5 Tips on What To Look For When Buying Diamonds For Wedding Rings
A wedding, or an engagement in Wakefield, is one of the most important events in every couple’s life. One of the best ways of making the experience memorable is by choosing the right ring to symbolize the love you have for one another. While most couples would like to get the most beautiful ring they can lay their hands on, budgetary restrictions can be a challenge. However, it is possible to find an ideal ring based on your budget.
For anyone looking for precious diamonds for engagement rings and wedding rings in Wakefield, they should consider going about the process carefully. There are various dealers in the market, some of who may sell you fake diamonds. Here are a few useful tips on what to look for when looking for precious diamonds for engagement or wedding rings.
Consider the Diamond Cut
1. Any expert will tell you that the cut is the most important thing to consider when buying diamonds in Wakefield. The main reason behind this is that the cut usually influences the sparkle. A diamond may be clear and feature a high quality color grade, but if the cut is poor, it may still appear dull. The dealer you buy from should be able to cut your diamond in the proper proportions. If your budget can allow it, choose a diamond with the highest cut grade.
2. Contrary to common belief, lack of color in your diamonds denotes a higher color grade. Some people go for pale yellow diamond, without knowing that it is low quality. To avoid such an experience, ask the diamond dealer to give you grade H or higher. Near colorless diamond ranges from grade G to J, but it may be quite expensive.
Clarity Diamonds can also be chosen based on their clarity levels.
3. This is usually not a very important factor to consider, considering that the precious stones usually come with imperfections, known as inclusions. These tiny imperfections may not be easy to detect, and they may only be seen through a microscope. However, the fewer there are, the higher the clarity grade of your diamonds. If your budget can be stretched further, consider buying grade VS1 grade or higher.
Consider the Diamond’s Carat Weight
4. Unlike common belief, carat does not mean the size of the diamond, but its actual weight. Carat and cut must be considered side by side, because no matter the size of the diamond, a poor cut grade can make your precious stones look smaller. Another important fact to keep in mind is that the more the weight of the diamond, the more you will pay for it. Therefore, you should consider going for a less heavy stone with a high grade cut.
Ask for Proof of Certification
5. There is nothing as unfortunate as buying diamonds for your special event only to realize that they are of poor quality, or that they were stolen. To avoid such an eventuality, always ask the dealer in Wakefield to show you the copy of diamond certification.
With these tips, you should be able to make the right choice when buying precious diamonds in Wakefield for you engagement or wedding.
Wakefield How to Buy a Diamond And The 4 Biggest Mistakes When Buying a Diamond
For centuries, diamond has been used as an epitome of true love. It reflects love, affection, security, trust and a life long commitment. When you gift a diamond to a woman, let it be in the form of diamond engagement ring, you need not say the rest. It will make others understand that how much serious you are for her. It will portray your love in the best possible manner.
You can find a variety of diamond engagement rings at online jewelry stores. These diamond engagement rings come in many shapes and styles. It is apt to choose diamond as the stone for these engagement rings because diamond is considered beautiful and it is also the hardest of all substances present on the earth. This is primarily the reason why people consider it ominous and feel that wearing diamond can bring same kind of good luck in their lives. This has made diamond engagement ring, diamond solitaire ring, designer engagement ring, diamond engagement ring platinum, discount diamond engagement ring a pre determined gift for those involved in love.
Out of all rings, a ring with solitaire is considered the most appropriate symbol which can depict your love. The attraction with the solitaire is incomparable. Diamond solitaire rings are set in a prong setting with 4 to 8 claws. Prongs can mostly be seen in platinum, yet another very beautiful and attractive metal. In most of the cases platinum is considered, as it is generally thin, and makes the diamond more visible.
Then there is yet another form of diamond engagement rings, which is attractive as well as romantic. It is known as past, present future ring. These rings define love as eternal and something which was in the past will be in the present and will be there in the future. The ring actually consists of three stones of diamond. The design of the ring can be like a center piece of diamond with two pieces around, or the three pieces of diamond clustered together. Side stone diamond engagement rings are also one style of engagement rings, which is elegant. This type of engagement ring is basically attractive as well as elegant.
They go well for working women.
Then there are antique diamond rings. These are also called Victorian rings. The designs of these rings are just like what was prevalent in the past. These diamond rings also look well if they go with some other stones. And if you want to give something priceless and sentimental to your lover, then you can gift her ancestral ring. Ancestral ring is the ring of your family, coming down since past. This ring must have been worn by your mother and grandmother. These rings are high in sentimental value and thus are considered priceless. Bit if you do not have such a family ring, then there is nothing to be upset over. You can buy for your fiancé or your wife unique engagement rings; who knows, one day; this ring can becomes an ancestral ring for your family.
