5 Tips on What To Look For When Buying Diamonds For Wedding Rings
A wedding, or an engagement in Ringgold, is one of the most important events in every couple’s life. One of the best ways of making the experience memorable is by choosing the right ring to symbolize the love you have for one another. While most couples would like to get the most beautiful ring they can lay their hands on, budgetary restrictions can be a challenge. However, it is possible to find an ideal ring based on your budget.
For anyone looking for precious diamonds for engagement rings and wedding rings in Ringgold, they should consider going about the process carefully. There are various dealers in the market, some of who may sell you fake diamonds. Here are a few useful tips on what to look for when looking for precious diamonds for engagement or wedding rings.
Consider the Diamond Cut
1. Any expert will tell you that the cut is the most important thing to consider when buying diamonds in Ringgold. The main reason behind this is that the cut usually influences the sparkle. A diamond may be clear and feature a high quality color grade, but if the cut is poor, it may still appear dull. The dealer you buy from should be able to cut your diamond in the proper proportions. If your budget can allow it, choose a diamond with the highest cut grade.
2. Contrary to common belief, lack of color in your diamonds denotes a higher color grade. Some people go for pale yellow diamond, without knowing that it is low quality. To avoid such an experience, ask the diamond dealer to give you grade H or higher. Near colorless diamond ranges from grade G to J, but it may be quite expensive.
Clarity Diamonds can also be chosen based on their clarity levels.
3. This is usually not a very important factor to consider, considering that the precious stones usually come with imperfections, known as inclusions. These tiny imperfections may not be easy to detect, and they may only be seen through a microscope. However, the fewer there are, the higher the clarity grade of your diamonds. If your budget can be stretched further, consider buying grade VS1 grade or higher.
Consider the Diamond’s Carat Weight
4. Unlike common belief, carat does not mean the size of the diamond, but its actual weight. Carat and cut must be considered side by side, because no matter the size of the diamond, a poor cut grade can make your precious stones look smaller. Another important fact to keep in mind is that the more the weight of the diamond, the more you will pay for it. Therefore, you should consider going for a less heavy stone with a high grade cut.
Ask for Proof of Certification
5. There is nothing as unfortunate as buying diamonds for your special event only to realize that they are of poor quality, or that they were stolen. To avoid such an eventuality, always ask the dealer in Ringgold to show you the copy of diamond certification.
With these tips, you should be able to make the right choice when buying precious diamonds in Ringgold for you engagement or wedding.
Ringgold How to Buy a Diamond And The 4 Biggest Mistakes When Buying a Diamond
For centuries, diamond has been used as an epitome of true love. It reflects love, affection, security, trust and a life long commitment. When you gift a diamond to a woman, let it be in the form of diamond engagement ring, you need not say the rest. It will make others understand that how much serious you are for her. It will portray your love in the best possible manner.
You can find a variety of diamond engagement rings at online jewelry stores. These diamond engagement rings come in many shapes and styles. It is apt to choose diamond as the stone for these engagement rings because diamond is considered beautiful and it is also the hardest of all substances present on the earth. This is primarily the reason why people consider it ominous and feel that wearing diamond can bring same kind of good luck in their lives. This has made diamond engagement ring, diamond solitaire ring, designer engagement ring, diamond engagement ring platinum, discount diamond engagement ring a pre determined gift for those involved in love.
Out of all rings, a ring with solitaire is considered the most appropriate symbol which can depict your love. The attraction with the solitaire is incomparable. Diamond solitaire rings are set in a prong setting with 4 to 8 claws. Prongs can mostly be seen in platinum, yet another very beautiful and attractive metal. In most of the cases platinum is considered, as it is generally thin, and makes the diamond more visible.
Then there is yet another form of diamond engagement rings, which is attractive as well as romantic. It is known as past, present future ring. These rings define love as eternal and something which was in the past will be in the present and will be there in the future. The ring actually consists of three stones of diamond. The design of the ring can be like a center piece of diamond with two pieces around, or the three pieces of diamond clustered together. Side stone diamond engagement rings are also one style of engagement rings, which is elegant. This type of engagement ring is basically attractive as well as elegant.
They go well for working women.
Then there are antique diamond rings. These are also called Victorian rings. The designs of these rings are just like what was prevalent in the past. These diamond rings also look well if they go with some other stones. And if you want to give something priceless and sentimental to your lover, then you can gift her ancestral ring. Ancestral ring is the ring of your family, coming down since past. This ring must have been worn by your mother and grandmother. These rings are high in sentimental value and thus are considered priceless. Bit if you do not have such a family ring, then there is nothing to be upset over. You can buy for your fiancé or your wife unique engagement rings; who knows, one day; this ring can becomes an ancestral ring for your family.
