5 Tips on What To Look For When Buying Diamonds For Wedding Rings
A wedding, or an engagement in Homewood, is one of the most important events in every couple’s life. One of the best ways of making the experience memorable is by choosing the right ring to symbolize the love you have for one another. While most couples would like to get the most beautiful ring they can lay their hands on, budgetary restrictions can be a challenge. However, it is possible to find an ideal ring based on your budget.
For anyone looking for precious diamonds for engagement rings and wedding rings in Homewood, they should consider going about the process carefully. There are various dealers in the market, some of who may sell you fake diamonds. Here are a few useful tips on what to look for when looking for precious diamonds for engagement or wedding rings.
Consider the Diamond Cut
1. Any expert will tell you that the cut is the most important thing to consider when buying diamonds in Homewood. The main reason behind this is that the cut usually influences the sparkle. A diamond may be clear and feature a high quality color grade, but if the cut is poor, it may still appear dull. The dealer you buy from should be able to cut your diamond in the proper proportions. If your budget can allow it, choose a diamond with the highest cut grade.
2. Contrary to common belief, lack of color in your diamonds denotes a higher color grade. Some people go for pale yellow diamond, without knowing that it is low quality. To avoid such an experience, ask the diamond dealer to give you grade H or higher. Near colorless diamond ranges from grade G to J, but it may be quite expensive.
Clarity Diamonds can also be chosen based on their clarity levels.
3. This is usually not a very important factor to consider, considering that the precious stones usually come with imperfections, known as inclusions. These tiny imperfections may not be easy to detect, and they may only be seen through a microscope. However, the fewer there are, the higher the clarity grade of your diamonds. If your budget can be stretched further, consider buying grade VS1 grade or higher.
Consider the Diamond’s Carat Weight
4. Unlike common belief, carat does not mean the size of the diamond, but its actual weight. Carat and cut must be considered side by side, because no matter the size of the diamond, a poor cut grade can make your precious stones look smaller. Another important fact to keep in mind is that the more the weight of the diamond, the more you will pay for it. Therefore, you should consider going for a less heavy stone with a high grade cut.
Ask for Proof of Certification
5. There is nothing as unfortunate as buying diamonds for your special event only to realize that they are of poor quality, or that they were stolen. To avoid such an eventuality, always ask the dealer in Homewood to show you the copy of diamond certification.
With these tips, you should be able to make the right choice when buying precious diamonds in Homewood for you engagement or wedding.
Homewood How to Buy a Diamond And The 4 Biggest Mistakes When Buying a Diamond
For centuries, diamond has been used as an epitome of true love. It reflects love, affection, security, trust and a life long commitment. When you gift a diamond to a woman, let it be in the form of diamond engagement ring, you need not say the rest. It will make others understand that how much serious you are for her. It will portray your love in the best possible manner.
You can find a variety of diamond engagement rings at online jewelry stores. These diamond engagement rings come in many shapes and styles. It is apt to choose diamond as the stone for these engagement rings because diamond is considered beautiful and it is also the hardest of all substances present on the earth. This is primarily the reason why people consider it ominous and feel that wearing diamond can bring same kind of good luck in their lives. This has made diamond engagement ring, diamond solitaire ring, designer engagement ring, diamond engagement ring platinum, discount diamond engagement ring a pre determined gift for those involved in love.
Out of all rings, a ring with solitaire is considered the most appropriate symbol which can depict your love. The attraction with the solitaire is incomparable. Diamond solitaire rings are set in a prong setting with 4 to 8 claws. Prongs can mostly be seen in platinum, yet another very beautiful and attractive metal. In most of the cases platinum is considered, as it is generally thin, and makes the diamond more visible.
Then there is yet another form of diamond engagement rings, which is attractive as well as romantic. It is known as past, present future ring. These rings define love as eternal and something which was in the past will be in the present and will be there in the future. The ring actually consists of three stones of diamond. The design of the ring can be like a center piece of diamond with two pieces around, or the three pieces of diamond clustered together. Side stone diamond engagement rings are also one style of engagement rings, which is elegant. This type of engagement ring is basically attractive as well as elegant.
They go well for working women.
Then there are antique diamond rings. These are also called Victorian rings. The designs of these rings are just like what was prevalent in the past. These diamond rings also look well if they go with some other stones. And if you want to give something priceless and sentimental to your lover, then you can gift her ancestral ring. Ancestral ring is the ring of your family, coming down since past. This ring must have been worn by your mother and grandmother. These rings are high in sentimental value and thus are considered priceless. Bit if you do not have such a family ring, then there is nothing to be upset over. You can buy for your fiancé or your wife unique engagement rings; who knows, one day; this ring can becomes an ancestral ring for your family.
