5 Tips on What To Look For When Buying Diamonds For Wedding Rings
A wedding, or an engagement in Homewood, is one of the most important events in every couple’s life. One of the best ways of making the experience memorable is by choosing the right ring to symbolize the love you have for one another. While most couples would like to get the most beautiful ring they can lay their hands on, budgetary restrictions can be a challenge. However, it is possible to find an ideal ring based on your budget.
For anyone looking for precious diamonds for engagement rings and wedding rings in Homewood, they should consider going about the process carefully. There are various dealers in the market, some of who may sell you fake diamonds. Here are a few useful tips on what to look for when looking for precious diamonds for engagement or wedding rings.
Consider the Diamond Cut
1. Any expert will tell you that the cut is the most important thing to consider when buying diamonds in Homewood. The main reason behind this is that the cut usually influences the sparkle. A diamond may be clear and feature a high quality color grade, but if the cut is poor, it may still appear dull. The dealer you buy from should be able to cut your diamond in the proper proportions. If your budget can allow it, choose a diamond with the highest cut grade.
2. Contrary to common belief, lack of color in your diamonds denotes a higher color grade. Some people go for pale yellow diamond, without knowing that it is low quality. To avoid such an experience, ask the diamond dealer to give you grade H or higher. Near colorless diamond ranges from grade G to J, but it may be quite expensive.
Clarity Diamonds can also be chosen based on their clarity levels.
3. This is usually not a very important factor to consider, considering that the precious stones usually come with imperfections, known as inclusions. These tiny imperfections may not be easy to detect, and they may only be seen through a microscope. However, the fewer there are, the higher the clarity grade of your diamonds. If your budget can be stretched further, consider buying grade VS1 grade or higher.
Consider the Diamond’s Carat Weight
4. Unlike common belief, carat does not mean the size of the diamond, but its actual weight. Carat and cut must be considered side by side, because no matter the size of the diamond, a poor cut grade can make your precious stones look smaller. Another important fact to keep in mind is that the more the weight of the diamond, the more you will pay for it. Therefore, you should consider going for a less heavy stone with a high grade cut.
Ask for Proof of Certification
5. There is nothing as unfortunate as buying diamonds for your special event only to realize that they are of poor quality, or that they were stolen. To avoid such an eventuality, always ask the dealer in Homewood to show you the copy of diamond certification.
With these tips, you should be able to make the right choice when buying precious diamonds in Homewood for you engagement or wedding.
Homewood How to Buy a Diamond And The 4 Biggest Mistakes When Buying a Diamond
For centuries, diamond has been used as an epitome of true love. It reflects love, affection, security, trust and a life long commitment. When you gift a diamond to a woman, let it be in the form of diamond engagement ring, you need not say the rest. It will make others understand that how much serious you are for her. It will portray your love in the best possible manner.
You can find a variety of diamond engagement rings at online jewelry stores. These diamond engagement rings come in many shapes and styles. It is apt to choose diamond as the stone for these engagement rings because diamond is considered beautiful and it is also the hardest of all substances present on the earth. This is primarily the reason why people consider it ominous and feel that wearing diamond can bring same kind of good luck in their lives. This has made diamond engagement ring, diamond solitaire ring, designer engagement ring, diamond engagement ring platinum, discount diamond engagement ring a pre determined gift for those involved in love.
Out of all rings, a ring with solitaire is considered the most appropriate symbol which can depict your love. The attraction with the solitaire is incomparable. Diamond solitaire rings are set in a prong setting with 4 to 8 claws. Prongs can mostly be seen in platinum, yet another very beautiful and attractive metal. In most of the cases platinum is considered, as it is generally thin, and makes the diamond more visible.
Then there is yet another form of diamond engagement rings, which is attractive as well as romantic. It is known as past, present future ring. These rings define love as eternal and something which was in the past will be in the present and will be there in the future. The ring actually consists of three stones of diamond. The design of the ring can be like a center piece of diamond with two pieces around, or the three pieces of diamond clustered together. Side stone diamond engagement rings are also one style of engagement rings, which is elegant. This type of engagement ring is basically attractive as well as elegant.
They go well for working women.
Then there are antique diamond rings. These are also called Victorian rings. The designs of these rings are just like what was prevalent in the past. These diamond rings also look well if they go with some other stones. And if you want to give something priceless and sentimental to your lover, then you can gift her ancestral ring. Ancestral ring is the ring of your family, coming down since past. This ring must have been worn by your mother and grandmother. These rings are high in sentimental value and thus are considered priceless. Bit if you do not have such a family ring, then there is nothing to be upset over. You can buy for your fiancé or your wife unique engagement rings; who knows, one day; this ring can becomes an ancestral ring for your family.