So, what are you waiting for? If you are planning to walk the aisle with hand in hand with your lover, then begin the process by gifting her a diamond engagement ring. After all, diamonds are a woman's best friend.
Start With the Fundamentals When Intrigued in Purchasing Ruby Jewelry.
Not all vendors provide ruby grading laboratory reports (aka ruby top quality records) to their customers. So my basic recommendations to you is to maintain your cash in your pocket when dealing with such jewelry experts.
Just acquire a diamond involvement ring if it has the original ruby high quality report.
A lab report is an independent assessment of the 4Cs of a loosened diamond and includes a plotted layout of the rock's quality characteristics as well as a visuals representation of the rock's percentages. Having such a report allows you to compare diamonds of various high qualities and eventually helps you make a more informed buying decision.
A merchant may cut corners and also not give a lab report or a deceitful seller could provide a fake one due to the time, trouble and also expenditure he'll bear to getting a rock graded.
Yeah - there is a price for grading a diamond (though that expense is ultimately paid by the consumer), plus the delivery and also insurance policy fees for sending out the ruby to the laboratory. And let us not forget the possibility expense of a jewelry expert not having the diamond in his shop for sale for a few weeks while the grading happens.
Nonetheless, a ruby grading record may additionally not be readily available since the expenses to getting one may affect too heavily on the final price of the ring. As an example, a 0.3 ct ruby ring costing $250 say, may set you back around $75 to be rated as well as have the report number inscribed on the band on the diamond. As you search for that suitable ruby engagement ring for your sweetie, you'll find that there is an alphabet soup of laboratories asserting to provide credible diamond rating reports. Yet I would only place my cash on ...
The Premier Ruby Grading Laboratory Reports
Yes, all ruby top quality records are not developed equal. Within the industry, it is an agreement that both top laboratories are GIA-GTL (Gemological Institute of America's Gem Trade Laboratory) as well as the AGS (American Gem Culture Laboratories).
The GCAL (Treasure Qualification and also Assurance Lab) likewise provides extremely related to reports or "diamond certificates" as they are described by GCAL. The GIA has the strongest worldwide credibility for self-reliance as well as uniformity. As a result of their continuous color and clarity strictness standards, the globe's largest and also most pricey diamonds have been sent there for grading decades. In 2006, GIA-GTL added a two-dimensional cut grading system for round dazzling rubies.
AGS utilizes the most strict cut criteria in the market. It uses a three-dimensional light performance metric that can quality several diamond forms. In fact, it is the only cut grading system that is acknowledged by the scientific community.
Just what is more, its Ruby Quality File utilizes an one-of-a-kind and also proprietary 0 to 10 grading system to examine the 4 Cs - a system which is less complicated to comprehend than GIA's grading system. Actually, AGS also goes the added action by relating their 0-10 score range to other forms of rating. For instance, the conventional VS1 ruby clearness rating is a 3 on the AGS Ruby High Quality File.
Diamond Reporting - The Drawbacks
1. Diamond grading is not standard or controlled and also for this reason you could discover tier 2 labs that employ looser guidelines to the rate 1 grading laboratories mentioned above. If you buy a diamond that has been graded by a tier 2 lab, you could wind up paying extra for a minimal high quality ruby. So as an example, a ruby ranked a "F" in shade at a tier 2 laboratory could get a G, H, or lower shade score at a more reputable lab. The industry also marks down rubies graded by minimal well-known laboratories by regarding 15-30% or more. So either you only purchase a ruby graded by a rate 1 laboratory or you approve that you may be getting a lower high quality diamond than just what is mentioned on the record if that ruby is rated by a lower well-known lab.
2. Numerous huge store have massive agreements with lesser known laboratories with "softer" ruby grading guidelines. Some of these softer labs put "recommended substitute worths" on the laboratory records - values which are greater compared to just what shops plans market the diamonds for. So a salesman in a chain store might state to you, "Look at the good deal you are obtaining here. We are marketing you this diamond involvement ring for $2500 but the record says that the suggested substitute worth is $4000." Wow - exactly what a bargain - NOT! This is why it is better that you rely on only independent rate 1 labs.
Likewise keep in mind that credible diamond grading reports are not appraisals and do not provide evaluation numbers. Diamond appraisals are usually blatantly inflated and also are not something you'll wish to rely on.
