5 Tips on What To Look For When Buying Diamonds For Wedding Rings
A wedding, or an engagement in Hunters, is one of the most important events in every couple’s life. One of the best ways of making the experience memorable is by choosing the right ring to symbolize the love you have for one another. While most couples would like to get the most beautiful ring they can lay their hands on, budgetary restrictions can be a challenge. However, it is possible to find an ideal ring based on your budget.
For anyone looking for precious diamonds for engagement rings and wedding rings in Hunters, they should consider going about the process carefully. There are various dealers in the market, some of who may sell you fake diamonds. Here are a few useful tips on what to look for when looking for precious diamonds for engagement or wedding rings.
Consider the Diamond Cut
1. Any expert will tell you that the cut is the most important thing to consider when buying diamonds in Hunters. The main reason behind this is that the cut usually influences the sparkle. A diamond may be clear and feature a high quality color grade, but if the cut is poor, it may still appear dull. The dealer you buy from should be able to cut your diamond in the proper proportions. If your budget can allow it, choose a diamond with the highest cut grade.
2. Contrary to common belief, lack of color in your diamonds denotes a higher color grade. Some people go for pale yellow diamond, without knowing that it is low quality. To avoid such an experience, ask the diamond dealer to give you grade H or higher. Near colorless diamond ranges from grade G to J, but it may be quite expensive.
Clarity Diamonds can also be chosen based on their clarity levels.
3. This is usually not a very important factor to consider, considering that the precious stones usually come with imperfections, known as inclusions. These tiny imperfections may not be easy to detect, and they may only be seen through a microscope. However, the fewer there are, the higher the clarity grade of your diamonds. If your budget can be stretched further, consider buying grade VS1 grade or higher.
Consider the Diamond’s Carat Weight
4. Unlike common belief, carat does not mean the size of the diamond, but its actual weight. Carat and cut must be considered side by side, because no matter the size of the diamond, a poor cut grade can make your precious stones look smaller. Another important fact to keep in mind is that the more the weight of the diamond, the more you will pay for it. Therefore, you should consider going for a less heavy stone with a high grade cut.
Ask for Proof of Certification
5. There is nothing as unfortunate as buying diamonds for your special event only to realize that they are of poor quality, or that they were stolen. To avoid such an eventuality, always ask the dealer in Hunters to show you the copy of diamond certification.
With these tips, you should be able to make the right choice when buying precious diamonds in Hunters for you engagement or wedding.
Hunters How to Buy a Diamond And The 4 Biggest Mistakes When Buying a Diamond
For centuries, diamond has been used as an epitome of true love. It reflects love, affection, security, trust and a life long commitment. When you gift a diamond to a woman, let it be in the form of diamond engagement ring, you need not say the rest. It will make others understand that how much serious you are for her. It will portray your love in the best possible manner.
You can find a variety of diamond engagement rings at online jewelry stores. These diamond engagement rings come in many shapes and styles. It is apt to choose diamond as the stone for these engagement rings because diamond is considered beautiful and it is also the hardest of all substances present on the earth. This is primarily the reason why people consider it ominous and feel that wearing diamond can bring same kind of good luck in their lives. This has made diamond engagement ring, diamond solitaire ring, designer engagement ring, diamond engagement ring platinum, discount diamond engagement ring a pre determined gift for those involved in love.
Out of all rings, a ring with solitaire is considered the most appropriate symbol which can depict your love. The attraction with the solitaire is incomparable. Diamond solitaire rings are set in a prong setting with 4 to 8 claws. Prongs can mostly be seen in platinum, yet another very beautiful and attractive metal. In most of the cases platinum is considered, as it is generally thin, and makes the diamond more visible.
Then there is yet another form of diamond engagement rings, which is attractive as well as romantic. It is known as past, present future ring. These rings define love as eternal and something which was in the past will be in the present and will be there in the future. The ring actually consists of three stones of diamond. The design of the ring can be like a center piece of diamond with two pieces around, or the three pieces of diamond clustered together. Side stone diamond engagement rings are also one style of engagement rings, which is elegant. This type of engagement ring is basically attractive as well as elegant.
They go well for working women.
Then there are antique diamond rings. These are also called Victorian rings. The designs of these rings are just like what was prevalent in the past. These diamond rings also look well if they go with some other stones. And if you want to give something priceless and sentimental to your lover, then you can gift her ancestral ring. Ancestral ring is the ring of your family, coming down since past. This ring must have been worn by your mother and grandmother. These rings are high in sentimental value and thus are considered priceless. Bit if you do not have such a family ring, then there is nothing to be upset over. You can buy for your fiancé or your wife unique engagement rings; who knows, one day; this ring can becomes an ancestral ring for your family.
