5 Tips on What To Look For When Buying Diamonds For Wedding Rings
A wedding, or an engagement in Kunia, is one of the most important events in every couple’s life. One of the best ways of making the experience memorable is by choosing the right ring to symbolize the love you have for one another. While most couples would like to get the most beautiful ring they can lay their hands on, budgetary restrictions can be a challenge. However, it is possible to find an ideal ring based on your budget.
For anyone looking for precious diamonds for engagement rings and wedding rings in Kunia, they should consider going about the process carefully. There are various dealers in the market, some of who may sell you fake diamonds. Here are a few useful tips on what to look for when looking for precious diamonds for engagement or wedding rings.
Consider the Diamond Cut
1. Any expert will tell you that the cut is the most important thing to consider when buying diamonds in Kunia. The main reason behind this is that the cut usually influences the sparkle. A diamond may be clear and feature a high quality color grade, but if the cut is poor, it may still appear dull. The dealer you buy from should be able to cut your diamond in the proper proportions. If your budget can allow it, choose a diamond with the highest cut grade.
2. Contrary to common belief, lack of color in your diamonds denotes a higher color grade. Some people go for pale yellow diamond, without knowing that it is low quality. To avoid such an experience, ask the diamond dealer to give you grade H or higher. Near colorless diamond ranges from grade G to J, but it may be quite expensive.
Clarity Diamonds can also be chosen based on their clarity levels.
3. This is usually not a very important factor to consider, considering that the precious stones usually come with imperfections, known as inclusions. These tiny imperfections may not be easy to detect, and they may only be seen through a microscope. However, the fewer there are, the higher the clarity grade of your diamonds. If your budget can be stretched further, consider buying grade VS1 grade or higher.
Consider the Diamond’s Carat Weight
4. Unlike common belief, carat does not mean the size of the diamond, but its actual weight. Carat and cut must be considered side by side, because no matter the size of the diamond, a poor cut grade can make your precious stones look smaller. Another important fact to keep in mind is that the more the weight of the diamond, the more you will pay for it. Therefore, you should consider going for a less heavy stone with a high grade cut.
Ask for Proof of Certification
5. There is nothing as unfortunate as buying diamonds for your special event only to realize that they are of poor quality, or that they were stolen. To avoid such an eventuality, always ask the dealer in Kunia to show you the copy of diamond certification.
With these tips, you should be able to make the right choice when buying precious diamonds in Kunia for you engagement or wedding.
Kunia How to Buy a Diamond And The 4 Biggest Mistakes When Buying a Diamond
For centuries, diamond has been used as an epitome of true love. It reflects love, affection, security, trust and a life long commitment. When you gift a diamond to a woman, let it be in the form of diamond engagement ring, you need not say the rest. It will make others understand that how much serious you are for her. It will portray your love in the best possible manner.
You can find a variety of diamond engagement rings at online jewelry stores. These diamond engagement rings come in many shapes and styles. It is apt to choose diamond as the stone for these engagement rings because diamond is considered beautiful and it is also the hardest of all substances present on the earth. This is primarily the reason why people consider it ominous and feel that wearing diamond can bring same kind of good luck in their lives. This has made diamond engagement ring, diamond solitaire ring, designer engagement ring, diamond engagement ring platinum, discount diamond engagement ring a pre determined gift for those involved in love.
Out of all rings, a ring with solitaire is considered the most appropriate symbol which can depict your love. The attraction with the solitaire is incomparable. Diamond solitaire rings are set in a prong setting with 4 to 8 claws. Prongs can mostly be seen in platinum, yet another very beautiful and attractive metal. In most of the cases platinum is considered, as it is generally thin, and makes the diamond more visible.
Then there is yet another form of diamond engagement rings, which is attractive as well as romantic. It is known as past, present future ring. These rings define love as eternal and something which was in the past will be in the present and will be there in the future. The ring actually consists of three stones of diamond. The design of the ring can be like a center piece of diamond with two pieces around, or the three pieces of diamond clustered together. Side stone diamond engagement rings are also one style of engagement rings, which is elegant. This type of engagement ring is basically attractive as well as elegant.
They go well for working women.
Then there are antique diamond rings. These are also called Victorian rings. The designs of these rings are just like what was prevalent in the past. These diamond rings also look well if they go with some other stones. And if you want to give something priceless and sentimental to your lover, then you can gift her ancestral ring. Ancestral ring is the ring of your family, coming down since past. This ring must have been worn by your mother and grandmother. These rings are high in sentimental value and thus are considered priceless. Bit if you do not have such a family ring, then there is nothing to be upset over. You can buy for your fiancé or your wife unique engagement rings; who knows, one day; this ring can becomes an ancestral ring for your family.
