5 Tips on What To Look For When Buying Diamonds For Wedding Rings
A wedding, or an engagement in Homewood, is one of the most important events in every couple’s life. One of the best ways of making the experience memorable is by choosing the right ring to symbolize the love you have for one another. While most couples would like to get the most beautiful ring they can lay their hands on, budgetary restrictions can be a challenge. However, it is possible to find an ideal ring based on your budget.
For anyone looking for precious diamonds for engagement rings and wedding rings in Homewood, they should consider going about the process carefully. There are various dealers in the market, some of who may sell you fake diamonds. Here are a few useful tips on what to look for when looking for precious diamonds for engagement or wedding rings.
Consider the Diamond Cut
1. Any expert will tell you that the cut is the most important thing to consider when buying diamonds in Homewood. The main reason behind this is that the cut usually influences the sparkle. A diamond may be clear and feature a high quality color grade, but if the cut is poor, it may still appear dull. The dealer you buy from should be able to cut your diamond in the proper proportions. If your budget can allow it, choose a diamond with the highest cut grade.
2. Contrary to common belief, lack of color in your diamonds denotes a higher color grade. Some people go for pale yellow diamond, without knowing that it is low quality. To avoid such an experience, ask the diamond dealer to give you grade H or higher. Near colorless diamond ranges from grade G to J, but it may be quite expensive.
Clarity Diamonds can also be chosen based on their clarity levels.
3. This is usually not a very important factor to consider, considering that the precious stones usually come with imperfections, known as inclusions. These tiny imperfections may not be easy to detect, and they may only be seen through a microscope. However, the fewer there are, the higher the clarity grade of your diamonds. If your budget can be stretched further, consider buying grade VS1 grade or higher.
Consider the Diamond’s Carat Weight
4. Unlike common belief, carat does not mean the size of the diamond, but its actual weight. Carat and cut must be considered side by side, because no matter the size of the diamond, a poor cut grade can make your precious stones look smaller. Another important fact to keep in mind is that the more the weight of the diamond, the more you will pay for it. Therefore, you should consider going for a less heavy stone with a high grade cut.
Ask for Proof of Certification
5. There is nothing as unfortunate as buying diamonds for your special event only to realize that they are of poor quality, or that they were stolen. To avoid such an eventuality, always ask the dealer in Homewood to show you the copy of diamond certification.
With these tips, you should be able to make the right choice when buying precious diamonds in Homewood for you engagement or wedding.
Homewood How to Buy a Diamond And The 4 Biggest Mistakes When Buying a Diamond
For centuries, diamond has been used as an epitome of true love. It reflects love, affection, security, trust and a life long commitment. When you gift a diamond to a woman, let it be in the form of diamond engagement ring, you need not say the rest. It will make others understand that how much serious you are for her. It will portray your love in the best possible manner.
You can find a variety of diamond engagement rings at online jewelry stores. These diamond engagement rings come in many shapes and styles. It is apt to choose diamond as the stone for these engagement rings because diamond is considered beautiful and it is also the hardest of all substances present on the earth. This is primarily the reason why people consider it ominous and feel that wearing diamond can bring same kind of good luck in their lives. This has made diamond engagement ring, diamond solitaire ring, designer engagement ring, diamond engagement ring platinum, discount diamond engagement ring a pre determined gift for those involved in love.
Out of all rings, a ring with solitaire is considered the most appropriate symbol which can depict your love. The attraction with the solitaire is incomparable. Diamond solitaire rings are set in a prong setting with 4 to 8 claws. Prongs can mostly be seen in platinum, yet another very beautiful and attractive metal. In most of the cases platinum is considered, as it is generally thin, and makes the diamond more visible.
Then there is yet another form of diamond engagement rings, which is attractive as well as romantic. It is known as past, present future ring. These rings define love as eternal and something which was in the past will be in the present and will be there in the future. The ring actually consists of three stones of diamond. The design of the ring can be like a center piece of diamond with two pieces around, or the three pieces of diamond clustered together. Side stone diamond engagement rings are also one style of engagement rings, which is elegant. This type of engagement ring is basically attractive as well as elegant.
They go well for working women.
Then there are antique diamond rings. These are also called Victorian rings. The designs of these rings are just like what was prevalent in the past. These diamond rings also look well if they go with some other stones. And if you want to give something priceless and sentimental to your lover, then you can gift her ancestral ring. Ancestral ring is the ring of your family, coming down since past. This ring must have been worn by your mother and grandmother. These rings are high in sentimental value and thus are considered priceless. Bit if you do not have such a family ring, then there is nothing to be upset over. You can buy for your fiancé or your wife unique engagement rings; who knows, one day; this ring can becomes an ancestral ring for your family.