So, what are you waiting for? If you are planning to walk the aisle with hand in hand with your lover, then begin the process by gifting her a diamond engagement ring. After all, diamonds are a woman's best friend.
Ways To Get Diamonds When Buying Wholesale.
Not all sellers supply ruby grading laboratory reports (also known as diamond top quality reports) to their customers. So my general recommendations to you is to maintain your cash in your pocket when dealing with such jewelers.
Just acquire a ruby engagement ring if it has the initial diamond top quality report.
A lab record is an independent evaluation of the 4Cs of a loosened ruby and consists of a plotted diagram of the stone's clearness attributes as well as a graphic representation of the stone's percentages. Having such a report permits you to contrast rubies of various qualities and eventually aids you make a more notified acquiring decision.
A retailer could reduce edges and not give a laboratory record or an underhanded seller might offer a fake one as a result of the time, problem and also expense he'll birth to obtaining a stone graded.
Yeah - there is a cost for grading a diamond (though that cost is ultimately paid by the consumer), plus the delivery and also insurance coverage fees for sending out the ruby to the lab. And allow us not fail to remember the chance expense of a jewelry expert not having the diamond in his shop up for sale for a few weeks while the grading occurs.
Nevertheless, a diamond rating report may also not be offered because the prices to getting one may influence too greatly on the last rate of the ring. As an example, a 0.3 ct ruby ring costing $250 claim, may set you back around $75 to be graded and also have the record number engraved on the band on the diamond. As you look for that perfect ruby engagement ring for your sweetheart, you'll discover that there is a hodgepodge of labs claiming to supply reputable diamond rating records. But I would just place my money on ...
The Premier Diamond Grading Laboratory News
Yes, all diamond high quality records are not produced equivalent. Within the industry, it is a consensus that the two top labs are GIA-GTL (Gemological Institute of America's Gem Trade Lab) and the AGS (American Gem Society Laboratories).
The GCAL (Gem Accreditation and also Guarantee Laboratory) additionally uses extremely concerned records or "diamond certifications" as they are described by GCAL. The GIA has the strongest worldwide online reputation for self-reliance and also uniformity. As a result of their continuous shade and clarity strictness standards, the world's largest and most costly diamonds have been sent there for rating years. In 2006, GIA-GTL included a two-dimensional cut grading system for rounded great diamonds.
AGS makes use of the strictest cut standards in the market. It utilizes a three-dimensional light efficiency metric that can grade several diamond shapes. In truth, it is the only cut grading system that is acknowledged by the scientific community.
Exactly what is even more, its Ruby Quality Record utilizes a distinct and also proprietary 0 to 10 grading system to evaluate the 4 Cs - a system which is much easier to understand compared to GIA's grading system. Actually, AGS also goes the additional step by corresponding their 0-10 rating scale to various other types of rating. For example, the standard VS1 diamond clarity score is a 3 on the AGS Diamond High Quality Paper.
Diamond Reporting - The Drawbacks
1. Ruby grading is not standardized or regulated and for this reason you may stumble upon rate 2 laboratories that use looser guidelines to the rate 1 grading labs stated above. If you purchase a ruby that has actually been rated by a rate 2 laboratory, you might end up paying a lot more for a minimal high quality ruby. So for instance, a diamond rated a "F" in shade at a tier 2 laboratory could obtain a G, H, or reduced color rating at a much more reputable laboratory. The market also discounts diamonds graded by minimal well-known laboratories by about 15-30% or more. So either you only buy a diamond graded by a rate 1 lab or you approve that you may be getting a minimal top quality ruby than exactly what is mentioned on the record if that ruby is rated by a minimal recognized lab.
2. Several big store have huge agreements with lesser recognized laboratories with "softer" ruby grading guidelines. A few of these softer labs placed "suggested substitute values" on the lab reports - values which are greater compared to exactly what shops plans sell the rubies for. So a sales representative in a store may state to you, "Look at the lot you are obtaining here. We are selling you this ruby engagement ring for $2500 however the report claims that the suggested replacement value is $4000." Wow - what a deal - NOT! This is why it is better that you trust just independent tier 1 labs.
Likewise remember that respectable diamond rating reports are not assessments and also do not provide evaluation figures. Ruby appraisals are usually grossly inflated and also are not something you'll desire to rely on.
