5 Tips on What To Look For When Buying Diamonds For Wedding Rings
A wedding, or an engagement in Hunters, is one of the most important events in every couple’s life. One of the best ways of making the experience memorable is by choosing the right ring to symbolize the love you have for one another. While most couples would like to get the most beautiful ring they can lay their hands on, budgetary restrictions can be a challenge. However, it is possible to find an ideal ring based on your budget.
For anyone looking for precious diamonds for engagement rings and wedding rings in Hunters, they should consider going about the process carefully. There are various dealers in the market, some of who may sell you fake diamonds. Here are a few useful tips on what to look for when looking for precious diamonds for engagement or wedding rings.
Consider the Diamond Cut
1. Any expert will tell you that the cut is the most important thing to consider when buying diamonds in Hunters. The main reason behind this is that the cut usually influences the sparkle. A diamond may be clear and feature a high quality color grade, but if the cut is poor, it may still appear dull. The dealer you buy from should be able to cut your diamond in the proper proportions. If your budget can allow it, choose a diamond with the highest cut grade.
2. Contrary to common belief, lack of color in your diamonds denotes a higher color grade. Some people go for pale yellow diamond, without knowing that it is low quality. To avoid such an experience, ask the diamond dealer to give you grade H or higher. Near colorless diamond ranges from grade G to J, but it may be quite expensive.
Clarity Diamonds can also be chosen based on their clarity levels.
3. This is usually not a very important factor to consider, considering that the precious stones usually come with imperfections, known as inclusions. These tiny imperfections may not be easy to detect, and they may only be seen through a microscope. However, the fewer there are, the higher the clarity grade of your diamonds. If your budget can be stretched further, consider buying grade VS1 grade or higher.
Consider the Diamond’s Carat Weight
4. Unlike common belief, carat does not mean the size of the diamond, but its actual weight. Carat and cut must be considered side by side, because no matter the size of the diamond, a poor cut grade can make your precious stones look smaller. Another important fact to keep in mind is that the more the weight of the diamond, the more you will pay for it. Therefore, you should consider going for a less heavy stone with a high grade cut.
Ask for Proof of Certification
5. There is nothing as unfortunate as buying diamonds for your special event only to realize that they are of poor quality, or that they were stolen. To avoid such an eventuality, always ask the dealer in Hunters to show you the copy of diamond certification.
With these tips, you should be able to make the right choice when buying precious diamonds in Hunters for you engagement or wedding.
Hunters How to Buy a Diamond And The 4 Biggest Mistakes When Buying a Diamond
For centuries, diamond has been used as an epitome of true love. It reflects love, affection, security, trust and a life long commitment. When you gift a diamond to a woman, let it be in the form of diamond engagement ring, you need not say the rest. It will make others understand that how much serious you are for her. It will portray your love in the best possible manner.
You can find a variety of diamond engagement rings at online jewelry stores. These diamond engagement rings come in many shapes and styles. It is apt to choose diamond as the stone for these engagement rings because diamond is considered beautiful and it is also the hardest of all substances present on the earth. This is primarily the reason why people consider it ominous and feel that wearing diamond can bring same kind of good luck in their lives. This has made diamond engagement ring, diamond solitaire ring, designer engagement ring, diamond engagement ring platinum, discount diamond engagement ring a pre determined gift for those involved in love.
Out of all rings, a ring with solitaire is considered the most appropriate symbol which can depict your love. The attraction with the solitaire is incomparable. Diamond solitaire rings are set in a prong setting with 4 to 8 claws. Prongs can mostly be seen in platinum, yet another very beautiful and attractive metal. In most of the cases platinum is considered, as it is generally thin, and makes the diamond more visible.
Then there is yet another form of diamond engagement rings, which is attractive as well as romantic. It is known as past, present future ring. These rings define love as eternal and something which was in the past will be in the present and will be there in the future. The ring actually consists of three stones of diamond. The design of the ring can be like a center piece of diamond with two pieces around, or the three pieces of diamond clustered together. Side stone diamond engagement rings are also one style of engagement rings, which is elegant. This type of engagement ring is basically attractive as well as elegant.
They go well for working women.
Then there are antique diamond rings. These are also called Victorian rings. The designs of these rings are just like what was prevalent in the past. These diamond rings also look well if they go with some other stones. And if you want to give something priceless and sentimental to your lover, then you can gift her ancestral ring. Ancestral ring is the ring of your family, coming down since past. This ring must have been worn by your mother and grandmother. These rings are high in sentimental value and thus are considered priceless. Bit if you do not have such a family ring, then there is nothing to be upset over. You can buy for your fiancé or your wife unique engagement rings; who knows, one day; this ring can becomes an ancestral ring for your family.
