5 Tips on What To Look For When Buying Diamonds For Wedding Rings
A wedding, or an engagement in Hunters, is one of the most important events in every couple’s life. One of the best ways of making the experience memorable is by choosing the right ring to symbolize the love you have for one another. While most couples would like to get the most beautiful ring they can lay their hands on, budgetary restrictions can be a challenge. However, it is possible to find an ideal ring based on your budget.
For anyone looking for precious diamonds for engagement rings and wedding rings in Hunters, they should consider going about the process carefully. There are various dealers in the market, some of who may sell you fake diamonds. Here are a few useful tips on what to look for when looking for precious diamonds for engagement or wedding rings.
Consider the Diamond Cut
1. Any expert will tell you that the cut is the most important thing to consider when buying diamonds in Hunters. The main reason behind this is that the cut usually influences the sparkle. A diamond may be clear and feature a high quality color grade, but if the cut is poor, it may still appear dull. The dealer you buy from should be able to cut your diamond in the proper proportions. If your budget can allow it, choose a diamond with the highest cut grade.
2. Contrary to common belief, lack of color in your diamonds denotes a higher color grade. Some people go for pale yellow diamond, without knowing that it is low quality. To avoid such an experience, ask the diamond dealer to give you grade H or higher. Near colorless diamond ranges from grade G to J, but it may be quite expensive.
Clarity Diamonds can also be chosen based on their clarity levels.
3. This is usually not a very important factor to consider, considering that the precious stones usually come with imperfections, known as inclusions. These tiny imperfections may not be easy to detect, and they may only be seen through a microscope. However, the fewer there are, the higher the clarity grade of your diamonds. If your budget can be stretched further, consider buying grade VS1 grade or higher.
Consider the Diamond’s Carat Weight
4. Unlike common belief, carat does not mean the size of the diamond, but its actual weight. Carat and cut must be considered side by side, because no matter the size of the diamond, a poor cut grade can make your precious stones look smaller. Another important fact to keep in mind is that the more the weight of the diamond, the more you will pay for it. Therefore, you should consider going for a less heavy stone with a high grade cut.
Ask for Proof of Certification
5. There is nothing as unfortunate as buying diamonds for your special event only to realize that they are of poor quality, or that they were stolen. To avoid such an eventuality, always ask the dealer in Hunters to show you the copy of diamond certification.
With these tips, you should be able to make the right choice when buying precious diamonds in Hunters for you engagement or wedding.
Hunters How to Buy a Diamond And The 4 Biggest Mistakes When Buying a Diamond
For centuries, diamond has been used as an epitome of true love. It reflects love, affection, security, trust and a life long commitment. When you gift a diamond to a woman, let it be in the form of diamond engagement ring, you need not say the rest. It will make others understand that how much serious you are for her. It will portray your love in the best possible manner.
You can find a variety of diamond engagement rings at online jewelry stores. These diamond engagement rings come in many shapes and styles. It is apt to choose diamond as the stone for these engagement rings because diamond is considered beautiful and it is also the hardest of all substances present on the earth. This is primarily the reason why people consider it ominous and feel that wearing diamond can bring same kind of good luck in their lives. This has made diamond engagement ring, diamond solitaire ring, designer engagement ring, diamond engagement ring platinum, discount diamond engagement ring a pre determined gift for those involved in love.
Out of all rings, a ring with solitaire is considered the most appropriate symbol which can depict your love. The attraction with the solitaire is incomparable. Diamond solitaire rings are set in a prong setting with 4 to 8 claws. Prongs can mostly be seen in platinum, yet another very beautiful and attractive metal. In most of the cases platinum is considered, as it is generally thin, and makes the diamond more visible.
Then there is yet another form of diamond engagement rings, which is attractive as well as romantic. It is known as past, present future ring. These rings define love as eternal and something which was in the past will be in the present and will be there in the future. The ring actually consists of three stones of diamond. The design of the ring can be like a center piece of diamond with two pieces around, or the three pieces of diamond clustered together. Side stone diamond engagement rings are also one style of engagement rings, which is elegant. This type of engagement ring is basically attractive as well as elegant.
They go well for working women.
Then there are antique diamond rings. These are also called Victorian rings. The designs of these rings are just like what was prevalent in the past. These diamond rings also look well if they go with some other stones. And if you want to give something priceless and sentimental to your lover, then you can gift her ancestral ring. Ancestral ring is the ring of your family, coming down since past. This ring must have been worn by your mother and grandmother. These rings are high in sentimental value and thus are considered priceless. Bit if you do not have such a family ring, then there is nothing to be upset over. You can buy for your fiancé or your wife unique engagement rings; who knows, one day; this ring can becomes an ancestral ring for your family.
