5 Tips on What To Look For When Buying Diamonds For Wedding Rings
A wedding, or an engagement in Hunters, is one of the most important events in every couple’s life. One of the best ways of making the experience memorable is by choosing the right ring to symbolize the love you have for one another. While most couples would like to get the most beautiful ring they can lay their hands on, budgetary restrictions can be a challenge. However, it is possible to find an ideal ring based on your budget.
For anyone looking for precious diamonds for engagement rings and wedding rings in Hunters, they should consider going about the process carefully. There are various dealers in the market, some of who may sell you fake diamonds. Here are a few useful tips on what to look for when looking for precious diamonds for engagement or wedding rings.
Consider the Diamond Cut
1. Any expert will tell you that the cut is the most important thing to consider when buying diamonds in Hunters. The main reason behind this is that the cut usually influences the sparkle. A diamond may be clear and feature a high quality color grade, but if the cut is poor, it may still appear dull. The dealer you buy from should be able to cut your diamond in the proper proportions. If your budget can allow it, choose a diamond with the highest cut grade.
2. Contrary to common belief, lack of color in your diamonds denotes a higher color grade. Some people go for pale yellow diamond, without knowing that it is low quality. To avoid such an experience, ask the diamond dealer to give you grade H or higher. Near colorless diamond ranges from grade G to J, but it may be quite expensive.
Clarity Diamonds can also be chosen based on their clarity levels.
3. This is usually not a very important factor to consider, considering that the precious stones usually come with imperfections, known as inclusions. These tiny imperfections may not be easy to detect, and they may only be seen through a microscope. However, the fewer there are, the higher the clarity grade of your diamonds. If your budget can be stretched further, consider buying grade VS1 grade or higher.
Consider the Diamond’s Carat Weight
4. Unlike common belief, carat does not mean the size of the diamond, but its actual weight. Carat and cut must be considered side by side, because no matter the size of the diamond, a poor cut grade can make your precious stones look smaller. Another important fact to keep in mind is that the more the weight of the diamond, the more you will pay for it. Therefore, you should consider going for a less heavy stone with a high grade cut.
Ask for Proof of Certification
5. There is nothing as unfortunate as buying diamonds for your special event only to realize that they are of poor quality, or that they were stolen. To avoid such an eventuality, always ask the dealer in Hunters to show you the copy of diamond certification.
With these tips, you should be able to make the right choice when buying precious diamonds in Hunters for you engagement or wedding.
Hunters How to Buy a Diamond And The 4 Biggest Mistakes When Buying a Diamond
For centuries, diamond has been used as an epitome of true love. It reflects love, affection, security, trust and a life long commitment. When you gift a diamond to a woman, let it be in the form of diamond engagement ring, you need not say the rest. It will make others understand that how much serious you are for her. It will portray your love in the best possible manner.
You can find a variety of diamond engagement rings at online jewelry stores. These diamond engagement rings come in many shapes and styles. It is apt to choose diamond as the stone for these engagement rings because diamond is considered beautiful and it is also the hardest of all substances present on the earth. This is primarily the reason why people consider it ominous and feel that wearing diamond can bring same kind of good luck in their lives. This has made diamond engagement ring, diamond solitaire ring, designer engagement ring, diamond engagement ring platinum, discount diamond engagement ring a pre determined gift for those involved in love.
Out of all rings, a ring with solitaire is considered the most appropriate symbol which can depict your love. The attraction with the solitaire is incomparable. Diamond solitaire rings are set in a prong setting with 4 to 8 claws. Prongs can mostly be seen in platinum, yet another very beautiful and attractive metal. In most of the cases platinum is considered, as it is generally thin, and makes the diamond more visible.
Then there is yet another form of diamond engagement rings, which is attractive as well as romantic. It is known as past, present future ring. These rings define love as eternal and something which was in the past will be in the present and will be there in the future. The ring actually consists of three stones of diamond. The design of the ring can be like a center piece of diamond with two pieces around, or the three pieces of diamond clustered together. Side stone diamond engagement rings are also one style of engagement rings, which is elegant. This type of engagement ring is basically attractive as well as elegant.
They go well for working women.
Then there are antique diamond rings. These are also called Victorian rings. The designs of these rings are just like what was prevalent in the past. These diamond rings also look well if they go with some other stones. And if you want to give something priceless and sentimental to your lover, then you can gift her ancestral ring. Ancestral ring is the ring of your family, coming down since past. This ring must have been worn by your mother and grandmother. These rings are high in sentimental value and thus are considered priceless. Bit if you do not have such a family ring, then there is nothing to be upset over. You can buy for your fiancé or your wife unique engagement rings; who knows, one day; this ring can becomes an ancestral ring for your family.