So, what are you waiting for? If you are planning to walk the aisle with hand in hand with your lover, then begin the process by gifting her a diamond engagement ring. After all, diamonds are a woman's best friend.
The Best Ways To Acquire Diamonds When Buying Wholesale.
Not all vendors give diamond grading laboratory records (aka ruby high quality records) to their consumers. So my basic guidance to you is to maintain your loan in your pocket when managing such jewelry experts.
Just acquire a diamond involvement ring if it features the initial diamond high quality report.
A lab record is an independent assessment of the 4Cs of a loosened ruby and also consists of an outlined diagram of the stone's clarity features and also a visuals representation of the rock's percentages. Having such a record permits you to compare diamonds of different top qualities and inevitably assists you make an even more informed getting decision.
A seller might reduce edges as well as not provide a lab record or a dishonest seller could offer a fake one due to the time, trouble as well as cost he'll bear to obtaining a stone graded.
Yeah - there is a rate for grading a diamond (though that price is ultimately paid by the customer), plus the delivery as well as insurance policy fees for sending out the ruby to the lab. And also let us not neglect the chance expense of a jewelry expert not having the diamond in his store up for sale for a couple of weeks while the grading happens.
Nonetheless, a diamond grading report could also not be readily available since the expenses to obtaining one may impact too heavily on the final cost of the ring. For instance, a 0.3 ct diamond ring costing $250 state, could set you back around $75 to be rated and have the record number inscribed on the band on the ruby. As you look for that perfect ruby interaction ring for your sweetie, you'll discover that there is a hodgepodge of laboratories claiming to give respectable ruby rating records. Yet I would only place my money on ...
The Premier Ruby Grading Laboratory News
Yes, all ruby high quality records are not created equivalent. Within the sector, it is an agreement that both premier labs are GIA-GTL (Gemological Institute of The U.S.A.'s Gem Trade Lab) as well as the AGS (American Gem Culture Laboratories).
The GCAL (Treasure Accreditation and also Guarantee Lab) also supplies very related to reports or "diamond certificates" as they are referred to by GCAL. The GIA has the toughest international track record for independence and also consistency. As a result of their constant color and clarity strictness standards, the world's biggest and also most expensive rubies have been sent there for rating years. In 2006, GIA-GTL included a two-dimensional cut grading system for round great diamonds.
AGS utilizes the most strict cut criteria in the industry. It uses a three-dimensional light efficiency metric that could quality numerous ruby forms. In reality, it is the only cut grading system that is acknowledged by the clinical area.
What is even more, its Ruby Quality Record uses an one-of-a-kind as well as proprietary 0 to 10 grading system to assess the 4 Cs - a system which is less complicated to comprehend compared to GIA's grading system. In fact, AGS even goes the extra step by relating their 0-10 score scale to other forms of rating. As an example, the standard VS1 ruby quality rating is a 3 on the AGS Ruby High Quality Document.
Ruby Reporting - The Drawbacks
1. Diamond grading is not standard or controlled as well as for this reason you might encounter tier 2 labs that employ looser guidelines to the rate 1 grading laboratories discussed over. If you buy a ruby that has been rated by a rate 2 lab, you may finish up paying extra for a minimal quality ruby. So for instance, a ruby rated a "F" in color at a rate 2 lab may obtain a G, H, or lower shade ranking at a more credible laboratory. The industry likewise marks down diamonds rated by lower well-known laboratories by about 15-30% or even more. So either you just acquire a diamond graded by a rate 1 lab or you accept that you could be buying a lesser quality diamond compared to what is mentioned on the record if that diamond is graded by a minimal recognized lab.
2. Lots of large chain shops have huge contracts with lesser known laboratories with "softer" diamond grading standards. Some of these softer laboratories placed "recommended substitute worths" on the laboratory records - values which are above exactly what shops means offer the diamonds for. So a salesperson in a chain store could say to you, "Look at the lot you are obtaining right here. We are offering you this diamond involvement ring for $2500 but the report states that the suggested substitute worth is $4000." Wow - exactly what a deal - NOT! This is why it is much better that you rely on only independent rate 1 labs.
Also bear in mind that reputable ruby grading records are not appraisals as well as don't provide evaluation figures. Diamond evaluations are often blatantly inflated as well as are not something you'll intend to rely on.
