5 Tips on What To Look For When Buying Diamonds For Wedding Rings
A wedding, or an engagement in Hunters, is one of the most important events in every couple’s life. One of the best ways of making the experience memorable is by choosing the right ring to symbolize the love you have for one another. While most couples would like to get the most beautiful ring they can lay their hands on, budgetary restrictions can be a challenge. However, it is possible to find an ideal ring based on your budget.
For anyone looking for precious diamonds for engagement rings and wedding rings in Hunters, they should consider going about the process carefully. There are various dealers in the market, some of who may sell you fake diamonds. Here are a few useful tips on what to look for when looking for precious diamonds for engagement or wedding rings.
Consider the Diamond Cut
1. Any expert will tell you that the cut is the most important thing to consider when buying diamonds in Hunters. The main reason behind this is that the cut usually influences the sparkle. A diamond may be clear and feature a high quality color grade, but if the cut is poor, it may still appear dull. The dealer you buy from should be able to cut your diamond in the proper proportions. If your budget can allow it, choose a diamond with the highest cut grade.
2. Contrary to common belief, lack of color in your diamonds denotes a higher color grade. Some people go for pale yellow diamond, without knowing that it is low quality. To avoid such an experience, ask the diamond dealer to give you grade H or higher. Near colorless diamond ranges from grade G to J, but it may be quite expensive.
Clarity Diamonds can also be chosen based on their clarity levels.
3. This is usually not a very important factor to consider, considering that the precious stones usually come with imperfections, known as inclusions. These tiny imperfections may not be easy to detect, and they may only be seen through a microscope. However, the fewer there are, the higher the clarity grade of your diamonds. If your budget can be stretched further, consider buying grade VS1 grade or higher.
Consider the Diamond’s Carat Weight
4. Unlike common belief, carat does not mean the size of the diamond, but its actual weight. Carat and cut must be considered side by side, because no matter the size of the diamond, a poor cut grade can make your precious stones look smaller. Another important fact to keep in mind is that the more the weight of the diamond, the more you will pay for it. Therefore, you should consider going for a less heavy stone with a high grade cut.
Ask for Proof of Certification
5. There is nothing as unfortunate as buying diamonds for your special event only to realize that they are of poor quality, or that they were stolen. To avoid such an eventuality, always ask the dealer in Hunters to show you the copy of diamond certification.
With these tips, you should be able to make the right choice when buying precious diamonds in Hunters for you engagement or wedding.
Hunters How to Buy a Diamond And The 4 Biggest Mistakes When Buying a Diamond
For centuries, diamond has been used as an epitome of true love. It reflects love, affection, security, trust and a life long commitment. When you gift a diamond to a woman, let it be in the form of diamond engagement ring, you need not say the rest. It will make others understand that how much serious you are for her. It will portray your love in the best possible manner.
You can find a variety of diamond engagement rings at online jewelry stores. These diamond engagement rings come in many shapes and styles. It is apt to choose diamond as the stone for these engagement rings because diamond is considered beautiful and it is also the hardest of all substances present on the earth. This is primarily the reason why people consider it ominous and feel that wearing diamond can bring same kind of good luck in their lives. This has made diamond engagement ring, diamond solitaire ring, designer engagement ring, diamond engagement ring platinum, discount diamond engagement ring a pre determined gift for those involved in love.
Out of all rings, a ring with solitaire is considered the most appropriate symbol which can depict your love. The attraction with the solitaire is incomparable. Diamond solitaire rings are set in a prong setting with 4 to 8 claws. Prongs can mostly be seen in platinum, yet another very beautiful and attractive metal. In most of the cases platinum is considered, as it is generally thin, and makes the diamond more visible.
Then there is yet another form of diamond engagement rings, which is attractive as well as romantic. It is known as past, present future ring. These rings define love as eternal and something which was in the past will be in the present and will be there in the future. The ring actually consists of three stones of diamond. The design of the ring can be like a center piece of diamond with two pieces around, or the three pieces of diamond clustered together. Side stone diamond engagement rings are also one style of engagement rings, which is elegant. This type of engagement ring is basically attractive as well as elegant.
They go well for working women.
Then there are antique diamond rings. These are also called Victorian rings. The designs of these rings are just like what was prevalent in the past. These diamond rings also look well if they go with some other stones. And if you want to give something priceless and sentimental to your lover, then you can gift her ancestral ring. Ancestral ring is the ring of your family, coming down since past. This ring must have been worn by your mother and grandmother. These rings are high in sentimental value and thus are considered priceless. Bit if you do not have such a family ring, then there is nothing to be upset over. You can buy for your fiancé or your wife unique engagement rings; who knows, one day; this ring can becomes an ancestral ring for your family.