So, what are you waiting for? If you are planning to walk the aisle with hand in hand with your lover, then begin the process by gifting her a diamond engagement ring. After all, diamonds are a woman's best friend.
Fake Or Actual Ruby And Is This Right For You
Not all sellers supply diamond grading laboratory reports (also known as diamond high quality reports) to their consumers. So my basic advice to you is to keep your money in your pocket when dealing with such jewelers.
Just acquire a diamond involvement ring if it includes the initial diamond quality report.
A laboratory record is an independent assessment of the 4Cs of a loose diamond and includes a plotted diagram of the stone's clarity attributes and a graphic representation of the stone's proportions. Having such a record permits you to compare diamonds of various top qualities and also inevitably helps you make an even more informed purchasing decision.
A retailer may reduce corners and also not supply a laboratory record or a deceitful seller may supply a fake one due to the moment, problem as well as expenditure he'll bear to obtaining a rock graded.
Yeah - there is a rate for rating a ruby (though that expense is eventually paid by the consumer), plus the delivery and insurance policy charges for sending the ruby to the lab. And also allow us not fail to remember the possibility price of a jewelry expert not having the diamond in his store offer for sale for a few weeks while the grading occurs.
Nonetheless, a ruby rating record may likewise not be offered since the expenses to getting one might influence as well heavily on the last cost of the ring. As an example, a 0.3 ct diamond ring costing $250 claim, may set you back around $75 to be rated and have the report number engraved on the band on the diamond. As you browse for that perfect diamond engagement ring for your sweetheart, you'll discover that there is a hodgepodge of laboratories claiming to offer reliable diamond rating records. However I would only put my money on ...
The Premier Diamond Grading Lab Information
Yes, all diamond quality records are not produced equivalent. Within the sector, it is a consensus that the 2 top laboratories are GIA-GTL (Gemological Institute of The U.S.A.'s Gem Trade Lab) as well as the AGS (American Gem Culture Laboratories).
The GCAL (Treasure Accreditation as well as Guarantee Laboratory) also uses highly pertained to reports or "diamond certifications" as they are described by GCAL. The GIA has the greatest global online reputation for independence as well as uniformity. Because of their consistent color and clearness strictness standards, the globe's largest and also most expensive rubies have actually been sent out there for rating decades. In 2006, GIA-GTL included a two-dimensional cut grading system for rounded great diamonds.
AGS uses the strictest cut criteria in the market. It uses a three-dimensional light efficiency metric that can quality a number of diamond forms. As a matter of fact, it is the only cut grading system that is identified by the scientific community.
Just what is more, its Diamond Quality Paper uses an one-of-a-kind and also proprietary 0 to 10 grading system to review the 4 Cs - a system which is less complicated to comprehend compared to GIA's grading system. In reality, AGS also goes the extra step by relating their 0-10 ranking scale to other types of rating. For instance, the traditional VS1 ruby clearness ranking is a 3 on the AGS Diamond Top Quality Paper.
Ruby Reporting - The Drawbacks
1. Ruby grading is not standard or controlled and also thus you may come throughout rate 2 labs that employ looser standards to the tier 1 grading labs stated over. If you buy a diamond that has been graded by a tier 2 laboratory, you could wind up paying much more for a minimal top quality diamond. So for instance, a ruby ranked a "F" in shade at a rate 2 lab could get a G, H, or reduced color rating at an extra respectable lab. The sector likewise discounts rubies graded by lower well-known labs by concerning 15-30% or more. So either you just buy a diamond rated by a tier 1 lab or you accept that you may be acquiring a minimal quality diamond than just what is stated on the record if that diamond is graded by a minimal recognized lab.
2. Lots of huge chain stores have big contracts with minimal recognized laboratories with "softer" diamond grading guidelines. Several of these softer labs put "suggested substitute values" on the lab reports - values which are more than exactly what stores intends market the rubies for. So a sales representative in a chain shop might say to you, "Check out the lot you are obtaining here. We are marketing you this ruby engagement ring for $2500 however the record says that the suggested replacement value is $4000." Wow - just what a bargain - NOT! This is why it is better that you rely on only independent rate 1 laboratories.
Likewise remember that reputable ruby grading reports are not appraisals as well as don't supply appraisal numbers. Ruby assessments are commonly grossly inflated and also are not something you'll wish to depend on.
