5 Tips on What To Look For When Buying Diamonds For Wedding Rings
A wedding, or an engagement in Homewood, is one of the most important events in every couple’s life. One of the best ways of making the experience memorable is by choosing the right ring to symbolize the love you have for one another. While most couples would like to get the most beautiful ring they can lay their hands on, budgetary restrictions can be a challenge. However, it is possible to find an ideal ring based on your budget.
For anyone looking for precious diamonds for engagement rings and wedding rings in Homewood, they should consider going about the process carefully. There are various dealers in the market, some of who may sell you fake diamonds. Here are a few useful tips on what to look for when looking for precious diamonds for engagement or wedding rings.
Consider the Diamond Cut
1. Any expert will tell you that the cut is the most important thing to consider when buying diamonds in Homewood. The main reason behind this is that the cut usually influences the sparkle. A diamond may be clear and feature a high quality color grade, but if the cut is poor, it may still appear dull. The dealer you buy from should be able to cut your diamond in the proper proportions. If your budget can allow it, choose a diamond with the highest cut grade.
2. Contrary to common belief, lack of color in your diamonds denotes a higher color grade. Some people go for pale yellow diamond, without knowing that it is low quality. To avoid such an experience, ask the diamond dealer to give you grade H or higher. Near colorless diamond ranges from grade G to J, but it may be quite expensive.
Clarity Diamonds can also be chosen based on their clarity levels.
3. This is usually not a very important factor to consider, considering that the precious stones usually come with imperfections, known as inclusions. These tiny imperfections may not be easy to detect, and they may only be seen through a microscope. However, the fewer there are, the higher the clarity grade of your diamonds. If your budget can be stretched further, consider buying grade VS1 grade or higher.
Consider the Diamond’s Carat Weight
4. Unlike common belief, carat does not mean the size of the diamond, but its actual weight. Carat and cut must be considered side by side, because no matter the size of the diamond, a poor cut grade can make your precious stones look smaller. Another important fact to keep in mind is that the more the weight of the diamond, the more you will pay for it. Therefore, you should consider going for a less heavy stone with a high grade cut.
Ask for Proof of Certification
5. There is nothing as unfortunate as buying diamonds for your special event only to realize that they are of poor quality, or that they were stolen. To avoid such an eventuality, always ask the dealer in Homewood to show you the copy of diamond certification.
With these tips, you should be able to make the right choice when buying precious diamonds in Homewood for you engagement or wedding.
Homewood How to Buy a Diamond And The 4 Biggest Mistakes When Buying a Diamond
Not all sellers supply diamond grading lab reports (also known as ruby high quality reports) to their consumers. So my general recommendations to you is to keep your money in your pocket when managing such jewelers.
Only acquire a ruby engagement ring if it has the initial diamond top quality record.
A laboratory record is an independent assessment of the 4Cs of a loosened diamond as well as includes an outlined representation of the rock's clearness characteristics and a graphic representation of the stone's proportions. Having such a record allows you to contrast diamonds of different top qualities and eventually helps you make a more notified acquiring decision.
A retailer might cut edges as well as not supply a laboratory record or a deceitful vendor could provide a fake one as a result of the moment, difficulty and also expense he'll birth to getting a rock rated.
Yeah - there is a cost for grading a ruby (though that expense is ultimately paid by the customer), plus the delivery and also insurance costs for sending out the ruby to the lab. And also allow us not forget the opportunity cost of a jewelry expert not having the diamond in his store offer for sale for a few weeks while the grading happens.
However, a diamond rating record could additionally not be readily available because the expenses to obtaining one could impact too greatly on the last rate of the ring. As an example, a 0.3 ct diamond ring costing $250 claim, may set you back around $75 to be graded as well as have the report number inscribed on the girdle on the ruby. As you search for that optimal ruby interaction ring for your sweetheart, you'll discover that there is a hodgepodge of laboratories claiming to offer trustworthy ruby rating records. However I would only put my cash on ...
The Premier Diamond Grading Lab Reports
Yes, all diamond top quality records are not produced equivalent. Within the industry, it is a consensus that both top laboratories are GIA-GTL (Gemological Institute of America's Gem Profession Laboratory) and the AGS (American Treasure Culture Laboratories).
The GCAL (Treasure Qualification and Assurance Laboratory) likewise provides highly pertained to reports or "ruby certifications" as they are described by GCAL. The GIA has the greatest international online reputation for independence and also uniformity. As a result of their consistent color and also clarity strictness standards, the globe's biggest and also most costly rubies have been sent there for grading years. In 2006, GIA-GTL included a two-dimensional cut grading system for rounded fantastic rubies.