So, what are you waiting for? If you are planning to walk the aisle with hand in hand with your lover, then begin the process by gifting her a diamond engagement ring. After all, diamonds are a woman's best friend.
Quality Boosted Diamonds - Some Points You Had To Know!
Not all vendors supply diamond grading laboratory reports (aka diamond quality reports) to their customers. So my general guidance to you is to maintain your money in your pocket when handling such jewelry experts.
Just buy a ruby engagement ring if it has the initial diamond high quality report.
A laboratory report is an independent evaluation of the 4Cs of a loosened diamond and consists of an outlined representation of the rock's clearness attributes and a graphic depiction of the stone's percentages. Having such a record enables you to contrast rubies of different qualities as well as eventually assists you make an even more notified acquiring choice.
A seller may reduce edges and not supply a lab report or an unethical vendor might give a phony one as a result of the time, difficulty and also expense he'll birth to getting a stone rated.
Yeah - there is a cost for grading a diamond (though that cost is eventually paid by the customer), plus the shipping and insurance coverage charges for sending the ruby to the laboratory. And let us not fail to remember the opportunity price of a jeweler not having the ruby in his shop up for sale for a few weeks while the grading takes place.
Nonetheless, a diamond grading report may likewise not be available since the costs to obtaining one could influence as well greatly on the last rate of the ring. As an example, a 0.3 ct ruby ring costing $250 state, might set you back around $75 to be rated and have the report number inscribed on the girdle on the diamond. As you look for that suitable ruby involvement ring for your sweetie, you'll discover that there is an alphabet soup of laboratories asserting to provide reputable diamond rating reports. Yet I would just put my loan on ...
The Premier Ruby Grading Lab Reports
Yes, all diamond top quality reports are not developed equal. Within the industry, it is an agreement that both leading labs are GIA-GTL (Gemological Institute of The U.S.A.'s Treasure Profession Laboratory) and the AGS (American Treasure Culture Laboratories).
The GCAL (Gem Qualification as well as Assurance Laboratory) additionally supplies extremely concerned records or "ruby certifications" as they are referred to by GCAL. The GIA has the toughest worldwide online reputation for freedom and also consistency. Because of their constant color and clearness strictness guidelines, the world's largest and most costly rubies have been sent out there for grading years. In 2006, GIA-GTL added a two-dimensional cut grading system for rounded brilliant rubies.
AGS makes use of the strictest cut criteria in the industry. It uses a three-dimensional light efficiency metric that could grade several diamond forms. Actually, it is the only cut grading system that is recognized by the scientific area.
What is even more, its Diamond High quality Document uses a special and also exclusive 0 to 10 grading system to evaluate the 4 Cs - a system which is less complicated to comprehend compared to GIA's grading system. As a matter of fact, AGS also goes the extra step by relating their 0-10 score scale to various other types of rating. As an example, the traditional VS1 ruby quality score is a 3 on the AGS Ruby High Quality Document.
Ruby Reporting - The Drawbacks
1. Diamond grading is not standardized or controlled as well as hence you might encounter rate 2 laboratories that employ looser guidelines to the tier 1 grading labs discussed above. If you purchase a ruby that has been rated by a tier 2 laboratory, you might end up paying much more for a lower quality diamond. So for instance, a diamond ranked a "F" in color at a rate 2 lab might get a G, H, or reduced color rating at an extra trustworthy laboratory. The sector likewise marks down diamonds graded by lesser well-known laboratories by regarding 15-30% or more. So either you just buy a ruby rated by a rate 1 laboratory or you approve that you may be purchasing a lesser top quality ruby than exactly what is mentioned on the record if that diamond is graded by a minimal well-known laboratory.
2. Several large chain stores have big agreements with minimal known labs with "softer" diamond grading standards. A few of these softer labs put "suggested substitute values" on the lab reports - worths which are more than exactly what stores means sell the rubies for. So a sales representative in a store might say to you, "Check out the large amount you are getting here. We are selling you this diamond involvement ring for $2500 yet the record claims that the recommended substitute value is $4000." Wow - just what a bargain - NOT! This is why it is much better that you rely on just independent rate 1 laboratories.
Likewise remember that trusted diamond rating records are not evaluations as well as do not use appraisal figures. Diamond evaluations are typically grossly inflated and also are not something you'll want to rely upon.