3. Ruby records are riddled with disclaimers that specify that nothing is "accredited" or assured which the laboratories are not answerable for mistakes. In truth, the GIA offers a disclaimer of types on their internet site pertaining to using the word "certify." The website states:
"It is incorrect to state that pupils, graduates, their companies, or particular gems are "accredited" by GIA. The Gemological Institute of America does not certify anybody or anything. Neither a pupil neither a grad that has been awarded a certificate or diploma, neither a gem which has actually been rated or determined by GIA has been accredited by GIA".
So it is feasible that you the consumer is left holding the bag should a mistake in a report is later uncovered. Courts have often ruled that sellers, not labs, are accountable for such errors. Why? Due to the fact that the laboratories suggested ahead of time that their reports could not be held liable.
Luckily, there are a couple methods to offer on your own more buyer protection:
A. You can fly to India where jewelers use a life time buyback policy to their customers. Also costly to fly?
B. You might find among the 20% of United States jewelers that sell totally bonded diamonds. These are diamonds that are marketed with life time damage, lifetime trade-in as well as life time buyback plans.
C. Not as good a treatment as purchasing a fully bound diamond however you might purchase a ruby that features a real "certificate" as well as not a report. "Certified diamonds do come with warranties" albeit for shorter durations.
Qualification Some sellers describe a "diamond report" as a "certified ruby" yet practically this is not remedy. From a lawful perspective, a ruby report is a just a skilled point of view though in reality, aspects of a ruby rating report are not simply opinions.
For example, a diamond's carat weight (weight) could be accurately identified along with its cut quality by determining its optical efficiency or by referring to a computer system model. A certification on the various other hand is a statement of truth - a paper for which the issuer accepts legal duty and also will certainly make restitution to the consumer for errors.
Some top ruby grading labs provide both records as well as certificates. AGS uses Ruby Top quality Papers (non-certified records) and likewise Diamond High quality Certificates. Diamond Top quality Certificates are ready solely for AGS retail jewelers as well as uses guaranties from participating American Treasure Culture member stores.
GCAL accredits it's diamond grading likewise. Its 100% money-back assurance plan stands for a period of two years from the date on the suitable certification. This plan guarantees the precision of the cut, shade and clarity grades as well as the carat weight.
A record or certification must will certainly have a number on it that may or could not be engraved on a ruby. You will have the ability to get in that number on the web site of the licensing lab to inspect a record's validity.
Elements Of A Diamond Grading Record Ruby grading reports are always evolving however specific component ought to stay the exact same. As an example, the:
The Report #. This number is provided and also recorded in a lab's document as well as could or could not be engraved on a ruby's girdle. You can enter the record number on a grading laboratory's website to check the authenticity of the diamond top quality report or to obtain even more details about the diamond. Shape & Element Design: This is the summary as well as the reducing style used for the facet plan. There are 3 basic facet designs - "fantastic cut, step cut and also blended reducing design" as well as 12 fundamental shapes that include notables such as rounded great as well as princess cut" rubies.
Dimensions: This describes dimension (not weight) of a diamond. Dimension includes measurements such as size, width, weight as well as diameter. A dimension is normally provided to the hundredth of a millimeter. Dimensions play a huge role in exactly how a ruby glows.
Carat Weight: The weight of a diamond is measured to the hundredth of a carat and some also provide such procedure to the thousandth of a carat weight (1.123 ct.). Carat weight is the most unbiased as well as the simplest to comprehend of the 4Cs due to the fact that all one has to do is weight the stone. Shade Grade: This tells you the level of color absence in the diamond. The much less color the higher the quality.
Rubies are usually rated from D-Z; the closer to "D" the whiter the ruby. You need to never ever see diamond shade variety such as (G-H, I-J-K, and also so on) on a ruby record. You need to just see shade varieties on evaluations for rocks that are mounted.
Clarity Grade: Virtually every ruby has actually internal blemishes called incorporations and also external blemishes called blemishes. A diamond is rated according to the dimension, type, location as well as amount of these flaws.
Clearness qualities vary from Remarkable (FL) - Included. Labs utilize a couple experts to grade the quality of a diamond in order to come up with a more precise analysis.
Cut Quality: Extra current ruby records include a cut quality for common round fantastic diamonds. Cut takes into consideration the radiance, fire and also scintillation of the ruby. Cut grade ranges from Outstanding - Poor.
Various other components you could come across on a diamond record include the polish, symmetry, fluorescence as well as percentage. Armed with this information, you are much better able to make an evaluation of the top quality of diamond that is mounted in an engagement ring.