So, what are you waiting for? If you are planning to walk the aisle with hand in hand with your lover, then begin the process by gifting her a diamond engagement ring. After all, diamonds are a woman's best friend.
Grading Rough Diamonds!
Not all vendors give ruby grading lab records (aka ruby quality reports) to their customers. So my general advice to you is to keep your cash in your pocket when managing such jewelers.
Just purchase a ruby engagement ring if it has the initial diamond top quality report.
A laboratory report is an independent evaluation of the 4Cs of a loosened diamond and includes an outlined representation of the rock's clarity qualities as well as a visuals depiction of the stone's proportions. Having such a report allows you to contrast diamonds of various top qualities as well as ultimately assists you make an even more notified buying choice.
A seller might cut edges as well as not give a laboratory record or an underhanded seller might provide a fake one due to the moment, problem as well as expenditure he'll birth to obtaining a rock rated.
Yeah - there is a rate for rating a diamond (though that expense is eventually paid by the consumer), plus the shipping and also insurance policy charges for sending out the diamond to the lab. And allow us not fail to remember the possibility expense of a jewelry expert not having the diamond in his store available for a few weeks while the grading occurs.
Nevertheless, a ruby rating record could also not be offered since the expenses to obtaining one might influence also greatly on the last price of the ring. As an example, a 0.3 ct ruby ring costing $250 claim, could cost around $75 to be graded as well as have the record number engraved on the band on the diamond. As you look for that ideal diamond involvement ring for your sweetheart, you'll discover that there is an alphabet soup of laboratories asserting to offer trusted diamond grading records. However I would just place my money on ...
The Premier Ruby Grading Laboratory Information
Yes, all ruby high quality records are not created equal. Within the market, it is a consensus that the 2 leading labs are GIA-GTL (Gemological Institute of America's Treasure Profession Lab) as well as the AGS (American Treasure Society Laboratories).
The GCAL (Treasure Certification and also Guarantee Lab) also supplies extremely regarded records or "diamond certifications" as they are described by GCAL. The GIA has the best worldwide credibility for self-reliance and consistency. Because of their constant color and clarity strictness standards, the world's biggest as well as most pricey rubies have been sent out there for grading years. In 2006, GIA-GTL added a two-dimensional cut grading system for rounded fantastic diamonds.
AGS uses the strictest cut standards in the market. It utilizes a three-dimensional light performance metric that can grade a number of ruby forms. In truth, it is the only cut grading system that is acknowledged by the scientific neighborhood.
What is even more, its Ruby Quality Record uses a special and exclusive 0 to 10 grading system to evaluate the 4 Cs - a system which is easier to comprehend compared to GIA's grading system. As a matter of fact, AGS also goes the additional step by corresponding their 0-10 score scale to various other forms of rating. For example, the standard VS1 diamond clearness rating is a 3 on the AGS Ruby Top Quality Paper.
Ruby Coverage - The Drawbacks
1. Diamond grading is not standard or regulated and thus you could stumble upon rate 2 laboratories that utilize looser standards to the rate 1 grading laboratories mentioned over. If you purchase a ruby that has been graded by a rate 2 laboratory, you could end up paying extra for a lesser top quality ruby. So as an example, a ruby rated a "F" in shade at a rate 2 laboratory might get a G, H, or lower shade rating at a much more reliable lab. The sector also marks down rubies rated by minimal well-known labs by concerning 15-30% or even more. So either you just get a ruby graded by a tier 1 lab or you accept that you could be getting a minimal quality ruby than exactly what is stated on the report if that diamond is rated by a minimal recognized laboratory.
2. Numerous huge chain shops have substantial contracts with lower recognized laboratories with "softer" ruby grading standards. A few of these softer laboratories placed "suggested replacement worths" on the laboratory reports - values which are greater than exactly what shops plans sell the rubies for. So a salesperson in a store might state to you, "Consider the large amount you are getting below. We are offering you this ruby interaction ring for $2500 but the record states that the suggested replacement value is $4000." Wow - exactly what an offer - NOT! This is why it is much better that you trust only independent rate 1 laboratories.
Likewise keep in mind that trusted diamond grading reports are not evaluations and don't supply appraisal numbers. Diamond appraisals are commonly blatantly filled with air as well as are not something you'll wish to depend on.