AGS utilizes the strictest cut standards in the market. It uses a three-dimensional light efficiency metric that could grade numerous ruby shapes. Actually, it is the only cut grading system that is recognized by the clinical area.
Exactly what is more, its Ruby Top quality File utilizes an unique and exclusive 0 to 10 grading system to review the 4 Cs - a system which is easier to comprehend compared to GIA's grading system. Actually, AGS even goes the added action by equating their 0-10 score scale to various other types of rating. As an example, the traditional VS1 diamond clarity rating is a 3 on the AGS Diamond Top Quality Paper.
Diamond Coverage - The Drawbacks
1. Diamond grading is not standard or controlled and hence you could come across rate 2 laboratories that utilize looser guidelines to the rate 1 grading labs pointed out above. If you get a diamond that has been rated by a tier 2 lab, you could wind up paying extra for a lower quality diamond. So as an example, a ruby rated a "F" in color at a tier 2 laboratory might obtain a G, H, or lower shade ranking at a much more trustworthy laboratory. The industry additionally discounts rubies graded by lesser known laboratories by regarding 15-30% or more. So either you just acquire a ruby rated by a rate 1 lab or you approve that you may be purchasing a lesser quality ruby than exactly what is mentioned on the report if that ruby is graded by a lower recognized lab.
2. Lots of huge chain stores have big contracts with lower recognized laboratories with "softer" ruby grading standards. Several of these softer labs put "suggested substitute values" on the lab records - values which are greater than exactly what shops means market the diamonds for. So a salesman in a chain store might say to you, "Take a look at the large amount you are obtaining here. We are offering you this diamond interaction ring for $2500 yet the report claims that the recommended substitute value is $4000." Wow - just what a deal - NOT! This is why it is better that you rely on just independent tier 1 laboratories.
Additionally bear in mind that trustworthy diamond grading records are not evaluations and also do not offer assessment figures. Diamond assessments are usually blatantly filled with air as well as are not something you'll want to rely on.
3. Ruby records are filled with disclaimers that define that absolutely nothing is "accredited" or guaranteed and that the laboratories are not accountable for errors. Actually, the GIA provides a disclaimer of kinds on their website pertaining to the use of words "license." The website says:
"It is inaccurate to state that students, grads, their companies, or certain gemstones are "licensed" by GIA. The Gemological Institute of America does not certify any person or anything. Neither a student nor a graduate that has been awarded a certificate or diploma, neither a gem which has actually been rated or identified by GIA has been certified by GIA".
So it is feasible that you the consumer is left holding the bag ought to an error in a record is later uncovered. Courts have actually frequently ruled that sellers, not labs, are responsible for such mistakes. Why? Since the labs indicated in advance that their reports could not be held liable.
Luckily, there are a couple means to offer on your own a lot more customer protection:
A. You might fly to India where jewelry experts offer a lifetime buyback plan to their clients. Too costly to fly?
B. You could locate among the 20% people jewelers who market totally bound diamonds. These are rubies that are sold with life time damage, lifetime trade-in as well as lifetime buyback plans.
C. Not as good a solution as acquiring a totally bound ruby but you could buy a ruby that features a real "certification" as well as not a report. "Licensed rubies do come with warranties" albeit for shorter durations.
Qualification Some vendors describe a "ruby record" as a "qualified ruby" but practically this is not deal with. From a legal viewpoint, a ruby report is a just an expert opinion though in truth, elements of a diamond rating report are not simply point of views.
As an example, a ruby's carat weight (weight) can be properly identified in addition to its cut grade by determining its optical performance or by describing a computer system model. A certificate on the other hand is a declaration of truth - a paper for which the company approves lawful obligation and also will certainly make restitution to the consumer for mistakes.
Some leading ruby grading labs supply both reports as well as certifications. AGS offers Ruby Top quality Papers (non-certified records) and also Diamond Quality Certificates. Diamond Top quality Certificates are prepared specifically for AGS retail jewelry experts and offers warranties from participating American Gem Culture member stores.
GCAL certifies it's ruby grading additionally. Its 100% money-back guarantee policy is valid for a period of 2 years from the day on the relevant certificate. This policy makes sure the precision of the cut, color as well as quality grades and the carat weight.
A report or certificate should will have a number on it that may or may not be etched on a diamond. You will certainly be able to enter that number on the web site of the certifying lab to inspect a report's credibility.
