5 Tips on What To Look For When Buying Diamonds For Wedding Rings
A wedding, or an engagement in Wakefield, is one of the most important events in every couple’s life. One of the best ways of making the experience memorable is by choosing the right ring to symbolize the love you have for one another. While most couples would like to get the most beautiful ring they can lay their hands on, budgetary restrictions can be a challenge. However, it is possible to find an ideal ring based on your budget.
For anyone looking for precious diamonds for engagement rings and wedding rings in Wakefield, they should consider going about the process carefully. There are various dealers in the market, some of who may sell you fake diamonds. Here are a few useful tips on what to look for when looking for precious diamonds for engagement or wedding rings.
Consider the Diamond Cut
1. Any expert will tell you that the cut is the most important thing to consider when buying diamonds in Wakefield. The main reason behind this is that the cut usually influences the sparkle. A diamond may be clear and feature a high quality color grade, but if the cut is poor, it may still appear dull. The dealer you buy from should be able to cut your diamond in the proper proportions. If your budget can allow it, choose a diamond with the highest cut grade.
2. Contrary to common belief, lack of color in your diamonds denotes a higher color grade. Some people go for pale yellow diamond, without knowing that it is low quality. To avoid such an experience, ask the diamond dealer to give you grade H or higher. Near colorless diamond ranges from grade G to J, but it may be quite expensive.
Clarity Diamonds can also be chosen based on their clarity levels.
3. This is usually not a very important factor to consider, considering that the precious stones usually come with imperfections, known as inclusions. These tiny imperfections may not be easy to detect, and they may only be seen through a microscope. However, the fewer there are, the higher the clarity grade of your diamonds. If your budget can be stretched further, consider buying grade VS1 grade or higher.
Consider the Diamond’s Carat Weight
4. Unlike common belief, carat does not mean the size of the diamond, but its actual weight. Carat and cut must be considered side by side, because no matter the size of the diamond, a poor cut grade can make your precious stones look smaller. Another important fact to keep in mind is that the more the weight of the diamond, the more you will pay for it. Therefore, you should consider going for a less heavy stone with a high grade cut.
Ask for Proof of Certification
5. There is nothing as unfortunate as buying diamonds for your special event only to realize that they are of poor quality, or that they were stolen. To avoid such an eventuality, always ask the dealer in Wakefield to show you the copy of diamond certification.
With these tips, you should be able to make the right choice when buying precious diamonds in Wakefield for you engagement or wedding.
Wakefield How to Buy a Diamond And The 4 Biggest Mistakes When Buying a Diamond
For centuries, diamond has been used as an epitome of true love. It reflects love, affection, security, trust and a life long commitment. When you gift a diamond to a woman, let it be in the form of diamond engagement ring, you need not say the rest. It will make others understand that how much serious you are for her. It will portray your love in the best possible manner.
You can find a variety of diamond engagement rings at online jewelry stores. These diamond engagement rings come in many shapes and styles. It is apt to choose diamond as the stone for these engagement rings because diamond is considered beautiful and it is also the hardest of all substances present on the earth. This is primarily the reason why people consider it ominous and feel that wearing diamond can bring same kind of good luck in their lives. This has made diamond engagement ring, diamond solitaire ring, designer engagement ring, diamond engagement ring platinum, discount diamond engagement ring a pre determined gift for those involved in love.
Out of all rings, a ring with solitaire is considered the most appropriate symbol which can depict your love. The attraction with the solitaire is incomparable. Diamond solitaire rings are set in a prong setting with 4 to 8 claws. Prongs can mostly be seen in platinum, yet another very beautiful and attractive metal. In most of the cases platinum is considered, as it is generally thin, and makes the diamond more visible.
Then there is yet another form of diamond engagement rings, which is attractive as well as romantic. It is known as past, present future ring. These rings define love as eternal and something which was in the past will be in the present and will be there in the future. The ring actually consists of three stones of diamond. The design of the ring can be like a center piece of diamond with two pieces around, or the three pieces of diamond clustered together. Side stone diamond engagement rings are also one style of engagement rings, which is elegant. This type of engagement ring is basically attractive as well as elegant.
They go well for working women.
Then there are antique diamond rings. These are also called Victorian rings. The designs of these rings are just like what was prevalent in the past. These diamond rings also look well if they go with some other stones. And if you want to give something priceless and sentimental to your lover, then you can gift her ancestral ring. Ancestral ring is the ring of your family, coming down since past. This ring must have been worn by your mother and grandmother. These rings are high in sentimental value and thus are considered priceless. Bit if you do not have such a family ring, then there is nothing to be upset over. You can buy for your fiancé or your wife unique engagement rings; who knows, one day; this ring can becomes an ancestral ring for your family.