So, what are you waiting for? If you are planning to walk the aisle with hand in hand with your lover, then begin the process by gifting her a diamond engagement ring. After all, diamonds are a woman's best friend.
The Big 4 Cs For Loose Diamonds
Not all sellers give diamond grading laboratory reports (aka ruby high quality records) to their consumers. So my general suggestions to you is to keep your money in your pocket when handling such jewelry experts.
Just purchase a diamond involvement ring if it includes the initial diamond high quality report.
A lab record is an independent assessment of the 4Cs of a loose diamond and consists of an outlined diagram of the rock's clearness attributes as well as a graphic representation of the stone's proportions. Having such a record allows you to compare rubies of different high qualities and also inevitably helps you make a more informed acquiring choice.
A store might reduce edges and not supply a laboratory record or a dishonest vendor might give a phony one because of the moment, trouble and also cost he'll birth to obtaining a stone graded.
Yeah - there is a price for rating a diamond (though that price is at some point paid by the consumer), plus the shipping and also insurance coverage costs for sending the diamond to the lab. And let us not forget the opportunity price of a jewelry expert not having the ruby in his shop available for a couple of weeks while the grading occurs.
Nonetheless, a diamond rating record could additionally not be offered because the expenses to obtaining one might impact also greatly on the last rate of the ring. For example, a 0.3 ct ruby ring setting you back $250 state, could set you back around $75 to be rated and also have the record number engraved on the girdle on the diamond. As you browse for that ideal ruby engagement ring for your sweetheart, you'll locate that there is a hodgepodge of laboratories declaring to give trusted diamond rating records. But I would only put my cash on ...
The Premier Ruby Grading Lab News
Yes, all ruby top quality reports are not created equal. Within the sector, it is an agreement that the 2 top labs are GIA-GTL (Gemological Institute of The U.S.A.'s Treasure Trade Lab) as well as the AGS (American Treasure Society Laboratories).
The GCAL (Treasure Accreditation and Guarantee Lab) likewise uses extremely concerned records or "ruby certificates" as they are referred to by GCAL. The GIA has the best international credibility for self-reliance as well as consistency. As a result of their continuous color and quality strictness guidelines, the globe's largest and also most expensive diamonds have been sent out there for grading years. In 2006, GIA-GTL added a two-dimensional cut grading system for rounded dazzling rubies.
AGS uses the strictest cut requirements in the market. It utilizes a three-dimensional light efficiency metric that could grade numerous ruby shapes. As a matter of fact, it is the only cut grading system that is identified by the clinical neighborhood.
Just what is even more, its Diamond Quality Paper utilizes an unique and proprietary 0 to 10 grading system to evaluate the 4 Cs - a system which is much easier to understand compared to GIA's grading system. As a matter of fact, AGS even goes the extra step by relating their 0-10 score scale to various other kinds of ranking. For example, the traditional VS1 ruby quality ranking is a 3 on the AGS Ruby High Quality Document.
Ruby Reporting - The Drawbacks
1. Ruby grading is not standard or controlled and also therefore you might encounter rate 2 laboratories that utilize looser guidelines to the rate 1 grading laboratories discussed above. If you acquire a ruby that has been graded by a rate 2 lab, you may finish up paying more for a lower quality diamond. So for instance, a ruby ranked a "F" in shade at a rate 2 lab could get a G, H, or lower color ranking at a more reliable laboratory. The sector also marks down rubies graded by lesser recognized labs by regarding 15-30% or even more. So either you just buy a ruby graded by a tier 1 lab or you approve that you may be buying a minimal top quality ruby than what is stated on the record if that diamond is rated by a lesser known lab.
2. Several huge store have substantial contracts with minimal known labs with "softer" ruby grading guidelines. Some of these softer labs placed "suggested substitute values" on the lab reports - worths which are greater than exactly what shops means sell the diamonds for. So a sales representative in a chain shop might claim to you, "Take a look at the large amount you are getting right here. We are offering you this ruby interaction ring for $2500 but the record states that the recommended replacement worth is $4000." Wow - what a deal - NOT! This is why it is better that you trust just independent tier 1 laboratories.
Also keep in mind that credible diamond rating records are not appraisals and don't use assessment numbers. Diamond assessments are commonly grossly filled with air as well as are not something you'll want to depend on.