Components Of A Diamond Grading Record Ruby rating reports are constantly progressing however certain aspect needs to continue to be the exact same. For example, the:
The Report #. This number is offered and tape-recorded in a lab's record and also might or may not be engraved on a ruby's band. You can enter the report number on a rating lab's site to inspect the authenticity of the ruby top quality record or to obtain more info about the diamond. Shape & Facet Design: This is the overview and also the reducing style made use of for the element arrangement. There are 3 fundamental facet designs - "brilliant cut, action cut and mixed cutting style" and 12 standard forms that include notables such as round brilliant as well as princess cut" rubies.
Dimensions: This refers to dimension (not weight) of a diamond. Size includes dimensions such as length, size, weight and diameter. A measurement is usually detailed to the hundredth of a millimeter. Measurements play a massive duty in just how a ruby shines.
Carat weight Weight: The weight of a diamond is determined to the hundredth of a carat weight as well as some even provide such procedure to the thousandth of a carat (1.123 ct.). Carat weight is one of the most unbiased as well as the easiest to understand of the 4Cs because all one needs to do is weight the stone. Color Quality: This tells you the degree of shade lack in the ruby. The much less shade the greater the quality.
Rubies are usually rated from D-Z; the closer to "D" the whiter the diamond. You ought to never ever see ruby color variety such as (G-H, I-J-K, and so on) on a diamond record. You must only see color arrays on appraisals for rocks that are mounted.
Clarity Grade: Virtually every diamond has interior imperfections called inclusions as well as exterior blemishes called blemishes. A ruby is rated according to the size, type, place as well as amount of these problems.
Quality grades range from Flawless (FL) - Included. Labs use a couple specialists to grade the clarity of a ruby in order to think of a much more precise analysis.
Cut Grade: More recent ruby reports include a cut quality for basic round brilliant rubies. Cut takes into account the brilliance, fire and also scintillation of the ruby. Cut quality ranges from Excellent - Poor.
Various other aspects you may come across on a diamond record include the polish, symmetry, fluorescence and also proportion. Armed with this details, you are much better able to earn an assessment of the high quality of ruby that is installed in an interaction ring.
The Big 4 Cs For Loose Diamonds
For centuries, diamond has been used as an epitome of true love. It reflects love, affection, security, trust and a life long commitment. When you gift a diamond to a woman, let it be in the form of diamond engagement ring, you need not say the rest. It will make others understand that how much serious you are for her. It will portray your love in the best possible manner.
You can find a variety of diamond engagement rings at online jewelry stores. These diamond engagement rings come in many shapes and styles. It is apt to choose diamond as the stone for these engagement rings because diamond is considered beautiful and it is also the hardest of all substances present on the earth. This is primarily the reason why people consider it ominous and feel that wearing diamond can bring same kind of good luck in their lives. This has made diamond engagement ring, diamond solitaire ring, designer engagement ring, diamond engagement ring platinum, discount diamond engagement ring a pre determined gift for those involved in love.
Out of all rings, a ring with solitaire is considered the most appropriate symbol which can depict your love. The attraction with the solitaire is incomparable. Diamond solitaire rings are set in a prong setting with 4 to 8 claws. Prongs can mostly be seen in platinum, yet another very beautiful and attractive metal. In most of the cases platinum is considered, as it is generally thin, and makes the diamond more visible.
Then there is yet another form of diamond engagement rings, which is attractive as well as romantic. It is known as past, present future ring. These rings define love as eternal and something which was in the past will be in the present and will be there in the future. The ring actually consists of three stones of diamond. The design of the ring can be like a center piece of diamond with two pieces around, or the three pieces of diamond clustered together. Side stone diamond engagement rings are also one style of engagement rings, which is elegant. This type of engagement ring is basically attractive as well as elegant.
They go well for working women.
Then there are antique diamond rings. These are also called Victorian rings. The designs of these rings are just like what was prevalent in the past. These diamond rings also look well if they go with some other stones. And if you want to give something priceless and sentimental to your lover, then you can gift her ancestral ring. Ancestral ring is the ring of your family, coming down since past. This ring must have been worn by your mother and grandmother. These rings are high in sentimental value and thus are considered priceless. Bit if you do not have such a family ring, then there is nothing to be upset over. You can buy for your fiancé or your wife unique engagement rings; who knows, one day; this ring can becomes an ancestral ring for your family.
So, what are you waiting for? If you are planning to walk the aisle with hand in hand with your lover, then begin the process by gifting her a diamond engagement ring. After all, diamonds are a woman's best friend.