So, what are you waiting for? If you are planning to walk the aisle with hand in hand with your lover, then begin the process by gifting her a diamond engagement ring. After all, diamonds are a woman's best friend.
How Do You Know If The Ruby Is Phony Or Genuine Diamond?
Not all vendors provide ruby grading laboratory records (also known as ruby quality records) to their consumers. So my general advice to you is to maintain your money in your pocket when handling such jewelry experts.
Just acquire a ruby involvement ring if it includes the original diamond top quality record.
A laboratory report is an independent evaluation of the 4Cs of a loose ruby and includes a plotted diagram of the stone's clarity qualities and a visuals depiction of the rock's proportions. Having such a record permits you to compare rubies of various high qualities as well as inevitably assists you make a more notified purchasing decision.
A seller may cut corners and also not supply a lab report or a deceitful vendor could supply a phony one as a result of the moment, difficulty and also cost he'll bear to getting a rock graded.
Yeah - there is a price for grading a diamond (though that price is eventually paid by the consumer), plus the shipping and insurance policy costs for sending out the diamond to the laboratory. And allow us not fail to remember the possibility cost of a jeweler not having the diamond in his store up for sale for a few weeks while the grading occurs.
However, a diamond grading report may additionally not be readily available due to the fact that the costs to obtaining one may influence also heavily on the last cost of the ring. As an example, a 0.3 ct diamond ring costing $250 claim, could set you back around $75 to be rated as well as have the report number inscribed on the band on the diamond. As you browse for that suitable ruby involvement ring for your sweetie, you'll locate that there is an alphabet soup of labs asserting to give trusted ruby grading records. Yet I would just put my money on ...
The Premier Ruby Grading Lab Reports
Yes, all ruby quality records are not developed equal. Within the industry, it is a consensus that both premier laboratories are GIA-GTL (Gemological Institute of The U.S.A.'s Treasure Profession Lab) as well as the AGS (American Gem Culture Laboratories).
The GCAL (Gem Accreditation and Guarantee Laboratory) likewise uses extremely regarded reports or "diamond certificates" as they are described by GCAL. The GIA has the toughest worldwide reputation for freedom and uniformity. Because of their constant color and also clearness strictness guidelines, the world's biggest and also most costly diamonds have been sent there for rating decades. In 2006, GIA-GTL included a two-dimensional cut grading system for rounded brilliant rubies.
AGS utilizes the strictest cut standards in the market. It utilizes a three-dimensional light efficiency metric that could grade numerous ruby forms. As a matter of fact, it is the only cut grading system that is acknowledged by the scientific neighborhood.
Just what is more, its Diamond Top quality Document makes use of an one-of-a-kind and also proprietary 0 to 10 grading system to examine the 4 Cs - a system which is less complicated to understand than GIA's grading system. Actually, AGS also goes the added step by relating their 0-10 ranking scale to various other forms of score. For instance, the conventional VS1 ruby quality score is a 3 on the AGS Ruby Top Quality File.
Ruby Reporting - The Drawbacks
1. Ruby grading is not standardized or controlled and for this reason you could come throughout rate 2 laboratories that use looser standards to the rate 1 grading labs mentioned over. If you acquire a diamond that has been rated by a tier 2 lab, you could wind up paying much more for a lower quality ruby. So for instance, a ruby rated a "F" in color at a rate 2 lab might get a G, H, or lower shade ranking at a more reliable laboratory. The market additionally discounts rubies graded by lower well-known laboratories by regarding 15-30% or even more. So either you just purchase a ruby graded by a tier 1 laboratory or you accept that you may be acquiring a lesser high quality diamond than just what is stated on the record if that ruby is graded by a minimal well-known lab.
2. Several big store have massive agreements with lower well-known laboratories with "softer" ruby grading standards. A few of these softer labs put "recommended replacement values" on the lab records - values which are above exactly what stores plans offer the rubies for. So a sales representative in a chain store could say to you, "Consider the fantastic offer you are getting here. We are selling you this ruby engagement ring for $2500 however the record says that the suggested substitute worth is $4000." Wow - exactly what a bargain - NOT! This is why it is better that you trust just independent rate 1 laboratories.
Also remember that trusted diamond rating reports are not assessments and also don't offer evaluation numbers. Diamond evaluations are often grossly filled with air and also are not something you'll desire to rely upon.