3. Diamond reports are filled with disclaimers that specify that absolutely nothing is "certified" or assured and also that the laboratories are not accountable for errors. In truth, the GIA supplies a please note of kinds on their internet site concerning the use of the word "license." The website claims:
"It is inaccurate to state that pupils, grads, their businesses, or particular gems are "certified" by GIA. The Gemological Institute of America does not accredit anyone or anything. Neither a student nor a grad who has actually been granted a certification or diploma, nor a gem which has been rated or determined by GIA has actually been certified by GIA".
So it is feasible that you the consumer is left holding the bag needs to an error in a record is later discovered. Courts have regularly ruled that vendors, not laboratories, are in charge of such errors. Why? Since the laboratories suggested in advance that their records couldn't be held accountable.
The good news is, there are a pair ways to provide yourself much more customer protection:
A. You could fly to India where jewelers use a lifetime buyback plan to their consumers. Also expensive to fly?
B. You can locate one of the 20% of US jewelers who sell fully bonded rubies. These are diamonds that are sold with life time breakage, life time trade-in and also life time buyback policies.
C. Not as great a treatment as buying a totally adhered diamond but you might acquire a ruby that includes an actual "certification" as well as not a report. "Certified rubies do have warranties" albeit for much shorter durations.
Accreditation Some sellers refer to a "diamond record" as a "certified diamond" yet practically this is not deal with. From a legal perspective, a ruby report is a just an expert opinion though in reality, elements of a diamond grading record are not simply point of views.
For instance, a diamond's carat weight (weight) can be accurately determined as well as its cut grade by gauging its optical efficiency or by describing a computer system design. A certification on the various other hand is a declaration of fact - a record for which the issuer approves legal responsibility and will make restitution to the consumer for mistakes.
Some leading ruby grading labs provide both reports and also certificates. AGS offers Diamond Quality Papers (non-certified reports) as well as Ruby Top quality Certificates. Ruby High quality Certifications are prepared exclusively for AGS retail jewelers and offers guaranties from participating American Treasure Society member shops.
GCAL licenses it's ruby grading likewise. Its 100% money-back warranty plan is valid for a duration of 2 years from the date on the relevant certification. This plan makes sure the accuracy of the cut, color and clarity grades and the carat weight.
A record or certification must will have a number on it that might or might not be engraved on a ruby. You will certainly have the ability to go into that number on the site of the certifying lab to check a report's credibility.
Aspects Of A Ruby Grading Report Ruby rating records are always advancing however specific component must stay the exact same. For example, the:
The Record #. This number is offered as well as taped in a lab's document and also may or might not be etched on a ruby's band. You could enter the report number on a grading lab's site to examine the authenticity of the diamond high quality record or to get more details about the ruby. Forming & Facet Style: This is the outline and the cutting style made use of for the aspect arrangement. There are 3 standard facet designs - "dazzling cut, step cut as well as combined reducing style" and 12 basic shapes which include notables such as rounded dazzling and also princess cut" diamonds.
Dimensions: This refers to size (not weight) of a ruby. Size includes dimensions such as size, width, weight as well as size. A measurement is normally detailed to the hundredth of a millimeter. Measurements play a huge function in just how a diamond shines.
Carat Weight: The weight of a diamond is measured to the hundredth of a carat weight and some even give such measure to the thousandth of a carat weight (1.123 ct.). Carat weight is one of the most objective and also the simplest to recognize of the 4Cs since all one needs to do is weight the stone. Color Grade: This informs you the level of color absence in the diamond. The much less color the greater the grade.
Diamonds are generally rated from D-Z; the closer to "D" the whiter the ruby. You ought to never see diamond color variety such as (G-H, I-J-K, and also so on) on a diamond record. You must only see shade varieties on assessments for rocks that are installed.
Clearness Quality: Virtually every ruby has internal imperfections called incorporations as well as external imperfections called acnes. A ruby is rated according to the size, type, location and also amount of these imperfections.
Quality qualities range from Perfect (FL) - Included. Labs utilize a couple professionals to quality the clearness of a ruby in order to generate an extra precise reading.
Cut Grade: More current diamond records consist of a cut quality for standard round brilliant diamonds. Cut takes into factor to consider the sparkle, fire as well as scintillation of the ruby. Cut grade varies from Superb - Poor.
Other components you could find on a diamond report include the polish, symmetry, fluorescence and also proportion. Armed with this information, you are better able to make an evaluation of the top quality of diamond that is installed in an interaction ring.