So, what are you waiting for? If you are planning to walk the aisle with hand in hand with your lover, then begin the process by gifting her a diamond engagement ring. After all, diamonds are a woman's best friend.
Rating Rough Diamonds!
Not all vendors supply ruby grading lab reports (aka diamond top quality reports) to their consumers. So my basic guidance to you is to keep your cash in your pocket when dealing with such jewelry experts.
Just purchase a diamond involvement ring if it includes the original diamond high quality record.
A laboratory report is an independent evaluation of the 4Cs of a loose ruby as well as consists of a plotted layout of the rock's clearness features and also a visuals representation of the stone's proportions. Having such a record permits you to compare diamonds of various high qualities and also inevitably aids you make a more educated purchasing choice.
A retailer could cut edges and also not offer a laboratory report or an unethical seller could supply a phony one due to the moment, trouble and also cost he'll bear to obtaining a stone rated.
Yeah - there is a cost for grading a ruby (though that cost is ultimately paid by the customer), plus the delivery as well as insurance costs for sending out the ruby to the lab. And allow us not neglect the chance cost of a jewelry expert not having the ruby in his shop offer for sale for a couple of weeks while the grading occurs.
Nonetheless, a ruby rating report may also not be offered since the expenses to getting one may affect as well heavily on the last cost of the ring. As an example, a 0.3 ct diamond ring costing $250 say, could set you back around $75 to be rated and have the report number inscribed on the girdle on the ruby. As you browse for that perfect ruby interaction ring for your sweetheart, you'll discover that there is a hodgepodge of laboratories declaring to give respectable diamond rating reports. Yet I would just put my cash on ...
The Premier Diamond Grading Laboratory Information
Yes, all ruby top quality reports are not produced equivalent. Within the sector, it is an agreement that both top labs are GIA-GTL (Gemological Institute of The U.S.A.'s Treasure Profession Lab) and the AGS (American Gem Society Laboratories).
The GCAL (Treasure Qualification and Assurance Laboratory) also provides very concerned records or "ruby certifications" as they are described by GCAL. The GIA has the toughest international track record for freedom and consistency. As a result of their constant shade and also clearness strictness guidelines, the globe's largest as well as most costly rubies have been sent out there for grading decades. In 2006, GIA-GTL included a two-dimensional cut grading system for rounded brilliant diamonds.
AGS uses the most strict cut requirements in the market. It makes use of a three-dimensional light performance metric that can quality a number of diamond shapes. Actually, it is the only cut grading system that is identified by the clinical area.
What is more, its Diamond High quality File uses a special as well as proprietary 0 to 10 grading system to review the 4 Cs - a system which is much easier to comprehend than GIA's grading system. Actually, AGS also goes the additional step by relating their 0-10 ranking range to various other types of ranking. For instance, the conventional VS1 ruby quality rating is a 3 on the AGS Ruby Top Quality Paper.
Ruby Reporting - The Drawbacks
1. Ruby grading is not standard or controlled as well as hence you might encounter tier 2 laboratories that use looser standards to the tier 1 grading labs pointed out over. If you get a diamond that has actually been graded by a tier 2 laboratory, you might wind up paying more for a lower quality diamond. So for instance, a ruby ranked a "F" in shade at a rate 2 laboratory may get a G, H, or reduced shade score at a much more reliable lab. The sector additionally discounts diamonds rated by lower well-known laboratories by concerning 15-30% or more. So either you just get a diamond rated by a tier 1 laboratory or you accept that you could be buying a minimal top quality diamond compared to just what is mentioned on the report if that diamond is rated by a lesser known lab.
2. Numerous big store have big agreements with lower recognized labs with "softer" ruby grading guidelines. Several of these softer labs put "recommended substitute worths" on the laboratory reports - values which are above what shops intends offer the rubies for. So a salesman in a chain store may say to you, "Check out the terrific deal you are getting below. We are offering you this ruby engagement ring for $2500 however the record states that the recommended substitute value is $4000." Wow - just what an offer - NOT! This is why it is much better that you trust only independent tier 1 laboratories.
Likewise bear in mind that trustworthy ruby rating reports are not assessments as well as do not supply evaluation numbers. Ruby assessments are frequently blatantly filled with air as well as are not something you'll wish to count on.
