5 Tips on What To Look For When Buying Diamonds For Wedding Rings
A wedding, or an engagement in Wakefield, is one of the most important events in every couple’s life. One of the best ways of making the experience memorable is by choosing the right ring to symbolize the love you have for one another. While most couples would like to get the most beautiful ring they can lay their hands on, budgetary restrictions can be a challenge. However, it is possible to find an ideal ring based on your budget.
For anyone looking for precious diamonds for engagement rings and wedding rings in Wakefield, they should consider going about the process carefully. There are various dealers in the market, some of who may sell you fake diamonds. Here are a few useful tips on what to look for when looking for precious diamonds for engagement or wedding rings.
Consider the Diamond Cut
1. Any expert will tell you that the cut is the most important thing to consider when buying diamonds in Wakefield. The main reason behind this is that the cut usually influences the sparkle. A diamond may be clear and feature a high quality color grade, but if the cut is poor, it may still appear dull. The dealer you buy from should be able to cut your diamond in the proper proportions. If your budget can allow it, choose a diamond with the highest cut grade.
2. Contrary to common belief, lack of color in your diamonds denotes a higher color grade. Some people go for pale yellow diamond, without knowing that it is low quality. To avoid such an experience, ask the diamond dealer to give you grade H or higher. Near colorless diamond ranges from grade G to J, but it may be quite expensive.
Clarity Diamonds can also be chosen based on their clarity levels.
3. This is usually not a very important factor to consider, considering that the precious stones usually come with imperfections, known as inclusions. These tiny imperfections may not be easy to detect, and they may only be seen through a microscope. However, the fewer there are, the higher the clarity grade of your diamonds. If your budget can be stretched further, consider buying grade VS1 grade or higher.
Consider the Diamond’s Carat Weight
4. Unlike common belief, carat does not mean the size of the diamond, but its actual weight. Carat and cut must be considered side by side, because no matter the size of the diamond, a poor cut grade can make your precious stones look smaller. Another important fact to keep in mind is that the more the weight of the diamond, the more you will pay for it. Therefore, you should consider going for a less heavy stone with a high grade cut.
Ask for Proof of Certification
5. There is nothing as unfortunate as buying diamonds for your special event only to realize that they are of poor quality, or that they were stolen. To avoid such an eventuality, always ask the dealer in Wakefield to show you the copy of diamond certification.
With these tips, you should be able to make the right choice when buying precious diamonds in Wakefield for you engagement or wedding.
Wakefield How to Buy a Diamond And The 4 Biggest Mistakes When Buying a Diamond
For centuries, diamond has been used as an epitome of true love. It reflects love, affection, security, trust and a life long commitment. When you gift a diamond to a woman, let it be in the form of diamond engagement ring, you need not say the rest. It will make others understand that how much serious you are for her. It will portray your love in the best possible manner.
You can find a variety of diamond engagement rings at online jewelry stores. These diamond engagement rings come in many shapes and styles. It is apt to choose diamond as the stone for these engagement rings because diamond is considered beautiful and it is also the hardest of all substances present on the earth. This is primarily the reason why people consider it ominous and feel that wearing diamond can bring same kind of good luck in their lives. This has made diamond engagement ring, diamond solitaire ring, designer engagement ring, diamond engagement ring platinum, discount diamond engagement ring a pre determined gift for those involved in love.
Out of all rings, a ring with solitaire is considered the most appropriate symbol which can depict your love. The attraction with the solitaire is incomparable. Diamond solitaire rings are set in a prong setting with 4 to 8 claws. Prongs can mostly be seen in platinum, yet another very beautiful and attractive metal. In most of the cases platinum is considered, as it is generally thin, and makes the diamond more visible.
Then there is yet another form of diamond engagement rings, which is attractive as well as romantic. It is known as past, present future ring. These rings define love as eternal and something which was in the past will be in the present and will be there in the future. The ring actually consists of three stones of diamond. The design of the ring can be like a center piece of diamond with two pieces around, or the three pieces of diamond clustered together. Side stone diamond engagement rings are also one style of engagement rings, which is elegant. This type of engagement ring is basically attractive as well as elegant.
They go well for working women.
Then there are antique diamond rings. These are also called Victorian rings. The designs of these rings are just like what was prevalent in the past. These diamond rings also look well if they go with some other stones. And if you want to give something priceless and sentimental to your lover, then you can gift her ancestral ring. Ancestral ring is the ring of your family, coming down since past. This ring must have been worn by your mother and grandmother. These rings are high in sentimental value and thus are considered priceless. Bit if you do not have such a family ring, then there is nothing to be upset over. You can buy for your fiancé or your wife unique engagement rings; who knows, one day; this ring can becomes an ancestral ring for your family.