3. Diamond reports are filled with please notes that specify that nothing is "certified" or assured which the labs are not liable for errors. Actually, the GIA provides a disclaimer of types on their site relating to the usage of words "license." The website claims:
"It is wrong to state that students, grads, their businesses, or specific gemstones are "certified" by GIA. The Gemological Institute of America does not license any individual or anything. Neither a student nor a grad who has actually been granted a certificate or diploma, nor a gem which has actually been rated or recognized by GIA has been certified by GIA".
So it is possible that you the customer is left holding the bag must an inaccuracy in a report is later on found. Courts have frequently ruled that vendors, not labs, are in charge of such errors. Why? Because the laboratories suggested in advance that their reports could not be held responsible.
Thankfully, there are a couple means to offer yourself extra purchaser defense:
A. You could fly to India where jewelers offer a life time buyback plan to their customers. Too costly to fly?
B. You might find one of the 20% people jewelry experts that offer completely bound rubies. These are diamonds that are offered with life time breakage, life time trade-in and life time buyback plans.
C. Not as good a treatment as buying a completely bonded diamond but you can purchase a diamond that comes with a real "certificate" and also not a report. "Licensed diamonds do come with warranties" albeit for shorter durations.
Qualification Some sellers describe a "diamond report" as a "qualified diamond" however technically this is not fix. From a lawful point ofview, a diamond report is a simply an experienced point of view though in truth, aspects of a diamond grading record are not simply viewpoints.
As an example, a diamond's carat (weight) can be accurately identified along with its cut grade by measuring its optical effectiveness or by describing a computer system version. A certification on the various other hand is a declaration of reality - a file for which the provider approves legal responsibility as well as will make restitution to the customer for errors.
Some top diamond grading labs provide both reports and also certificates. AGS offers Ruby Quality Papers (non-certified reports) and likewise Ruby High quality Certificates. Ruby Top quality Certifications are prepared solely for AGS retail jewelry experts as well as provides warranties from participating American Treasure Society member stores.
GCAL accredits it's diamond grading likewise. Its 100% money-back warranty plan stands for a period of 2 years from the date on the suitable certification. This policy ensures the precision of the cut, shade and clarity qualities as well as the carat weight.
A record or certificate ought to will have a number on it that might or could not be engraved on a ruby. You will certainly be able to enter that number on the internet site of the licensing laboratory to inspect a report's legitimacy.
Elements Of A Ruby Grading Record Diamond grading records are constantly developing but specific aspect needs to continue to be the same. As an example, the:
The Record #. This number is provided as well as tape-recorded in a laboratory's document and also may or might not be engraved on a diamond's band. You could go into the report number on a grading laboratory's web site to check the credibility of the ruby quality report or to get even more information concerning the diamond. Shape & Facet Style: This is the summary as well as the reducing style made use of for the element setup. There are 3 standard aspect designs - "brilliant cut, step cut and mixed cutting style" as well as 12 basic forms that include notables such as rounded great and princess cut" diamonds.
Measurements: This describes size (not weight) of a ruby. Dimension includes dimensions such as size, width, weight and size. A measurement is usually noted to the hundredth of a millimeter. Dimensions play a huge function in exactly how a diamond glows.
Carat weight Weight: The weight of a ruby is determined to the hundredth of a carat weight as well as some also provide such measure to the thousandth of a carat weight (1.123 ct.). Carat weight is one of the most unbiased as well as the easiest to comprehend of the 4Cs due to the fact that all one has to do is weight the stone. Color Grade: This informs you the level of shade absence in the diamond. The much less color the greater the quality.
Diamonds are commonly rated from D-Z; the closer to "D" the whiter the diamond. You need to never ever see ruby shade range such as (G-H, I-J-K, and more) on a ruby record. You ought to just see shade arrays on evaluations for stones that are placed.
Clearness Grade: Practically every diamond has interior flaws called inclusions and exterior imperfections called imperfections. A diamond is rated according to the size, type, location as well as quantity of these flaws.
Clarity qualities range from Flawless (FL) - Consisted Of. Labs make use of a pair professionals to quality the clearness of a diamond in order to come up with a much more accurate reading.
Cut Quality: Much more recent diamond reports include a cut quality for conventional round great rubies. Cut takes into consideration the sparkle, fire as well as scintillation of the diamond. Cut grade ranges from Superb - Poor.
Various other aspects you might discover on a diamond report consist of the gloss, symmetry, fluorescence as well as proportion. Equipped with this details, you are better able making an analysis of the top quality of ruby that is mounted in an interaction ring.