5 Tips on What To Look For When Buying Diamonds For Wedding Rings
A wedding, or an engagement in Homewood, is one of the most important events in every couple’s life. One of the best ways of making the experience memorable is by choosing the right ring to symbolize the love you have for one another. While most couples would like to get the most beautiful ring they can lay their hands on, budgetary restrictions can be a challenge. However, it is possible to find an ideal ring based on your budget.
For anyone looking for precious diamonds for engagement rings and wedding rings in Homewood, they should consider going about the process carefully. There are various dealers in the market, some of who may sell you fake diamonds. Here are a few useful tips on what to look for when looking for precious diamonds for engagement or wedding rings.
Consider the Diamond Cut
1. Any expert will tell you that the cut is the most important thing to consider when buying diamonds in Homewood. The main reason behind this is that the cut usually influences the sparkle. A diamond may be clear and feature a high quality color grade, but if the cut is poor, it may still appear dull. The dealer you buy from should be able to cut your diamond in the proper proportions. If your budget can allow it, choose a diamond with the highest cut grade.
2. Contrary to common belief, lack of color in your diamonds denotes a higher color grade. Some people go for pale yellow diamond, without knowing that it is low quality. To avoid such an experience, ask the diamond dealer to give you grade H or higher. Near colorless diamond ranges from grade G to J, but it may be quite expensive.
Clarity Diamonds can also be chosen based on their clarity levels.
3. This is usually not a very important factor to consider, considering that the precious stones usually come with imperfections, known as inclusions. These tiny imperfections may not be easy to detect, and they may only be seen through a microscope. However, the fewer there are, the higher the clarity grade of your diamonds. If your budget can be stretched further, consider buying grade VS1 grade or higher.
Consider the Diamond’s Carat Weight
4. Unlike common belief, carat does not mean the size of the diamond, but its actual weight. Carat and cut must be considered side by side, because no matter the size of the diamond, a poor cut grade can make your precious stones look smaller. Another important fact to keep in mind is that the more the weight of the diamond, the more you will pay for it. Therefore, you should consider going for a less heavy stone with a high grade cut.
Ask for Proof of Certification
5. There is nothing as unfortunate as buying diamonds for your special event only to realize that they are of poor quality, or that they were stolen. To avoid such an eventuality, always ask the dealer in Homewood to show you the copy of diamond certification.
With these tips, you should be able to make the right choice when buying precious diamonds in Homewood for you engagement or wedding.
Homewood How to Buy a Diamond And The 4 Biggest Mistakes When Buying a Diamond
For centuries, diamond has been used as an epitome of true love. It reflects love, affection, security, trust and a life long commitment. When you gift a diamond to a woman, let it be in the form of diamond engagement ring, you need not say the rest. It will make others understand that how much serious you are for her. It will portray your love in the best possible manner.
You can find a variety of diamond engagement rings at online jewelry stores. These diamond engagement rings come in many shapes and styles. It is apt to choose diamond as the stone for these engagement rings because diamond is considered beautiful and it is also the hardest of all substances present on the earth. This is primarily the reason why people consider it ominous and feel that wearing diamond can bring same kind of good luck in their lives. This has made diamond engagement ring, diamond solitaire ring, designer engagement ring, diamond engagement ring platinum, discount diamond engagement ring a pre determined gift for those involved in love.
Out of all rings, a ring with solitaire is considered the most appropriate symbol which can depict your love. The attraction with the solitaire is incomparable. Diamond solitaire rings are set in a prong setting with 4 to 8 claws. Prongs can mostly be seen in platinum, yet another very beautiful and attractive metal. In most of the cases platinum is considered, as it is generally thin, and makes the diamond more visible.
Then there is yet another form of diamond engagement rings, which is attractive as well as romantic. It is known as past, present future ring. These rings define love as eternal and something which was in the past will be in the present and will be there in the future. The ring actually consists of three stones of diamond. The design of the ring can be like a center piece of diamond with two pieces around, or the three pieces of diamond clustered together. Side stone diamond engagement rings are also one style of engagement rings, which is elegant. This type of engagement ring is basically attractive as well as elegant.
They go well for working women.
Then there are antique diamond rings. These are also called Victorian rings. The designs of these rings are just like what was prevalent in the past. These diamond rings also look well if they go with some other stones. And if you want to give something priceless and sentimental to your lover, then you can gift her ancestral ring. Ancestral ring is the ring of your family, coming down since past. This ring must have been worn by your mother and grandmother. These rings are high in sentimental value and thus are considered priceless. Bit if you do not have such a family ring, then there is nothing to be upset over. You can buy for your fiancé or your wife unique engagement rings; who knows, one day; this ring can becomes an ancestral ring for your family.