3. Ruby records are filled with please notes that specify that nothing is "accredited" or assured and also that the laboratories are not liable for mistakes. Actually, the GIA uses a disclaimer of types on their web site pertaining to the use of the word "accredit." The web site says:
"It is wrong to state that pupils, graduates, their organisations, or particular gems are "certified" by GIA. The Gemological Institute of America does not accredit anybody or anything. Neither a student nor a graduate who has been awarded a certificate or diploma, nor a treasure which has been graded or recognized by GIA has actually been accredited by GIA".
So it is possible that you the customer is left holding the bag ought to a mistake in a report is later uncovered. Courts have frequently ruled that sellers, not labs, are in charge of such mistakes. Why? Due to the fact that the laboratories indicated in advance that their reports couldn't be held liable.
The good news is, there are a couple ways to give yourself much more customer protection:
A. You could fly to India where jewelry experts use a lifetime buyback policy to their clients. Too pricey to fly?
B. You could find among the 20% of US jewelers that sell completely adhered rubies. These are rubies that are offered with lifetime damage, lifetime trade-in as well as lifetime buyback policies.
C. Not as great a remedy as buying a totally bonded diamond yet you could acquire a diamond that features a real "certificate" and also not a record. "Licensed rubies do feature guaranties" albeit for shorter periods.
Accreditation Some vendors refer to a "diamond record" as a "qualified ruby" but practically this is not fix. From a lawful perspective, a ruby report is a merely an expert point of view though in reality, facets of a diamond rating report are not just viewpoints.
For instance, a ruby's carat weight (weight) could be accurately established along with its cut quality by gauging its optical efficiency or by referring to a computer model. A certification on the other hand is a declaration of fact - a document for which the company approves legal duty and will make restitution to the consumer for errors.
Some leading diamond grading laboratories use both records and certifications. AGS provides Diamond High quality Records (non-certified reports) and Ruby Quality Certificates. Ruby High quality Certificates are ready exclusively for AGS retail jewelers and provides warranties from taking part American Gem Society member shops.
GCAL certifies it's diamond grading additionally. Its 100% money-back assurance policy stands for a period of two years from the day on the appropriate certification. This plan guarantees the precision of the cut, shade as well as clarity qualities and also the carat weight.
A record or certificate need to will certainly have a number on it that could or could not be etched on a ruby. You will be able to get in that number on the internet site of the licensing lab to inspect a record's legitimacy.
Elements Of A Diamond Grading Report Diamond rating records are always evolving but certain element ought to stay the exact same. For circumstances, the:
The Record #. This number is provided as well as tape-recorded in a lab's document and also may or could not be engraved on a diamond's band. You can enter the record number on a rating lab's internet site to inspect the credibility of the ruby quality report or to obtain even more details regarding the diamond. Shape & Element Design: This is the overview and the reducing design utilized for the aspect plan. There are 3 fundamental facet designs - "fantastic cut, action cut as well as combined cutting design" and also 12 basic shapes that include notables such as round dazzling and also princess cut" rubies.
Dimensions: This describes size (not weight) of a ruby. Dimension includes dimensions such as length, size, weight as well as diameter. A dimension is usually detailed to the hundredth of a millimeter. Measurements play a significant duty in how a ruby glows.
Carat Weight: The weight of a ruby is measured to the hundredth of a carat weight and also some also supply such procedure to the thousandth of a carat (1.123 ct.). Carat weight is one of the most unbiased as well as the easiest to comprehend of the 4Cs due to the fact that all one needs to do is weight the rock. Shade Quality: This tells you the level of shade absence in the diamond. The less shade the higher the quality.
Rubies are commonly rated from D-Z; the closer to "D" the whiter the ruby. You need to never see diamond shade array such as (G-H, I-J-K, and more) on a diamond record. You should only see color varieties on appraisals for stones that are mounted.
Quality Grade: Practically every diamond has inner flaws called inclusions as well as outside imperfections called blemishes. A ruby is rated according to the size, kind, location as well as quantity of these imperfections.
Clarity qualities vary from Flawless (FL) - Included. Labs make use of a pair experts to grade the quality of a ruby in order to come up with a much more accurate reading.
Cut Grade: More recent ruby records include a cut grade for standard round fantastic diamonds. Cut takes into consideration the brilliance, fire as well as scintillation of the diamond. Cut grade varies from Superb - Poor.
Various other elements you may discover on a diamond report consist of the polish, symmetry, fluorescence as well as proportion. Armed with this info, you are better able to earn an evaluation of the high quality of diamond that is placed in an involvement ring.