So, what are you waiting for? If you are planning to walk the aisle with hand in hand with your lover, then begin the process by gifting her a diamond engagement ring. After all, diamonds are a woman's best friend.
Grading Rubies in the Harsh!
Not all sellers give ruby grading laboratory reports (aka diamond quality reports) to their consumers. So my basic advice to you is to keep your money in your pocket when dealing with such jewelers.
Only purchase a diamond involvement ring if it comes with the original diamond top quality report.
A lab record is an independent evaluation of the 4Cs of a loose diamond as well as includes an outlined layout of the rock's quality qualities and also a visuals representation of the stone's percentages. Having such a record permits you to contrast rubies of various high qualities as well as eventually aids you make an even more informed acquiring decision.
A seller may cut corners as well as not give a laboratory record or a deceitful vendor might supply a fake one due to the moment, difficulty and also cost he'll bear to getting a stone graded.
Yeah - there is a cost for rating a diamond (though that price is ultimately paid by the consumer), plus the shipping as well as insurance coverage costs for sending out the diamond to the lab. As well as let us not neglect the opportunity price of a jewelry expert not having the ruby in his shop up for sale for a few weeks while the grading takes location.
However, a ruby rating record might also not be offered since the expenses to obtaining one might affect too greatly on the final cost of the ring. For instance, a 0.3 ct ruby ring setting you back $250 claim, might cost around $75 to be graded and also have the record number engraved on the band on the ruby. As you look for that excellent ruby involvement ring for your sweetie, you'll locate that there is an alphabet soup of laboratories declaring to provide respectable diamond grading reports. However I would only place my cash on ...
The Premier Diamond Grading Lab News
Yes, all ruby top quality reports are not produced equivalent. Within the market, it is an agreement that the 2 premier labs are GIA-GTL (Gemological Institute of America's Gem Trade Laboratory) as well as the AGS (American Gem Culture Laboratories).
The GCAL (Gem Accreditation as well as Guarantee Laboratory) additionally uses very related to reports or "diamond certifications" as they are referred to by GCAL. The GIA has the toughest worldwide reputation for self-reliance as well as uniformity. As a result of their consistent color and clearness strictness guidelines, the globe's biggest as well as most expensive rubies have actually been sent there for grading decades. In 2006, GIA-GTL added a two-dimensional cut grading system for rounded fantastic rubies.
AGS utilizes the strictest cut requirements in the industry. It makes use of a three-dimensional light efficiency metric that could quality a number of ruby forms. Actually, it is the only cut grading system that is identified by the clinical area.
What is even more, its Ruby High quality Document uses an unique and proprietary 0 to 10 grading system to evaluate the 4 Cs - a system which is easier to understand compared to GIA's grading system. In truth, AGS also goes the added step by corresponding their 0-10 ranking range to various other kinds of ranking. For example, the standard VS1 diamond clarity score is a 3 on the AGS Diamond High Quality Document.
Diamond Reporting - The Drawbacks
1. Diamond grading is not standard or regulated as well as thus you may find rate 2 laboratories that use looser standards to the rate 1 grading labs pointed out above. If you buy a ruby that has actually been graded by a rate 2 lab, you might wind up paying extra for a minimal high quality ruby. So for instance, a diamond ranked a "F" in color at a tier 2 lab could obtain a G, H, or lower shade ranking at a much more trustworthy lab. The industry also discounts rubies rated by lower known laboratories by about 15-30% or more. So either you just buy a diamond rated by a tier 1 laboratory or you approve that you may be purchasing a lesser quality ruby compared to exactly what is mentioned on the report if that diamond is graded by a lesser recognized lab.
2. Many large store have huge contracts with lower recognized labs with "softer" ruby grading guidelines. A few of these softer laboratories placed "suggested substitute values" on the laboratory records - values which are greater than what shops plans offer the rubies for. So a salesman in a chain store may state to you, "Consider the large amount you are getting right here. We are selling you this ruby interaction ring for $2500 yet the record states that the recommended replacement value is $4000." Wow - just what a deal - NOT! This is why it is better that you rely on just independent tier 1 laboratories.
Likewise remember that respectable ruby grading reports are not evaluations and also don't use assessment numbers. Ruby evaluations are often grossly inflated as well as are not something you'll intend to rely upon.