So, what are you waiting for? If you are planning to walk the aisle with hand in hand with your lover, then begin the process by gifting her a diamond engagement ring. After all, diamonds are a woman's best friend.
Clarity Boosted Diamonds - Some Things You Required to Know!
Not all vendors give ruby grading lab reports (aka ruby quality records) to their customers. So my basic recommendations to you is to maintain your loan in your pocket when taking care of such jewelers.
Only acquire a ruby engagement ring if it comes with the initial ruby top quality report.
A laboratory report is an independent examination of the 4Cs of a loosened diamond and consists of an outlined representation of the stone's clearness characteristics and a visuals depiction of the stone's proportions. Having such a report allows you to contrast rubies of various high qualities and ultimately aids you make a more notified acquiring decision.
A retailer could cut corners and also not offer a laboratory record or an underhanded seller may give a fake one as a result of the time, trouble as well as cost he'll bear to obtaining a rock graded.
Yeah - there is a price for rating a ruby (though that price is eventually paid by the consumer), plus the shipping and insurance coverage fees for sending out the diamond to the laboratory. As well as let us not neglect the possibility cost of a jewelry expert not having the diamond in his store up for sale for a few weeks while the grading happens.
However, a ruby grading report could also not be available due to the fact that the costs to obtaining one could affect too greatly on the final cost of the ring. For instance, a 0.3 ct diamond ring costing $250 state, might set you back around $75 to be rated and also have the report number inscribed on the girdle on the ruby. As you look for that optimal diamond involvement ring for your sweetie, you'll locate that there is an alphabet soup of laboratories asserting to supply trustworthy diamond grading reports. However I would only place my loan on ...
The Premier Diamond Grading Laboratory Reports
Yes, all ruby top quality records are not created equal. Within the market, it is a consensus that both leading laboratories are GIA-GTL (Gemological Institute of The U.S.A.'s Treasure Profession Laboratory) and the AGS (American Treasure Society Laboratories).
The GCAL (Gem Accreditation and Guarantee Laboratory) additionally provides highly related to reports or "diamond certificates" as they are referred to by GCAL. The GIA has the toughest worldwide track record for independence and also uniformity. As a result of their continuous color and clarity strictness guidelines, the world's largest and also most expensive rubies have been sent there for rating decades. In 2006, GIA-GTL added a two-dimensional cut grading system for round fantastic rubies.
AGS uses the most strict cut requirements in the sector. It utilizes a three-dimensional light efficiency metric that could quality numerous ruby forms. As a matter of fact, it is the only cut grading system that is recognized by the clinical community.
Exactly what is even more, its Ruby Quality Record makes use of a distinct and exclusive 0 to 10 grading system to review the 4 Cs - a system which is less complicated to comprehend than GIA's grading system. As a matter of fact, AGS even goes the additional step by corresponding their 0-10 rating scale to various other forms of rating. For example, the conventional VS1 diamond clarity ranking is a 3 on the AGS Diamond Quality Record.
Diamond Reporting - The Drawbacks
1. Ruby grading is not standard or controlled and also therefore you may discover rate 2 laboratories that employ looser standards to the tier 1 grading labs stated over. If you get a diamond that has been rated by a tier 2 laboratory, you may wind up paying a lot more for a lower top quality ruby. So for instance, a ruby ranked a "F" in shade at a rate 2 laboratory may obtain a G, H, or reduced shade ranking at a more reputable lab. The sector additionally marks down rubies rated by lesser known laboratories by about 15-30% or more. So either you just get a ruby graded by a rate 1 laboratory or you accept that you may be buying a lower top quality diamond than exactly what is mentioned on the record if that diamond is graded by a lesser recognized lab.
2. Several large store have huge agreements with lesser recognized labs with "softer" ruby grading standards. Some of these softer laboratories placed "suggested replacement worths" on the lab records - values which are above what stores intends market the diamonds for. So a sales representative in a store could say to you, "Look at the fantastic bargain you are obtaining here. We are selling you this diamond engagement ring for $2500 yet the report claims that the suggested replacement worth is $4000." Wow - just what a deal - NOT! This is why it is better that you rely on just independent rate 1 labs.
Additionally remember that reliable diamond rating records are not appraisals and also do not supply assessment figures. Ruby assessments are frequently grossly filled with air and are not something you'll desire to rely upon.
