5 Tips on What To Look For When Buying Diamonds For Wedding Rings
A wedding, or an engagement in Ringgold, is one of the most important events in every couple’s life. One of the best ways of making the experience memorable is by choosing the right ring to symbolize the love you have for one another. While most couples would like to get the most beautiful ring they can lay their hands on, budgetary restrictions can be a challenge. However, it is possible to find an ideal ring based on your budget.
For anyone looking for precious diamonds for engagement rings and wedding rings in Ringgold, they should consider going about the process carefully. There are various dealers in the market, some of who may sell you fake diamonds. Here are a few useful tips on what to look for when looking for precious diamonds for engagement or wedding rings.
Consider the Diamond Cut
1. Any expert will tell you that the cut is the most important thing to consider when buying diamonds in Ringgold. The main reason behind this is that the cut usually influences the sparkle. A diamond may be clear and feature a high quality color grade, but if the cut is poor, it may still appear dull. The dealer you buy from should be able to cut your diamond in the proper proportions. If your budget can allow it, choose a diamond with the highest cut grade.
2. Contrary to common belief, lack of color in your diamonds denotes a higher color grade. Some people go for pale yellow diamond, without knowing that it is low quality. To avoid such an experience, ask the diamond dealer to give you grade H or higher. Near colorless diamond ranges from grade G to J, but it may be quite expensive.
Clarity Diamonds can also be chosen based on their clarity levels.
3. This is usually not a very important factor to consider, considering that the precious stones usually come with imperfections, known as inclusions. These tiny imperfections may not be easy to detect, and they may only be seen through a microscope. However, the fewer there are, the higher the clarity grade of your diamonds. If your budget can be stretched further, consider buying grade VS1 grade or higher.
Consider the Diamond’s Carat Weight
4. Unlike common belief, carat does not mean the size of the diamond, but its actual weight. Carat and cut must be considered side by side, because no matter the size of the diamond, a poor cut grade can make your precious stones look smaller. Another important fact to keep in mind is that the more the weight of the diamond, the more you will pay for it. Therefore, you should consider going for a less heavy stone with a high grade cut.
Ask for Proof of Certification
5. There is nothing as unfortunate as buying diamonds for your special event only to realize that they are of poor quality, or that they were stolen. To avoid such an eventuality, always ask the dealer in Ringgold to show you the copy of diamond certification.
With these tips, you should be able to make the right choice when buying precious diamonds in Ringgold for you engagement or wedding.
Ringgold How to Buy a Diamond And The 4 Biggest Mistakes When Buying a Diamond
For centuries, diamond has been used as an epitome of true love. It reflects love, affection, security, trust and a life long commitment. When you gift a diamond to a woman, let it be in the form of diamond engagement ring, you need not say the rest. It will make others understand that how much serious you are for her. It will portray your love in the best possible manner.
You can find a variety of diamond engagement rings at online jewelry stores. These diamond engagement rings come in many shapes and styles. It is apt to choose diamond as the stone for these engagement rings because diamond is considered beautiful and it is also the hardest of all substances present on the earth. This is primarily the reason why people consider it ominous and feel that wearing diamond can bring same kind of good luck in their lives. This has made diamond engagement ring, diamond solitaire ring, designer engagement ring, diamond engagement ring platinum, discount diamond engagement ring a pre determined gift for those involved in love.
Out of all rings, a ring with solitaire is considered the most appropriate symbol which can depict your love. The attraction with the solitaire is incomparable. Diamond solitaire rings are set in a prong setting with 4 to 8 claws. Prongs can mostly be seen in platinum, yet another very beautiful and attractive metal. In most of the cases platinum is considered, as it is generally thin, and makes the diamond more visible.
Then there is yet another form of diamond engagement rings, which is attractive as well as romantic. It is known as past, present future ring. These rings define love as eternal and something which was in the past will be in the present and will be there in the future. The ring actually consists of three stones of diamond. The design of the ring can be like a center piece of diamond with two pieces around, or the three pieces of diamond clustered together. Side stone diamond engagement rings are also one style of engagement rings, which is elegant. This type of engagement ring is basically attractive as well as elegant.
They go well for working women.
Then there are antique diamond rings. These are also called Victorian rings. The designs of these rings are just like what was prevalent in the past. These diamond rings also look well if they go with some other stones. And if you want to give something priceless and sentimental to your lover, then you can gift her ancestral ring. Ancestral ring is the ring of your family, coming down since past. This ring must have been worn by your mother and grandmother. These rings are high in sentimental value and thus are considered priceless. Bit if you do not have such a family ring, then there is nothing to be upset over. You can buy for your fiancé or your wife unique engagement rings; who knows, one day; this ring can becomes an ancestral ring for your family.