So, what are you waiting for? If you are planning to walk the aisle with hand in hand with your lover, then begin the process by gifting her a diamond engagement ring. After all, diamonds are a woman's best friend.
Acquiring Diamonds Online - Is This Online Jewelry Expert Right For You?
Not all sellers give ruby grading lab records (aka diamond top quality records) to their customers. So my general suggestions to you is to maintain your money in your pocket when taking care of such jewelers.
Only buy a ruby interaction ring if it includes the initial diamond top quality record.
A laboratory record is an independent evaluation of the 4Cs of a loosened ruby as well as includes an outlined diagram of the rock's clarity qualities as well as a graphic depiction of the rock's percentages. Having such a report permits you to compare diamonds of different top qualities and eventually assists you make an even more informed acquiring choice.
A seller may cut corners as well as not provide a lab record or a deceitful vendor might give a phony one due to the time, difficulty as well as cost he'll bear to obtaining a stone rated.
Yeah - there is a price for grading a ruby (though that expense is eventually paid by the customer), plus the shipping as well as insurance coverage costs for sending out the ruby to the laboratory. As well as allow us not forget the opportunity cost of a jeweler not having the diamond in his store up for sale for a couple of weeks while the grading happens.
Nonetheless, a ruby rating record might additionally not be readily available because the costs to obtaining one may impact as well greatly on the last cost of the ring. As an example, a 0.3 ct ruby ring setting you back $250 say, may cost around $75 to be graded as well as have the report number engraved on the girdle on the diamond. As you look for that suitable diamond interaction ring for your sweetie, you'll find that there is a hodgepodge of labs declaring to give trusted ruby grading reports. Yet I would only put my money on ...
The Premier Ruby Grading Lab News
Yes, all diamond top quality reports are not produced equivalent. Within the industry, it is an agreement that the 2 premier laboratories are GIA-GTL (Gemological Institute of America's Treasure Trade Lab) as well as the AGS (American Treasure Culture Laboratories).
The GCAL (Treasure Accreditation and also Assurance Lab) also provides extremely related to reports or "ruby certifications" as they are referred to by GCAL. The GIA has the toughest global reputation for freedom as well as consistency. As a result of their constant shade and clarity strictness standards, the globe's largest as well as most expensive rubies have been sent out there for rating decades. In 2006, GIA-GTL added a two-dimensional cut grading system for rounded great diamonds.
AGS makes use of the most strict cut standards in the industry. It utilizes a three-dimensional light efficiency metric that can grade several ruby shapes. Actually, it is the only cut grading system that is recognized by the clinical area.
Just what is more, its Diamond Quality Record utilizes an unique and also proprietary 0 to 10 grading system to assess the 4 Cs - a system which is much easier to comprehend than GIA's grading system. In truth, AGS also goes the added step by corresponding their 0-10 score range to various other forms of score. As an example, the conventional VS1 ruby quality ranking is a 3 on the AGS Ruby High Quality Document.
Ruby Reporting - The Drawbacks
1. Ruby grading is not standardized or controlled and also thus you may find rate 2 laboratories that employ looser standards to the rate 1 grading laboratories discussed above. If you purchase a diamond that has been rated by a rate 2 lab, you may wind up paying more for a lesser quality ruby. So as an example, a diamond ranked a "F" in color at a rate 2 lab may obtain a G, H, or lower shade ranking at an extra trustworthy laboratory. The market also marks down rubies rated by lower well-known labs by regarding 15-30% or even more. So either you only buy a ruby rated by a rate 1 laboratory or you approve that you may be acquiring a lower top quality ruby than just what is mentioned on the report if that ruby is graded by a minimal well-known lab.
2. Lots of big store have big agreements with lesser known laboratories with "softer" diamond grading standards. A few of these softer laboratories put "recommended replacement worths" on the laboratory reports - values which are greater than what shops plans offer the diamonds for. So a sales representative in a store could state to you, "Consider the lot you are obtaining here. We are offering you this ruby engagement ring for $2500 but the report states that the suggested substitute value is $4000." Wow - exactly what a bargain - NOT! This is why it is better that you trust only independent tier 1 laboratories.
Additionally keep in mind that reputable ruby grading reports are not evaluations and also do not use evaluation numbers. Diamond evaluations are typically grossly filled with air and are not something you'll want to rely on.