3. Ruby reports are filled with disclaimers that specify that absolutely nothing is "certified" or ensured which the labs are not liable for mistakes. Actually, the GIA uses a disclaimer of kinds on their site regarding the usage of words "accredit." The website states:
"It is inaccurate to state that trainees, graduates, their businesses, or certain gemstones are "licensed" by GIA. The Gemological Institute of The U.S.A. does not license anyone or anything. Neither a pupil nor a grad who has been granted a certification or diploma, neither a treasure which has been rated or identified by GIA has been licensed by GIA".
So it is feasible that you the consumer is left holding the bag ought to a mistake in a report is later on uncovered. Courts have regularly ruled that sellers, not laboratories, are responsible for such mistakes. Why? Since the labs indicated in advance that their reports couldn't be held responsible.
Thankfully, there are a couple ways to give yourself extra buyer security:
A. You can fly to India where jewelry experts use a life time buyback plan to their customers. Also pricey to fly?
B. You could find among the 20% of United States jewelry experts who sell completely bonded rubies. These are diamonds that are offered with lifetime damage, lifetime trade-in and also lifetime buyback plans.
C. Not as good a remedy as buying a totally bonded diamond yet you could buy a ruby that comes with an actual "certification" and not a report. "Qualified rubies do include guaranties" albeit for shorter durations.
Certification Some vendors describe a "diamond record" as a "qualified ruby" however practically this is not correct. From a legal standpoint, a diamond report is a just an expert point of view though in actuality, aspects of a diamond grading record are not just point of views.
For instance, a diamond's carat weight (weight) could be precisely identified along with its cut quality by measuring its optical effectiveness or by describing a computer system version. A certificate on the various other hand is a statement of reality - a document for which the company accepts legal obligation and also will make restitution to the consumer for mistakes.
Some leading diamond grading laboratories offer both records as well as certificates. AGS uses Diamond Top quality Files (non-certified reports) as well as likewise Ruby High quality Certificates. Diamond Quality Certificates are prepared exclusively for AGS retail jewelers and uses guaranties from taking part American Treasure Culture participant shops.
GCAL accredits it's diamond grading additionally. Its 100% money-back assurance plan stands for a duration of 2 years from the day on the suitable certification. This policy makes certain the precision of the cut, color and clarity qualities as well as the carat weight.
A report or certificate must will have a number on it that might or may not be inscribed on a diamond. You will have the ability to go into that number on the website of the licensing laboratory to check a report's credibility.
Components Of A Diamond Grading Record Ruby rating records are constantly advancing however particular aspect should remain the same. For example, the:
The Record #. This number is provided and taped in a laboratory's document and may or could not be etched on a ruby's band. You can go into the record number on a grading lab's website to examine the credibility of the diamond quality report or to obtain more info regarding the diamond. Shape & Facet Style: This is the summary and the cutting design made use of for the aspect plan. There are 3 standard aspect designs - "brilliant cut, action cut and mixed cutting design" and 12 fundamental forms which include notables such as rounded brilliant as well as princess cut" diamonds.
Dimensions: This refers to size (not weight) of a diamond. Dimension includes dimensions such as size, size, weight as well as size. A dimension is typically provided to the hundredth of a millimeter. Measurements play a big role in exactly how a diamond shines.
Carat weight Weight: The weight of a diamond is measured to the hundredth of a carat weight as well as some also give such action to the thousandth of a carat (1.123 ct.). Carat weight is the most unbiased as well as the easiest to comprehend of the 4Cs due to the fact that all one needs to do is weight the stone. Shade Quality: This informs you the level of color lack in the ruby. The much less shade the higher the quality.
Rubies are generally graded from D-Z; the closer to "D" the whiter the diamond. You ought to never see ruby shade range such as (G-H, I-J-K, and so forth) on a ruby record. You need to just see color varieties on evaluations for rocks that are mounted.
Clarity Quality: Essentially every diamond has actually interior flaws called inclusions as well as external blemishes called imperfections. A diamond is graded according to the size, kind, area as well as amount of these problems.
Clearness grades vary from Remarkable (FL) - Consisted Of. Labs use a couple specialists to quality the clarity of a diamond in order to generate a much more exact reading.
Cut Grade: A lot more current ruby reports consist of a cut grade for typical round great diamonds. Cut thinks about the radiance, fire and scintillation of the diamond. Cut quality varies from Excellent - Poor.
Other components you may encounter on a diamond report consist of the gloss, symmetry, fluorescence and proportion. Equipped with this details, you are much better able making an evaluation of the high quality of diamond that is mounted in an engagement ring.