So, what are you waiting for? If you are planning to walk the aisle with hand in hand with your lover, then begin the process by gifting her a diamond engagement ring. After all, diamonds are a woman's best friend.
Fake Or Real Ruby And Is This Right For You
Not all vendors provide diamond grading laboratory reports (also known as ruby top quality records) to their customers. So my general suggestions to you is to keep your money in your pocket when taking care of such jewelers.
Just purchase a ruby engagement ring if it has the initial ruby high quality record.
A laboratory report is an independent examination of the 4Cs of a loose diamond and consists of an outlined representation of the rock's clarity characteristics and also a visuals representation of the rock's percentages. Having such a report permits you to contrast diamonds of various high qualities and eventually assists you make a more notified acquiring decision.
A seller might cut corners and not give a laboratory report or a dishonest vendor could provide a fake one as a result of the time, difficulty and also expense he'll bear to getting a stone rated.
Yeah - there is a rate for rating a diamond (though that expense is at some point paid by the consumer), plus the delivery as well as insurance costs for sending out the ruby to the laboratory. As well as let us not neglect the possibility price of a jewelry expert not having the diamond in his store for sale for a couple of weeks while the grading occurs.
Nonetheless, a diamond rating report could likewise not be available because the prices to obtaining one could influence too greatly on the final rate of the ring. For instance, a 0.3 ct diamond ring setting you back $250 state, may set you back around $75 to be rated and have the report number inscribed on the band on the diamond. As you look for that suitable diamond involvement ring for your sweetie, you'll discover that there is an alphabet soup of labs declaring to supply reliable diamond grading reports. Yet I would only place my loan on ...
The Premier Ruby Grading Laboratory Reports
Yes, all diamond top quality reports are not produced equivalent. Within the sector, it is a consensus that both leading laboratories are GIA-GTL (Gemological Institute of The U.S.A.'s Treasure Trade Lab) and the AGS (American Gem Society Laboratories).
The GCAL (Gem Accreditation and Assurance Laboratory) also uses very pertained to reports or "diamond certificates" as they are referred to by GCAL. The GIA has the strongest international reputation for independence as well as uniformity. As a result of their continuous color and also clarity strictness guidelines, the globe's largest and also most pricey diamonds have been sent there for rating years. In 2006, GIA-GTL added a two-dimensional cut grading system for round brilliant rubies.
AGS utilizes the strictest cut standards in the market. It uses a three-dimensional light efficiency metric that can grade a number of ruby forms. Actually, it is the only cut grading system that is identified by the clinical area.
What is even more, its Diamond High quality Record utilizes an one-of-a-kind and exclusive 0 to 10 grading system to examine the 4 Cs - a system which is simpler to comprehend than GIA's grading system. Actually, AGS even goes the extra action by corresponding their 0-10 score scale to other types of score. For example, the standard VS1 diamond clearness ranking is a 3 on the AGS Ruby High Quality Paper.
Ruby Coverage - The Drawbacks
1. Ruby grading is not standardized or regulated and also for this reason you might find tier 2 laboratories that employ looser guidelines to the tier 1 grading laboratories mentioned above. If you purchase a diamond that has actually been graded by a rate 2 lab, you might wind up paying more for a lesser top quality ruby. So for instance, a ruby ranked a "F" in shade at a rate 2 lab could obtain a G, H, or reduced color score at a more reliable laboratory. The sector additionally discounts rubies rated by lesser known labs by about 15-30% or even more. So either you just get a diamond graded by a tier 1 lab or you approve that you might be purchasing a lower quality diamond compared to just what is stated on the record if that diamond is rated by a lesser recognized laboratory.
2. Several big chain stores have huge agreements with lower known labs with "softer" diamond grading guidelines. Some of these softer laboratories put "suggested substitute values" on the laboratory records - values which are greater than exactly what stores plans offer the rubies for. So a sales representative in a store might claim to you, "Check out the large amount you are getting right here. We are offering you this ruby engagement ring for $2500 yet the record says that the suggested substitute value is $4000." Wow - just what a bargain - NOT! This is why it is much better that you rely on only independent tier 1 laboratories.
Likewise bear in mind that reputable ruby grading reports are not appraisals and do not use appraisal figures. Ruby appraisals are typically grossly filled with air and also are not something you'll wish to depend on.