3. Ruby records are riddled with please notes that specify that nothing is "licensed" or ensured and that the laboratories are not liable for errors. As a matter of fact, the GIA supplies a please note of types on their website pertaining to the use of the word "accredit." The web site claims:
"It is incorrect to state that trainees, grads, their services, or particular gemstones are "licensed" by GIA. The Gemological Institute of The U.S.A. does not license any person or anything. Neither a trainee neither a grad that has been granted a certification or diploma, neither a gem which has been graded or identified by GIA has actually been accredited by GIA".
So it is feasible that you the customer is left holding the bag should an inaccuracy in a record is later on discovered. Courts have actually frequently ruled that sellers, not labs, are accountable for such mistakes. Why? Because the laboratories suggested ahead of time that their records could not be held accountable.
Fortunately, there are a couple methods to provide on your own a lot more buyer security:
A. You could fly to India where jewelers use a lifetime buyback policy to their clients. Too expensive to fly?
B. You can find among the 20% people jewelers that offer totally adhered rubies. These are rubies that are offered with life time breakage, life time trade-in and life time buyback policies.
C. Not as good a solution as acquiring a totally adhered diamond yet you might buy a ruby that includes a real "certificate" as well as not a report. "Licensed rubies do feature guaranties" albeit for much shorter durations.
Certification Some vendors describe a "diamond record" as a "licensed ruby" yet practically this is not fix. From a legal standpoint, a diamond report is a simply an expert opinion though in reality, elements of a ruby rating report are not simply point of views.
For instance, a ruby's carat weight (weight) can be accurately determined in addition to its cut grade by gauging its optical effectiveness or by referring to a computer design. A certificate on the various other hand is a declaration of fact - a record for which the company accepts legal responsibility and also will certainly make restitution to the consumer for mistakes.
Some top diamond grading laboratories provide both records as well as certificates. AGS uses Ruby Quality Records (non-certified records) and additionally Ruby Quality Certificates. Ruby High quality Certificates are prepared specifically for AGS retail jewelry experts and supplies warranties from getting involved American Treasure Culture member stores.
GCAL certifies it's diamond grading also. Its 100% money-back assurance policy stands for a duration of two years from the day on the appropriate certification. This policy makes certain the accuracy of the cut, color and quality grades and the carat weight.
A record or certificate should will have a number on it that could or may not be inscribed on a ruby. You will be able to go into that number on the web site of the accrediting laboratory to inspect a report's legitimacy.
Components Of A Diamond Grading Report Diamond rating records are constantly progressing yet certain element needs to stay the very same. As an example, the:
The Record #. This number is provided and also recorded in a laboratory's document and might or may not be etched on a diamond's girdle. You could go into the report number on a grading lab's website to examine the credibility of the diamond high quality record or to obtain more details about the diamond. Forming & Facet Style: This is the synopsis and the cutting design utilized for the facet plan. There are 3 basic aspect designs - "fantastic cut, action cut as well as mixed reducing design" and 12 fundamental forms that include notables such as round fantastic and also princess cut" rubies.
Measurements: This refers to dimension (not weight) of a ruby. Dimension consists of dimensions such as size, width, weight and also diameter. A dimension is usually noted to the hundredth of a millimeter. Measurements play a substantial duty in just how a ruby glows.
Carat weight Weight: The weight of a diamond is measured to the hundredth of a carat weight as well as some even offer such action to the thousandth of a carat (1.123 ct.). Carat weight is the most objective and also the simplest to understand of the 4Cs because all one has to do is weight the rock. Shade Grade: This tells you the degree of color lack in the ruby. The much less color the higher the grade.
Diamonds are typically graded from D-Z; the closer to "D" the whiter the diamond. You must never ever see ruby color variety such as (G-H, I-J-K, and more) on a diamond record. You ought to just see color ranges on evaluations for stones that are placed.
Quality Grade: Virtually every ruby has actually inner imperfections called inclusions as well as outside flaws called acnes. A ruby is graded inning accordance with the size, type, area as well as amount of these defects.
Quality qualities vary from Remarkable (FL) - Consisted Of. Labs use a couple professionals to quality the quality of a ruby in order to generate a more accurate reading.
Cut Grade: More recent diamond records include a cut quality for basic round dazzling rubies. Cut thinks about the radiance, fire and also scintillation of the diamond. Cut quality ranges from Excellent - Poor.
Other aspects you could discover on a diamond report include the polish, proportion, fluorescence and percentage. Equipped with this information, you are much better able making an analysis of the top quality of ruby that is placed in an involvement ring.