So, what are you waiting for? If you are planning to walk the aisle with hand in hand with your lover, then begin the process by gifting her a diamond engagement ring. After all, diamonds are a woman's best friend.
How to Buy a Diamond And The 4 Biggest Mistakes When Buying a Diamond
Not all vendors provide ruby grading lab reports (also known as diamond quality reports) to their customers. So my general guidance to you is to keep your cash in your pocket when managing such jewelry experts.
Only purchase a ruby engagement ring if it features the initial ruby top quality record.
A lab report is an independent examination of the 4Cs of a loosened ruby and consists of a plotted diagram of the rock's clarity qualities and a graphic representation of the rock's percentages. Having such a record allows you to contrast diamonds of various high qualities and ultimately helps you make an even more informed getting choice.
A merchant could cut corners as well as not offer a lab record or a deceitful seller may give a phony one because of the time, problem and expenditure he'll birth to obtaining a stone graded.
Yeah - there is a price for grading a ruby (though that expense is at some point paid by the consumer), plus the delivery as well as insurance fees for sending the ruby to the lab. As well as let us not fail to remember the possibility price of a jeweler not having the ruby in his shop up for sale for a couple of weeks while the grading happens.
However, a ruby rating record may likewise not be offered due to the fact that the expenses to getting one might influence also greatly on the last price of the ring. For instance, a 0.3 ct ruby ring costing $250 claim, might cost around $75 to be rated as well as have the record number inscribed on the girdle on the diamond. As you look for that excellent ruby engagement ring for your sweetie, you'll locate that there is an alphabet soup of laboratories declaring to provide reliable diamond rating records. But I would just put my loan on ...
The Premier Diamond Grading Lab Reports
Yes, all ruby top quality reports are not developed equal. Within the industry, it is a consensus that both premier laboratories are GIA-GTL (Gemological Institute of America's Gem Trade Lab) and the AGS (American Gem Society Laboratories).
The GCAL (Treasure Qualification and Guarantee Laboratory) likewise provides very related to records or "ruby certificates" as they are described by GCAL. The GIA has the strongest worldwide online reputation for self-reliance as well as consistency. Due to their consistent color and clarity strictness standards, the globe's biggest and also most costly diamonds have been sent there for grading years. In 2006, GIA-GTL included a two-dimensional cut grading system for rounded dazzling rubies.
AGS makes use of the most strict cut criteria in the sector. It uses a three-dimensional light efficiency metric that could grade several diamond shapes. As a matter of fact, it is the only cut grading system that is identified by the scientific area.
What is even more, its Ruby Top quality Document uses an unique and also proprietary 0 to 10 grading system to examine the 4 Cs - a system which is less complicated to understand compared to GIA's grading system. In reality, AGS also goes the additional action by equating their 0-10 ranking range to various other forms of rating. For instance, the traditional VS1 diamond clearness score is a 3 on the AGS Ruby Quality File.
Diamond Coverage - The Drawbacks
1. Diamond grading is not standardized or controlled and hence you might encounter rate 2 laboratories that employ looser guidelines to the tier 1 grading laboratories mentioned over. If you get a ruby that has actually been rated by a tier 2 lab, you may wind up paying more for a minimal high quality diamond. So for example, a diamond ranked a "F" in shade at a rate 2 lab could obtain a G, H, or lower color score at an extra credible lab. The market also marks down rubies rated by lower known laboratories by about 15-30% or even more. So either you just get a diamond graded by a tier 1 laboratory or you approve that you may be purchasing a minimal high quality diamond compared to just what is mentioned on the record if that diamond is graded by a minimal recognized laboratory.
2. Lots of huge chain shops have massive contracts with minimal well-known laboratories with "softer" ruby grading standards. Several of these softer laboratories placed "recommended replacement values" on the lab reports - values which are greater than just what shops intends market the rubies for. So a salesman in a chain store could state to you, "Take a look at the lot you are obtaining here. We are offering you this ruby engagement ring for $2500 yet the report says that the suggested substitute value is $4000." Wow - just what a bargain - NOT! This is why it is much better that you rely on just independent tier 1 labs.
Likewise remember that credible diamond grading reports are not evaluations and do not supply evaluation figures. Diamond evaluations are commonly blatantly inflated and also are not something you'll intend to depend on.