3. Diamond records are filled with please notes that specify that nothing is "certified" or guaranteed and that the labs are not accountable for mistakes. Actually, the GIA supplies a disclaimer of types on their internet site concerning using the word "accredit." The site claims:
"It is incorrect to state that pupils, graduates, their organisations, or particular gemstones are "certified" by GIA. The Gemological Institute of The U.S.A. does not accredit any person or anything. Neither a trainee neither a grad who has been granted a certificate or diploma, neither a treasure which has been rated or identified by GIA has been accredited by GIA".
So it is possible that you the customer is left holding the bag should a mistake in a record is later on found. Courts have actually regularly ruled that sellers, not laboratories, are in charge of such mistakes. Why? Since the labs suggested ahead of time that their reports couldn't be held liable.
The good news is, there are a couple means to give on your own more purchaser security:
A. You could fly to India where jewelers offer a life time buyback plan to their customers. Also pricey to fly?
B. You can discover one of the 20% people jewelry experts that offer totally bound rubies. These are rubies that are offered with lifetime damage, lifetime trade-in and also life time buyback policies.
C. Not as excellent a treatment as buying a totally bound ruby yet you might acquire a diamond that includes an actual "certificate" and also not a record. "Licensed rubies do include guaranties" albeit for shorter periods.
Qualification Some sellers refer to a "ruby report" as a "certified ruby" however technically this is not deal with. From a lawful perspective, a diamond report is a merely a skilled point of view though in reality, aspects of a ruby grading report are not simply opinions.
For example, a ruby's carat weight (weight) can be accurately established along with its cut quality by gauging its optical efficiency or by referring to a computer design. A certificate on the various other hand is a statement of truth - a paper for which the issuer approves legal duty as well as will certainly make restitution to the customer for errors.
Some top diamond grading laboratories offer both reports and also certificates. AGS supplies Diamond High quality Records (non-certified records) and Ruby Quality Certificates. Diamond Top quality Certifications are ready solely for AGS retail jewelers and supplies guaranties from getting involved American Gem Society member stores.
GCAL accredits it's ruby grading also. Its 100% money-back assurance policy is valid for a duration of 2 years from the date on the suitable certification. This plan guarantees the accuracy of the cut, color and clearness qualities and also the carat weight.
A report or certificate must will certainly have a number on it that may or could not be inscribed on a diamond. You will have the ability to enter that number on the site of the accrediting lab to examine a report's validity.
Elements Of A Diamond Grading Report Diamond grading reports are constantly advancing yet particular element ought to stay the exact same. For example, the:
The Report #. This number is provided and taped in a lab's record and also might or may not be inscribed on a diamond's band. You could enter the record number on a rating laboratory's website to examine the credibility of the diamond high quality record or to get more details about the ruby. Forming & Element Style: This is the overview and the cutting design used for the facet setup. There are 3 standard aspect designs - "dazzling cut, action cut and also mixed cutting style" as well as 12 standard shapes that include notables such as round brilliant as well as princess cut" diamonds.
Dimensions: This describes size (not weight) of a diamond. Size consists of dimensions such as length, width, weight and diameter. A measurement is normally detailed to the hundredth of a millimeter. Dimensions play a huge function in exactly how a diamond glows.
Carat weight Weight: The weight of a diamond is measured to the hundredth of a carat weight as well as some also give such step to the thousandth of a carat weight (1.123 ct.). Carat weight is one of the most unbiased and the most convenient to understand of the 4Cs due to the fact that all one has to do is weight the rock. Shade Grade: This informs you the degree of shade absence in the diamond. The less shade the higher the quality.
Rubies are generally graded from D-Z; the closer to "D" the whiter the diamond. You ought to never see diamond shade array such as (G-H, I-J-K, and so forth) on a diamond record. You ought to just see shade arrays on assessments for stones that are installed.
Quality Quality: Basically every diamond has actually inner blemishes called additions and also exterior imperfections called acnes. A diamond is graded inning accordance with the size, type, area and amount of these defects.
Clearness grades range from Remarkable (FL) - Included. Labs make use of a couple professionals to quality the clarity of a ruby in order to come up with a much more precise analysis.
Cut Quality: Much more current diamond records include a cut quality for common round brilliant rubies. Cut considers the brilliance, fire and scintillation of the diamond. Cut quality varies from Outstanding - Poor.
Other aspects you may stumble upon on a ruby record include the polish, symmetry, fluorescence and percentage. Equipped with this information, you are much better able to earn an evaluation of the quality of ruby that is mounted in an engagement ring.