3. Diamond reports are filled with disclaimers that specify that nothing is "accredited" or ensured and also that the labs are not responsible for errors. As a matter of fact, the GIA supplies a please note of sorts on their website relating to the use of words "accredit." The site states:
"It is inaccurate to state that pupils, graduates, their organisations, or certain gems are "licensed" by GIA. The Gemological Institute of America does not certify anybody or anything. Neither a student neither a grad who has actually been granted a certification or diploma, nor a treasure which has been graded or identified by GIA has actually been licensed by GIA".
So it is feasible that you the consumer is left holding the bag ought to a mistake in a report is later on discovered. Courts have often ruled that sellers, not labs, are accountable for such mistakes. Why? Due to the fact that the laboratories indicated in advance that their records could not be held accountable.
Luckily, there are a couple means to offer yourself much more purchaser protection:
A. You can fly to India where jewelry experts provide a life time buyback plan to their consumers. As well pricey to fly?
B. You could discover among the 20% of US jewelry experts who market completely bound rubies. These are rubies that are marketed with life time breakage, life time trade-in as well as life time buyback policies.
C. Not as good a solution as buying a fully bound ruby yet you could acquire a diamond that includes a real "certificate" as well as not a record. "Qualified diamonds do come with guaranties" albeit for shorter durations.
Certification Some sellers describe a "diamond report" as a "qualified ruby" but technically this is not fix. From a lawful viewpoint, a diamond report is a just a skilled point of view though in actuality, facets of a ruby grading record are not simply viewpoints.
For instance, a ruby's carat weight (weight) could be accurately determined as well as its cut grade by gauging its optical performance or by referring to a computer system model. A certification on the various other hand is a declaration of truth - a document for which the issuer approves lawful obligation and will make restitution to the consumer for mistakes.
Some leading ruby grading laboratories provide both records and also certificates. AGS offers Diamond Top quality Files (non-certified records) as well as Ruby Quality Certificates. Ruby High quality Certifications are ready exclusively for AGS retail jewelers as well as provides warranties from taking part American Treasure Culture member stores.
GCAL licenses it's ruby grading additionally. Its 100% money-back guarantee plan stands for a period of two years from the date on the applicable certification. This policy ensures the precision of the cut, color and clearness qualities and the carat weight.
A report or certification must will certainly have a number on it that could or may not be engraved on a diamond. You will certainly have the ability to get in that number on the website of the certifying laboratory to check a record's validity.
Aspects Of A Ruby Grading Report Diamond grading reports are constantly developing but certain component ought to continue to be the same. As an example, the:
The Record #. This number is offered and videotaped in a laboratory's record as well as may or might not be engraved on a diamond's girdle. You can enter the record number on a grading lab's internet site to check the credibility of the ruby quality report or to obtain more details about the diamond. Forming & Facet Design: This is the synopsis as well as the cutting style used for the facet plan. There are 3 basic element styles - "great cut, action cut and also mixed reducing style" as well as 12 basic shapes which consist of notables such as round dazzling and also princess cut" rubies.
Measurements: This refers to dimension (not weight) of a ruby. Dimension consists of measurements such as length, width, weight and size. A measurement is usually listed to the hundredth of a millimeter. Dimensions play a massive function in just how a diamond glows.
Carat Weight: The weight of a ruby is determined to the hundredth of a carat and some also offer such measure to the thousandth of a carat (1.123 ct.). Carat weight is the most unbiased and also the easiest to understand of the 4Cs since all one needs to do is weight the stone. Color Grade: This tells you the level of shade absence in the diamond. The much less color the higher the grade.
Diamonds are commonly rated from D-Z; the closer to "D" the whiter the diamond. You must never ever see ruby shade variety such as (G-H, I-J-K, and so forth) on a ruby record. You must only see color arrays on evaluations for rocks that are mounted.
Clearness Quality: Essentially every diamond has internal flaws called additions as well as outside imperfections called acnes. A diamond is rated inning accordance with the size, kind, place and amount of these imperfections.
Clarity grades vary from Remarkable (FL) - Consisted Of. Labs use a pair experts to grade the clearness of a ruby in order to think of a more exact reading.
Cut Quality: Much more current diamond records consist of a cut grade for basic round dazzling rubies. Cut considers the radiance, fire and also scintillation of the ruby. Cut quality varies from Exceptional - Poor.
Other components you could discover on a diamond record consist of the gloss, symmetry, fluorescence and also percentage. Equipped with this information, you are much better able to earn an assessment of the top quality of diamond that is placed in an interaction ring.