3. Diamond records are filled with please notes that define that nothing is "licensed" or guaranteed and that the labs are not responsible for errors. Actually, the GIA offers a disclaimer of types on their internet site regarding using words "license." The website claims:
"It is incorrect to state that pupils, graduates, their businesses, or certain gems are "licensed" by GIA. The Gemological Institute of America does not license any individual or anything. Neither a pupil nor a grad who has been granted a certificate or diploma, neither a treasure which has actually been rated or identified by GIA has actually been certified by GIA".
So it is feasible that you the customer is left holding the bag needs to an inaccuracy in a report is later on uncovered. Courts have often ruled that sellers, not labs, are accountable for such mistakes. Why? Because the labs suggested ahead of time that their records couldn't be held responsible.
Luckily, there are a couple means to provide yourself much more customer defense:
A. You could fly to India where jewelry experts provide a life time buyback policy to their clients. As well costly to fly?
B. You might discover one of the 20% of US jewelers that offer totally bonded rubies. These are rubies that are offered with life time breakage, lifetime trade-in as well as lifetime buyback plans.
C. Not as good a solution as purchasing a totally bound ruby yet you could buy a diamond that includes an actual "certificate" and also not a record. "Qualified rubies do have guaranties" albeit for much shorter periods.
Accreditation Some sellers refer to a "diamond record" as a "licensed ruby" however practically this is not correct. From a legal standpoint, a ruby report is a simply an experienced viewpoint though in reality, elements of a diamond grading report are not simply point of views.
As an example, a ruby's carat (weight) can be precisely figured out in addition to its cut grade by determining its optical performance or by describing a computer system model. A certification on the other hand is a statement of fact - a document for which the provider accepts lawful responsibility and will certainly make restitution to the customer for blunders.
Some top diamond grading laboratories use both records and certificates. AGS offers Diamond High quality Files (non-certified reports) as well as Diamond Top quality Certificates. Ruby Quality Certificates are ready specifically for AGS retail jewelry experts and offers warranties from participating American Gem Culture member shops.
GCAL licenses it's ruby grading likewise. Its 100% money-back assurance policy is valid for a period of two years from the date on the relevant certificate. This policy guarantees the accuracy of the cut, shade as well as quality grades as well as the carat weight.
A report or certificate need to will have a number on it that might or could not be engraved on a ruby. You will certainly have the ability to enter that number on the web site of the accrediting laboratory to inspect a report's legitimacy.
Elements Of A Ruby Grading Report Diamond grading records are always developing yet specific element needs to continue to be the exact same. For instance, the:
The Record #. This number is given and videotaped in a lab's record as well as may or may not be etched on a ruby's girdle. You could get in the record number on a grading lab's website to examine the credibility of the diamond top quality record or to obtain more info regarding the diamond. Forming & Element Style: This is the rundown as well as the cutting style used for the aspect setup. There are 3 basic aspect designs - "dazzling cut, action cut and also blended reducing design" as well as 12 fundamental forms which include notables such as rounded great and also princess cut" rubies.
Dimensions: This describes size (not weight) of a diamond. Size consists of dimensions such as size, width, weight as well as diameter. A dimension is generally listed to the hundredth of a millimeter. Dimensions play a significant duty in exactly how a ruby shines.
Carat Weight: The weight of a ruby is determined to the hundredth of a carat weight and some also give such action to the thousandth of a carat (1.123 ct.). Carat weight is one of the most objective as well as the simplest to comprehend of the 4Cs since all one needs to do is weight the rock. Shade Grade: This tells you the level of shade lack in the ruby. The less color the higher the quality.
Rubies are generally graded from D-Z; the closer to "D" the whiter the ruby. You should never ever see ruby color array such as (G-H, I-J-K, and so forth) on a diamond record. You need to just see color ranges on assessments for stones that are placed.
Clearness Quality: Practically every ruby has actually inner blemishes called additions and also external flaws called blemishes. A diamond is graded according to the dimension, type, location and also amount of these problems.
Clearness qualities vary from Perfect (FL) - Consisted Of. Labs use a couple professionals to grade the clarity of a diamond in order to generate an extra exact analysis.
Cut Quality: Much more current diamond records include a cut quality for typical round fantastic diamonds. Cut takes into factor to consider the radiance, fire as well as scintillation of the ruby. Cut quality ranges from Excellent - Poor.
Various other components you could come across on a diamond report consist of the gloss, symmetry, fluorescence and proportion. Equipped with this information, you are better able making an evaluation of the high quality of diamond that is installed in an interaction ring.