3. Ruby reports are riddled with please notes that define that nothing is "accredited" or guaranteed which the labs are not accountable for errors. In reality, the GIA provides a disclaimer of sorts on their site regarding using the word "certify." The internet site states:
"It is inaccurate to state that pupils, grads, their companies, or specific gemstones are "accredited" by GIA. The Gemological Institute of The U.S.A. does not license any person or anything. Neither a student nor a graduate that has been granted a certificate or diploma, neither a treasure which has actually been graded or identified by GIA has actually been licensed by GIA".
So it is possible that you the customer is left holding the bag should an inaccuracy in a report is later on found. Courts have frequently ruled that vendors, not labs, are accountable for such errors. Why? Since the labs indicated in advance that their records could not be held liable.
Luckily, there are a pair ways to offer on your own a lot more customer protection:
A. You might fly to India where jewelry experts use a life time buyback policy to their clients. As well pricey to fly?
B. You might discover one of the 20% of US jewelry experts that market completely bound rubies. These are diamonds that are offered with life time breakage, lifetime trade-in as well as life time buyback plans.
C. Not as excellent a treatment as buying a completely adhered diamond but you could purchase a ruby that features an actual "certificate" as well as not a record. "Qualified rubies do have warranties" albeit for shorter durations.
Certification Some vendors refer to a "diamond report" as a "licensed ruby" however practically this is not correct. From a legal point ofview, a diamond report is a simply a skilled point of view though in reality, elements of a ruby rating record are not simply viewpoints.
As an example, a diamond's carat (weight) can be accurately determined as well as its cut grade by measuring its optical efficiency or by describing a computer system version. A certification on the other hand is a statement of fact - a file for which the company accepts legal responsibility as well as will make restitution to the consumer for mistakes.
Some leading diamond grading laboratories use both reports and also certificates. AGS supplies Ruby Top quality Papers (non-certified records) and Ruby High quality Certificates. Ruby Top quality Certificates are prepared specifically for AGS retail jewelry experts and supplies guaranties from getting involved American Gem Culture member stores.
GCAL certifies it's diamond grading additionally. Its 100% money-back guarantee plan is legitimate for a duration of two years from the date on the suitable certification. This plan makes certain the accuracy of the cut, color as well as clearness grades and also the carat weight.
A record or certificate ought to will have a number on it that might or could not be inscribed on a ruby. You will certainly have the ability to go into that number on the internet site of the certifying laboratory to inspect a report's legitimacy.
Components Of A Ruby Grading Report Ruby rating reports are always progressing however specific element must remain the very same. For circumstances, the:
The Report #. This number is offered and also recorded in a lab's record and also may or may not be engraved on a diamond's girdle. You can go into the report number on a rating lab's internet site to check the authenticity of the diamond high quality record or to obtain even more details about the diamond. Forming & Facet Style: This is the synopsis as well as the cutting design used for the facet plan. There are 3 fundamental aspect styles - "fantastic cut, step cut and combined reducing design" and 12 fundamental shapes which include notables such as round great as well as princess cut" diamonds.
Dimensions: This describes size (not weight) of a ruby. Dimension consists of measurements such as length, size, weight and also diameter. A measurement is usually provided to the hundredth of a millimeter. Measurements play a significant role in how a diamond glows.
Carat Weight: The weight of a ruby is measured to the hundredth of a carat weight as well as some even offer such procedure to the thousandth of a carat weight (1.123 ct.). Carat is one of the most objective and the most convenient to understand of the 4Cs due to the fact that all one has to do is weight the rock. Shade Quality: This informs you the level of color lack in the diamond. The less shade the higher the quality.
Rubies are generally graded from D-Z; the closer to "D" the whiter the diamond. You must never ever see ruby color range such as (G-H, I-J-K, as well as so on) on a diamond record. You need to just see shade ranges on evaluations for rocks that are mounted.
Quality Grade: Virtually every ruby has inner blemishes called additions as well as outside blemishes called imperfections. A diamond is rated inning accordance with the size, kind, area and also quantity of these defects.
Quality grades vary from Remarkable (FL) - Consisted Of. Labs utilize a couple experts to quality the clarity of a diamond in order to think of a much more precise analysis.
Cut Grade: Much more current ruby records include a cut grade for typical round great diamonds. Cut takes right into factor to consider the sparkle, fire as well as scintillation of the ruby. Cut grade varies from Superb - Poor.
Other elements you could come across on a diamond report consist of the polish, symmetry, fluorescence and also percentage. Equipped with this information, you are better able making an analysis of the quality of ruby that is mounted in an interaction ring.