3. Diamond reports are riddled with disclaimers that define that absolutely nothing is "accredited" or ensured and also that the labs are not liable for errors. Actually, the GIA supplies a please note of sorts on their website regarding using the word "certify." The internet site claims:
"It is incorrect to state that trainees, grads, their companies, or certain gems are "licensed" by GIA. The Gemological Institute of The U.S.A. does not license any person or anything. Neither a pupil nor a grad that has been awarded a certification or diploma, neither a gem which has actually been rated or identified by GIA has been licensed by GIA".
So it is feasible that you the customer is left holding the bag should an inaccuracy in a report is later on uncovered. Courts have often ruled that vendors, not laboratories, are accountable for such mistakes. Why? Because the laboratories suggested beforehand that their records could not be held liable.
The good news is, there are a pair ways to offer yourself much more customer security:
A. You can fly to India where jewelry experts use a life time buyback plan to their clients. As well pricey to fly?
B. You could discover one of the 20% of United States jewelry experts who sell fully adhered rubies. These are diamonds that are offered with lifetime breakage, life time trade-in and lifetime buyback policies.
C. Not as excellent a remedy as getting a fully adhered diamond yet you might get a diamond that has an actual "certificate" as well as not a record. "Qualified rubies do have warranties" albeit for shorter durations.
Qualification Some sellers refer to a "ruby report" as a "certified diamond" however technically this is not deal with. From a legal point ofview, a diamond record is a simply a skilled viewpoint though in actuality, aspects of a diamond grading record are not simply point of views.
For example, a diamond's carat weight (weight) can be precisely determined as well as its cut quality by gauging its optical performance or by describing a computer model. A certificate on the various other hand is a declaration of reality - a record for which the company approves legal responsibility and also will make restitution to the consumer for errors.
Some top diamond grading labs use both records and certifications. AGS offers Diamond Quality Files (non-certified reports) and Ruby Quality Certificates. Ruby Quality Certificates are prepared exclusively for AGS retail jewelry experts as well as supplies warranties from taking part American Gem Culture member stores.
GCAL accredits it's diamond grading also. Its 100% money-back guarantee plan stands for a period of two years from the day on the suitable certificate. This policy makes certain the accuracy of the cut, color as well as clarity grades and also the carat weight.
A record or certificate need to will certainly have a number on it that may or could not be engraved on a ruby. You will certainly be able to get in that number on the internet site of the accrediting laboratory to examine a record's legitimacy.
Elements Of A Diamond Grading Report Diamond grading records are constantly advancing however specific component ought to continue to be the very same. As an example, the:
The Record #. This number is provided and also taped in a lab's record and might or might not be etched on a ruby's band. You can enter the record number on a rating laboratory's web site to examine the authenticity of the diamond top quality record or to obtain more info concerning the diamond. Forming & Aspect Design: This is the outline and also the reducing design made use of for the aspect arrangement. There are 3 basic aspect designs - "fantastic cut, action cut and also combined cutting style" and also 12 basic forms which consist of notables such as rounded fantastic and princess cut" rubies.
Measurements: This describes dimension (not weight) of a diamond. Size includes dimensions such as size, size, weight and size. A measurement is normally provided to the hundredth of a millimeter. Dimensions play a huge duty in just how a diamond glows.
Carat Weight: The weight of a ruby is gauged to the hundredth of a carat as well as some also give such step to the thousandth of a carat weight (1.123 ct.). Carat weight is the most unbiased and also the simplest to recognize of the 4Cs since all one needs to do is weight the stone. Shade Grade: This informs you the level of color absence in the ruby. The less shade the higher the grade.
Diamonds are normally graded from D-Z; the closer to "D" the whiter the diamond. You ought to never see diamond color variety such as (G-H, I-J-K, and so forth) on a ruby record. You need to only see shade ranges on assessments for rocks that are placed.
Clearness Quality: Essentially every diamond has actually interior flaws called inclusions as well as outside imperfections called imperfections. A diamond is rated according to the dimension, type, place and also quantity of these defects.
Quality qualities range from Remarkable (FL) - Included. Labs use a couple experts to grade the quality of a diamond in order to think of a more accurate analysis.
Cut Grade: Extra recent diamond records consist of a cut grade for basic round brilliant diamonds. Cut thinks about the sparkle, fire and also scintillation of the ruby. Cut grade ranges from Outstanding - Poor.
Various other components you might discover on a ruby report include the polish, symmetry, fluorescence as well as proportion. Armed with this details, you are better able making an assessment of the top quality of diamond that is installed in an involvement ring.