3. Ruby records are filled with disclaimers that specify that nothing is "licensed" or guaranteed which the laboratories are not responsible for errors. As a matter of fact, the GIA uses a please note of types on their internet site concerning using the word "certify." The website states:
"It is inaccurate to state that trainees, graduates, their companies, or particular gems are "certified" by GIA. The Gemological Institute of America does not accredit any person or anything. Neither a student neither a grad who has been awarded a certification or diploma, neither a treasure which has been rated or determined by GIA has actually been certified by GIA".
So it is feasible that you the consumer is left holding the bag must an inaccuracy in a record is later discovered. Courts have frequently ruled that sellers, not labs, are accountable for such mistakes. Why? Since the laboratories suggested ahead of time that their records could not be held liable.
Fortunately, there are a pair means to provide yourself extra purchaser defense:
A. You could fly to India where jewelry experts supply a life time buyback policy to their clients. Also expensive to fly?
B. You could discover among the 20% people jewelers that market completely adhered diamonds. These are diamonds that are marketed with lifetime breakage, life time trade-in as well as life time buyback plans.
C. Not as great a treatment as buying a fully bonded diamond yet you might buy a ruby that includes an actual "certificate" as well as not a record. "Licensed diamonds do include guaranties" albeit for much shorter durations.
Accreditation Some vendors refer to a "ruby report" as a "certified ruby" yet practically this is not remedy. From a legal viewpoint, a diamond report is a just an expert viewpoint though in truth, facets of a diamond rating report are not just point of views.
For instance, a ruby's carat weight (weight) can be precisely identified along with its cut grade by measuring its optical effectiveness or by describing a computer model. A certificate on the various other hand is a statement of truth - a document for which the issuer accepts lawful responsibility and will make restitution to the consumer for mistakes.
Some top ruby grading labs offer both records and certificates. AGS supplies Ruby High quality Files (non-certified records) as well as Diamond High quality Certificates. Diamond High quality Certificates are prepared exclusively for AGS retail jewelry experts and also supplies warranties from participating American Gem Culture participant stores.
GCAL accredits it's diamond grading likewise. Its 100% money-back warranty plan is legitimate for a duration of 2 years from the date on the appropriate certificate. This plan makes certain the accuracy of the cut, color and also clarity qualities and the carat weight.
A record or certification ought to will have a number on it that could or might not be inscribed on a diamond. You will be able to go into that number on the website of the accrediting laboratory to examine a report's legitimacy.
Elements Of A Ruby Grading Record Diamond rating records are always developing yet certain component needs to remain the exact same. For example, the:
The Report #. This number is given and also taped in a laboratory's record and might or might not be inscribed on a ruby's girdle. You could enter the report number on a rating lab's internet site to inspect the authenticity of the ruby top quality report or to obtain more info about the diamond. Shape & Facet Style: This is the summary and the reducing design utilized for the element setup. There are 3 basic facet designs - "fantastic cut, step cut and also combined reducing style" and 12 basic forms which consist of notables such as round dazzling as well as princess cut" rubies.
Measurements: This describes size (not weight) of a diamond. Dimension includes measurements such as size, width, weight and also size. A measurement is normally noted to the hundredth of a millimeter. Dimensions play a huge role in exactly how a diamond shines.
Carat weight Weight: The weight of a diamond is gauged to the hundredth of a carat and also some even offer such measure to the thousandth of a carat weight (1.123 ct.). Carat weight is the most unbiased and the simplest to understand of the 4Cs since all one needs to do is weight the stone. Shade Quality: This informs you the level of shade absence in the diamond. The much less shade the greater the quality.
Diamonds are usually graded from D-Z; the closer to "D" the whiter the ruby. You must never see diamond shade range such as (G-H, I-J-K, and more) on a ruby record. You must only see shade ranges on appraisals for rocks that are placed.
Quality Quality: Practically every ruby has actually inner flaws called inclusions and exterior imperfections called imperfections. A ruby is rated according to the dimension, kind, area and also quantity of these flaws.
Quality grades vary from Remarkable (FL) - Included. Labs use a couple specialists to grade the clarity of a ruby in order to come up with a much more precise analysis.
Cut Quality: Extra current ruby records include a cut grade for basic round fantastic diamonds. Cut considers the luster, fire as well as scintillation of the ruby. Cut quality varies from Exceptional - Poor.
Various other components you might encounter on a diamond report consist of the gloss, proportion, fluorescence and also percentage. Armed with this details, you are much better able to earn an analysis of the high quality of ruby that is mounted in an interaction ring.