So, what are you waiting for? If you are planning to walk the aisle with hand in hand with your lover, then begin the process by gifting her a diamond engagement ring. After all, diamonds are a woman's best friend.
Grading Rubies in the Harsh!
Not all sellers supply ruby grading laboratory reports (aka ruby quality records) to their customers. So my basic recommendations to you is to keep your cash in your pocket when handling such jewelers.
Only buy a ruby engagement ring if it features the initial ruby quality report.
A lab report is an independent analysis of the 4Cs of a loose diamond and includes an outlined layout of the rock's clearness attributes as well as a visuals depiction of the stone's proportions. Having such a record allows you to compare diamonds of various high qualities and also eventually assists you make an even more educated acquiring choice.
A retailer might cut corners as well as not supply a laboratory report or an underhanded seller may give a phony one because of the moment, problem and cost he'll bear to getting a stone rated.
Yeah - there is a price for grading a ruby (though that price is ultimately paid by the consumer), plus the shipping and also insurance charges for sending the ruby to the lab. And also let us not neglect the opportunity expense of a jeweler not having the diamond in his store to buy for a few weeks while the grading happens.
Nonetheless, a ruby grading record might also not be available since the prices to obtaining one could affect as well greatly on the last rate of the ring. For example, a 0.3 ct ruby ring setting you back $250 claim, could cost around $75 to be rated and have the report number etched on the girdle on the ruby. As you look for that perfect ruby interaction ring for your sweetie, you'll discover that there is a hodgepodge of laboratories asserting to provide trustworthy ruby rating records. But I would only put my loan on ...
The Premier Diamond Grading Lab News
Yes, all ruby high quality reports are not created equivalent. Within the industry, it is a consensus that the two premier labs are GIA-GTL (Gemological Institute of The U.S.A.'s Treasure Trade Lab) and also the AGS (American Treasure Society Laboratories).
The GCAL (Gem Accreditation and Guarantee Laboratory) also offers highly pertained to reports or "ruby certificates" as they are referred to by GCAL. The GIA has the greatest international online reputation for freedom as well as uniformity. As a result of their constant shade and also clarity strictness guidelines, the globe's largest and also most expensive diamonds have been sent there for rating years. In 2006, GIA-GTL included a two-dimensional cut grading system for rounded dazzling rubies.
AGS makes use of the most strict cut criteria in the industry. It uses a three-dimensional light performance metric that could grade numerous diamond forms. Actually, it is the only cut grading system that is acknowledged by the scientific community.
Just what is more, its Diamond Quality File uses an unique and also proprietary 0 to 10 grading system to examine the 4 Cs - a system which is easier to comprehend compared to GIA's grading system. Actually, AGS also goes the extra action by corresponding their 0-10 ranking scale to other kinds of score. As an example, the traditional VS1 ruby clarity rating is a 3 on the AGS Ruby High Quality Document.
Diamond Reporting - The Drawbacks
1. Diamond grading is not standard or regulated as well as for this reason you might come throughout rate 2 labs that utilize looser guidelines to the tier 1 grading laboratories pointed out above. If you purchase a ruby that has actually been rated by a rate 2 laboratory, you may wind up paying much more for a lower quality diamond. So for example, a ruby ranked a "F" in shade at a rate 2 laboratory might get a G, H, or lower color score at a more trusted laboratory. The market also marks down diamonds rated by lower well-known laboratories by regarding 15-30% or even more. So either you only buy a ruby graded by a rate 1 lab or you accept that you may be purchasing a lower top quality ruby than what is stated on the report if that diamond is graded by a lesser known lab.
2. Many big store have massive contracts with lower well-known laboratories with "softer" ruby grading standards. Some of these softer labs put "suggested replacement values" on the laboratory records - values which are greater than exactly what shops means sell the diamonds for. So a salesperson in a chain shop could state to you, "Look at the good deal you are obtaining right here. We are marketing you this diamond engagement ring for $2500 however the record says that the suggested substitute value is $4000." Wow - exactly what a deal - NOT! This is why it is much better that you trust only independent tier 1 labs.
Likewise bear in mind that credible ruby grading records are not evaluations as well as don't provide evaluation numbers. Diamond evaluations are usually blatantly inflated as well as are not something you'll want to count on.
