5 Tips on What To Look For When Buying Diamonds For Wedding Rings
A wedding, or an engagement in Homewood, is one of the most important events in every couple’s life. One of the best ways of making the experience memorable is by choosing the right ring to symbolize the love you have for one another. While most couples would like to get the most beautiful ring they can lay their hands on, budgetary restrictions can be a challenge. However, it is possible to find an ideal ring based on your budget.
For anyone looking for precious diamonds for engagement rings and wedding rings in Homewood, they should consider going about the process carefully. There are various dealers in the market, some of who may sell you fake diamonds. Here are a few useful tips on what to look for when looking for precious diamonds for engagement or wedding rings.
Consider the Diamond Cut
1. Any expert will tell you that the cut is the most important thing to consider when buying diamonds in Homewood. The main reason behind this is that the cut usually influences the sparkle. A diamond may be clear and feature a high quality color grade, but if the cut is poor, it may still appear dull. The dealer you buy from should be able to cut your diamond in the proper proportions. If your budget can allow it, choose a diamond with the highest cut grade.
2. Contrary to common belief, lack of color in your diamonds denotes a higher color grade. Some people go for pale yellow diamond, without knowing that it is low quality. To avoid such an experience, ask the diamond dealer to give you grade H or higher. Near colorless diamond ranges from grade G to J, but it may be quite expensive.
Clarity Diamonds can also be chosen based on their clarity levels.
3. This is usually not a very important factor to consider, considering that the precious stones usually come with imperfections, known as inclusions. These tiny imperfections may not be easy to detect, and they may only be seen through a microscope. However, the fewer there are, the higher the clarity grade of your diamonds. If your budget can be stretched further, consider buying grade VS1 grade or higher.
Consider the Diamond’s Carat Weight
4. Unlike common belief, carat does not mean the size of the diamond, but its actual weight. Carat and cut must be considered side by side, because no matter the size of the diamond, a poor cut grade can make your precious stones look smaller. Another important fact to keep in mind is that the more the weight of the diamond, the more you will pay for it. Therefore, you should consider going for a less heavy stone with a high grade cut.
Ask for Proof of Certification
5. There is nothing as unfortunate as buying diamonds for your special event only to realize that they are of poor quality, or that they were stolen. To avoid such an eventuality, always ask the dealer in Homewood to show you the copy of diamond certification.
With these tips, you should be able to make the right choice when buying precious diamonds in Homewood for you engagement or wedding.
Homewood How to Buy a Diamond And The 4 Biggest Mistakes When Buying a Diamond
Not all sellers offer ruby grading laboratory records (aka diamond high quality records) to their consumers. So my general recommendations to you is to maintain your money in your pocket when managing such jewelers.
Only buy a diamond interaction ring if it has the original diamond quality report.
A lab report is an independent examination of the 4Cs of a loosened diamond and includes an outlined layout of the rock's clarity qualities and also a graphic depiction of the rock's percentages. Having such a report enables you to compare diamonds of various top qualities and also ultimately helps you make an even more informed getting decision.
A merchant could cut corners and not supply a laboratory report or a deceitful vendor might offer a fake one due to the fact that of the moment, difficulty as well as cost he'll bear to obtaining a rock graded.
Yeah - there is a cost for grading a ruby (though that expense is eventually paid by the customer), plus the shipping and also insurance policy charges for sending out the diamond to the lab. And let us not forget the chance price of a jeweler not having the diamond in his store available for a few weeks while the grading occurs.
Nonetheless, a ruby grading record may also not be offered due to the fact that the expenses to obtaining one may influence too heavily on the last price of the ring. For instance, a 0.3 ct ruby ring setting you back $250 claim, could cost around $75 to be rated as well as have the record number inscribed on the band on the ruby. As you search for that ideal ruby involvement ring for your sweetheart, you'll discover that there is a hodgepodge of labs claiming to provide respectable ruby grading records. Yet I would just put my money on ...
The Premier Diamond Grading Lab Reports
Yes, all ruby quality records are not created equal. Within the industry, it is an agreement that both leading labs are GIA-GTL (Gemological Institute of America's Gem Trade Lab) and also the AGS (American Gem Culture Laboratories).