3. Ruby reports are riddled with please notes that specify that nothing is "certified" or ensured which the labs are not liable for errors. Actually, the GIA uses a please note of types on their website pertaining to making use of words "license." The site claims:
"It is incorrect to state that students, grads, their services, or particular gems are "certified" by GIA. The Gemological Institute of America does not accredit anyone or anything. Neither a trainee nor a graduate who has actually been granted a certification or diploma, nor a gem which has been rated or determined by GIA has actually been accredited by GIA".
So it is possible that you the customer is left holding the bag ought to an inaccuracy in a record is later discovered. Courts have often ruled that sellers, not labs, are responsible for such errors. Why? Because the laboratories indicated in advance that their reports couldn't be held responsible.
Thankfully, there are a couple ways to give yourself much more customer defense:
A. You might fly to India where jewelry experts provide a life time buyback plan to their clients. Also expensive to fly?
B. You might locate among the 20% people jewelers who sell totally bonded rubies. These are diamonds that are offered with life time breakage, lifetime trade-in and also life time buyback policies.
C. Not as good a treatment as purchasing a totally bonded diamond however you could get a diamond that comes with a real "certificate" and not a record. "Certified diamonds do have guaranties" albeit for shorter durations.
Qualification Some sellers describe a "diamond record" as a "qualified ruby" but practically this is not fix. From a lawful viewpoint, a ruby report is a just an experienced point of view though in reality, facets of a ruby rating record are not simply opinions.
As an example, a diamond's carat weight (weight) could be properly established along with its cut grade by determining its optical efficiency or by describing a computer system design. A certification on the other hand is a statement of reality - a document for which the company approves lawful responsibility and will certainly make restitution to the consumer for mistakes.
Some leading ruby grading laboratories use both reports and certifications. AGS provides Diamond Quality Records (non-certified reports) as well as Diamond High quality Certificates. Ruby Quality Certifications are prepared specifically for AGS retail jewelers as well as offers guaranties from participating American Gem Society participant stores.
GCAL licenses it's diamond grading additionally. Its 100% money-back warranty policy is legitimate for a duration of 2 years from the date on the suitable certificate. This plan guarantees the precision of the cut, color and also clarity grades and also the carat weight.
A record or certificate ought to will have a number on it that could or might not be engraved on a ruby. You will be able to get in that number on the web site of the licensing laboratory to check a report's legitimacy.
Components Of A Ruby Grading Report Diamond grading records are constantly progressing but particular aspect should continue to be the exact same. As an example, the:
The Record #. This number is provided and also videotaped in a lab's document and also may or may not be engraved on a ruby's band. You could enter the record number on a grading lab's web site to inspect the credibility of the ruby high quality report or to obtain even more details about the ruby. Forming & Element Design: This is the overview and the cutting style made use of for the facet plan. There are 3 fundamental element styles - "fantastic cut, step cut as well as combined reducing style" as well as 12 fundamental shapes which include notables such as rounded dazzling and also princess cut" rubies.
Dimensions: This refers to size (not weight) of a ruby. Size includes dimensions such as length, width, weight and size. A dimension is generally detailed to the hundredth of a millimeter. Measurements play a big duty in just how a diamond sparkles.
Carat Weight: The weight of a diamond is gauged to the hundredth of a carat weight as well as some even supply such procedure to the thousandth of a carat weight (1.123 ct.). Carat is one of the most unbiased and the most convenient to understand of the 4Cs due to the fact that all one needs to do is weight the rock. Color Quality: This informs you the level of shade absence in the diamond. The less shade the higher the quality.
Diamonds are usually graded from D-Z; the closer to "D" the whiter the ruby. You ought to never ever see diamond shade variety such as (G-H, I-J-K, and also so on) on a ruby report. You ought to just see shade ranges on evaluations for rocks that are placed.
Clearness Quality: Virtually every ruby has actually interior blemishes called additions and outside blemishes called imperfections. A diamond is rated inning accordance with the dimension, kind, location and also quantity of these flaws.
Clarity grades vary from Perfect (FL) - Consisted Of. Labs utilize a pair experts to quality the clarity of a diamond in order to generate an extra accurate reading.
Cut Grade: More current diamond records include a cut quality for basic round brilliant diamonds. Cut thinks about the luster, fire and scintillation of the ruby. Cut quality ranges from Outstanding - Poor.
Various other components you might find on a diamond record consist of the polish, proportion, fluorescence as well as proportion. Armed with this information, you are much better able to make an evaluation of the quality of diamond that is installed in an interaction ring.