3. Ruby records are riddled with disclaimers that define that absolutely nothing is "accredited" or ensured as well as that the laboratories are not answerable for errors. In truth, the GIA uses a please note of kinds on their website regarding making use of words "license." The website claims:
"It is inaccurate to state that trainees, graduates, their services, or certain gemstones are "accredited" by GIA. The Gemological Institute of America does not accredit anybody or anything. Neither a student neither a graduate who has actually been granted a certification or diploma, nor a gem which has actually been graded or identified by GIA has been licensed by GIA".
So it is feasible that you the consumer is left holding the bag needs to an error in a record is later on uncovered. Courts have actually often ruled that vendors, not labs, are liable for such mistakes. Why? Due to the fact that the laboratories suggested in advance that their reports couldn't be held accountable.
Luckily, there are a couple means to offer yourself much more purchaser security:
A. You might fly to India where jewelry experts use a lifetime buyback plan to their clients. Too expensive to fly?
B. You could find one of the 20% people jewelers who sell completely adhered diamonds. These are rubies that are offered with lifetime damage, life time trade-in as well as lifetime buyback policies.
C. Not as great a solution as acquiring a fully bonded ruby however you could acquire a diamond that comes with an actual "certificate" as well as not a record. "Certified rubies do include warranties" albeit for much shorter durations.
Accreditation Some vendors describe a "diamond record" as a "licensed ruby" yet practically this is not remedy. From a lawful point ofview, a diamond report is a just a skilled viewpoint though in reality, facets of a ruby rating report are not just opinions.
As an example, a ruby's carat weight (weight) can be properly identified as well as its cut grade by determining its optical performance or by referring to a computer system model. A certification on the other hand is a statement of fact - a document for which the issuer approves legal duty as well as will make restitution to the consumer for mistakes.
Some leading diamond grading laboratories offer both records and certifications. AGS provides Ruby Quality Documents (non-certified records) as well as Ruby High quality Certificates. Ruby High quality Certifications are ready solely for AGS retail jewelry experts and provides guaranties from getting involved American Treasure Society member stores.
GCAL certifies it's diamond grading also. Its 100% money-back assurance plan stands for a duration of 2 years from the day on the suitable certification. This plan makes certain the accuracy of the cut, shade as well as clearness grades and the carat weight.
A record or certificate should will certainly have a number on it that may or might not be etched on a diamond. You will have the ability to get in that number on the website of the certifying laboratory to inspect a record's credibility.
Aspects Of A Ruby Grading Record Ruby grading reports are always evolving however particular aspect ought to stay the exact same. For circumstances, the:
The Record #. This number is provided as well as recorded in a lab's record and also might or might not be etched on a diamond's band. You could enter the report number on a grading lab's internet site to inspect the credibility of the diamond top quality record or to get even more details concerning the diamond. Forming & Element Style: This is the synopsis and also the cutting style made use of for the element setup. There are 3 basic facet designs - "fantastic cut, step cut and blended cutting design" and also 12 basic shapes that include notables such as round great and also princess cut" diamonds.
Dimensions: This refers to dimension (not weight) of a ruby. Dimension includes dimensions such as length, width, weight as well as diameter. A measurement is usually listed to the hundredth of a millimeter. Measurements play a significant function in how a diamond glows.
Carat weight Weight: The weight of a diamond is determined to the hundredth of a carat and also some also provide such measure to the thousandth of a carat weight (1.123 ct.). Carat is the most objective and the simplest to comprehend of the 4Cs because all one needs to do is weight the stone. Shade Grade: This informs you the level of color lack in the ruby. The less color the higher the grade.
Diamonds are generally graded from D-Z; the closer to "D" the whiter the diamond. You need to never ever see ruby color range such as (G-H, I-J-K, and more) on a diamond report. You ought to just see shade arrays on appraisals for stones that are placed.
Clarity Quality: Basically every ruby has internal blemishes called additions as well as outside flaws called blemishes. A ruby is rated inning accordance with the dimension, type, location as well as quantity of these problems.
Quality grades range from Flawless (FL) - Consisted Of. Labs use a couple professionals to grade the clearness of a ruby in order to create a much more accurate reading.
Cut Grade: Extra recent ruby records include a cut grade for conventional round fantastic rubies. Cut takes into account the sparkle, fire and also scintillation of the diamond. Cut quality varies from Excellent - Poor.
Various other components you may find on a ruby report include the polish, proportion, fluorescence as well as percentage. Equipped with this details, you are better able to earn an evaluation of the quality of diamond that is mounted in an interaction ring.