3. Ruby reports are riddled with disclaimers that specify that absolutely nothing is "licensed" or assured which the labs are not responsible for mistakes. In truth, the GIA uses a disclaimer of types on their web site pertaining to the use of the word "accredit." The website claims:
"It is inaccurate to state that pupils, grads, their services, or certain gems are "certified" by GIA. The Gemological Institute of America does not license any person or anything. Neither a pupil nor a grad that has actually been awarded a certificate or diploma, nor a treasure which has actually been rated or determined by GIA has been certified by GIA".
So it is feasible that you the customer is left holding the bag should a mistake in a record is later discovered. Courts have actually regularly ruled that vendors, not labs, are responsible for such errors. Why? Because the laboratories showed ahead of time that their records couldn't be held liable.
The good news is, there are a couple means to provide yourself much more customer defense:
A. You can fly to India where jewelers supply a lifetime buyback policy to their customers. As well costly to fly?
B. You can locate one of the 20% people jewelry experts that sell totally bound rubies. These are diamonds that are offered with life time damage, life time trade-in and life time buyback policies.
C. Not as good a treatment as acquiring a completely bonded ruby but you can get a diamond that includes an actual "certificate" and also not a record. "Licensed rubies do include guaranties" albeit for shorter periods.
Accreditation Some sellers describe a "ruby report" as a "licensed ruby" yet practically this is not fix. From a lawful viewpoint, a ruby report is a simply a professional opinion though in actuality, facets of a diamond rating record are not simply point of views.
For example, a ruby's carat weight (weight) could be accurately figured out along with its cut quality by determining its optical performance or by describing a computer design. A certification on the various other hand is a statement of reality - a paper for which the provider accepts legal obligation as well as will make restitution to the customer for mistakes.
Some top diamond grading laboratories supply both reports as well as certifications. AGS provides Ruby Top quality Files (non-certified reports) and Ruby Quality Certificates. Ruby Top quality Certifications are prepared exclusively for AGS retail jewelers as well as supplies warranties from getting involved American Treasure Culture participant stores.
GCAL licenses it's diamond grading additionally. Its 100% money-back warranty plan stands for a duration of 2 years from the date on the suitable certificate. This plan makes certain the accuracy of the cut, color and clarity qualities and the carat weight.
A report or certification ought to will have a number on it that may or may not be inscribed on a ruby. You will certainly have the ability to go into that number on the internet site of the certifying lab to check a report's legitimacy.
Components Of A Diamond Grading Record Ruby rating reports are constantly progressing however particular component ought to stay the same. As an example, the:
The Record #. This number is provided and also videotaped in a laboratory's document and also might or might not be engraved on a diamond's band. You can get in the report number on a grading laboratory's website to examine the authenticity of the diamond quality record or to get more info concerning the ruby. Shape & Element Style: This is the summary and the reducing design utilized for the element setup. There are 3 fundamental aspect styles - "brilliant cut, step cut as well as blended cutting style" as well as 12 fundamental forms that include notables such as round great and also princess cut" diamonds.
Dimensions: This describes dimension (not weight) of a diamond. Size includes dimensions such as length, size, weight as well as size. A measurement is usually noted to the hundredth of a millimeter. Measurements play a significant duty in how a ruby sparkles.
Carat Weight: The weight of a ruby is determined to the hundredth of a carat weight and also some even give such action to the thousandth of a carat (1.123 ct.). Carat is one of the most objective and the simplest to comprehend of the 4Cs because all one needs to do is weight the rock. Color Grade: This informs you the degree of color absence in the diamond. The less shade the higher the quality.
Rubies are commonly graded from D-Z; the closer to "D" the whiter the diamond. You must never see ruby color variety such as (G-H, I-J-K, and so forth) on a ruby report. You must only see color ranges on appraisals for stones that are installed.
Clarity Quality: Basically every diamond has actually internal blemishes called incorporations as well as external blemishes called acnes. A diamond is graded inning accordance with the dimension, type, place and also quantity of these imperfections.
Clarity qualities range from Flawless (FL) - Included. Labs make use of a pair specialists to grade the clarity of a diamond in order to generate a more accurate analysis.
Cut Quality: A lot more current diamond reports consist of a cut grade for basic round brilliant rubies. Cut thinks about the sparkle, fire and also scintillation of the diamond. Cut grade ranges from Superb - Poor.
Other aspects you might encounter on a ruby report include the gloss, balance, fluorescence and percentage. Equipped with this details, you are better able to make an evaluation of the quality of diamond that is placed in an involvement ring.