the certifying lab to examine a report's credibility.
Components Of A Ruby Grading Record Diamond grading reports are always developing yet certain element needs to stay the same. For example, the:
The Report #. This number is given as well as taped in a lab's record and also could or might not be engraved on a diamond's band. You can go into the report number on a grading laboratory's internet site to examine the credibility of the diamond high quality record or to obtain even more info about the diamond. Shape & Facet Style: This is the summary as well as the cutting style used for the aspect setup. There are 3 fundamental element designs - "brilliant cut, step cut and blended cutting design" and also 12 basic shapes which include notables such as round great as well as princess cut" rubies.
Measurements: This refers to size (not weight) of a diamond. Size includes measurements such as length, size, weight and also diameter. A measurement is typically provided to the hundredth of a millimeter. Dimensions play a significant function in exactly how a ruby glows.
Carat weight Weight: The weight of a diamond is determined to the hundredth of a carat weight and also some even supply such measure to the thousandth of a carat (1.123 ct.). Carat is one of the most objective as well as the most convenient to understand of the 4Cs due to the fact that all one has to do is weight the stone. Shade Grade: This tells you the degree of shade lack in the diamond. The less color the higher the quality.
Diamonds are commonly rated from D-Z; the closer to "D" the whiter the diamond. You need to never ever see ruby color range such as (G-H, I-J-K, and so forth) on a ruby record. You ought to only see color arrays on appraisals for rocks that are placed.
Clearness Grade: Practically every diamond has actually internal blemishes called additions as well as exterior flaws called blemishes. A diamond is rated according to the dimension, type, location and also amount of these defects.
Clarity qualities range from Remarkable (FL) - Included. Labs utilize a couple professionals to grade the clearness of a diamond in order to develop a much more precise analysis.
Cut Quality: Extra recent ruby reports include a cut grade for standard round fantastic diamonds. Cut considers the brilliance, fire and scintillation of the ruby. Cut quality varies from Outstanding - Poor.
Other aspects you could encounter on a ruby report include the gloss, proportion, fluorescence as well as proportion. Equipped with this information, you are better able making an evaluation of the high quality of ruby that is mounted in an engagement ring.