The GCAL (Treasure Qualification and Assurance Laboratory) also provides extremely related to reports or "diamond certificates" as they are described by GCAL. The GIA has the toughest worldwide online reputation for freedom and also uniformity. Because of their constant color and clarity strictness standards, the globe's largest and also most costly diamonds have been sent there for rating decades. In 2006, GIA-GTL included a two-dimensional cut grading system for round great diamonds.
AGS utilizes the most strict cut standards in the sector. It utilizes a three-dimensional light efficiency metric that could quality several diamond forms. As a matter of fact, it is the only cut grading system that is identified by the clinical neighborhood.
What is more, its Ruby Quality Record makes use of an one-of-a-kind and proprietary 0 to 10 grading system to assess the 4 Cs - a system which is simpler to understand compared to GIA's grading system. Actually, AGS also goes the extra action by relating their 0-10 ranking range to other kinds of rating. For instance, the conventional VS1 diamond quality score is a 3 on the AGS Diamond High Quality File.
Ruby Reporting - The Drawbacks
1. Ruby grading is not standard or controlled and thus you might find rate 2 laboratories that employ looser guidelines to the tier 1 grading labs pointed out above. If you buy a diamond that has been rated by a tier 2 lab, you could finish up paying extra for a minimal high quality diamond. So as an example, a diamond rated a "F" in shade at a tier 2 laboratory might obtain a G, H, or lower shade rating at a much more trustworthy lab. The industry additionally marks down diamonds graded by lesser known laboratories by about 15-30% or more. So either you just acquire a diamond rated by a rate 1 lab or you approve that you could be buying a minimal top quality ruby than what is stated on the report if that diamond is graded by a lesser known laboratory.
2. Lots of large chain shops have huge agreements with minimal well-known labs with "softer" ruby grading guidelines. A few of these softer labs put "recommended replacement worths" on the laboratory records - worths which are more than exactly what stores plans sell the rubies for. So a salesman in a store could say to you, "Consider the good deal you are getting here. We are marketing you this diamond interaction ring for $2500 yet the record claims that the suggested replacement worth is $4000." Wow - exactly what a bargain - NOT! This is why it is much better that you rely on just independent tier 1 labs.
Additionally remember that respectable diamond rating reports are not evaluations and also don't provide assessment numbers. Ruby appraisals are commonly grossly filled with air as well as are not something you'll intend to rely on.
3. Diamond reports are filled with disclaimers that define that nothing is "certified" or guaranteed which the labs are not answerable for mistakes. In fact, the GIA offers a disclaimer of kinds on their internet site pertaining to making use of words "license." The site says:
"It is wrong to state that trainees, grads, their services, or particular gemstones are "accredited" by GIA. The Gemological Institute of The U.S.A. does not license anyone or anything. Neither a trainee nor a graduate who has been awarded a certification or diploma, nor a treasure which has been graded or determined by GIA has been certified by GIA".
So it is feasible that you the consumer is left holding the bag should a mistake in a report is later on discovered. Courts have frequently ruled that sellers, not laboratories, are accountable for such mistakes. Why? Due to the fact that the laboratories suggested ahead of time that their reports couldn't be held liable.
Fortunately, there are a couple means to offer yourself extra buyer defense:
A. You might fly to India where jewelry experts use a lifetime buyback policy to their clients. Too expensive to fly?
B. You might locate among the 20% of US jewelry experts that offer completely bonded diamonds. These are diamonds that are offered with lifetime breakage, lifetime trade-in and life time buyback policies.
C. Not as great a treatment as getting a fully bonded diamond yet you could get a ruby that includes a real "certificate" and also not a report. "Certified rubies do have guaranties" albeit for shorter durations.
Qualification Some vendors describe a "diamond report" as a "licensed ruby" yet practically this is not fix. From a lawful perspective, a diamond record is a simply a professional point of view though in actuality, facets of a diamond rating record are not simply point of views.
As an example, a ruby's carat weight (weight) could be accurately identified along with its cut grade by measuring its optical efficiency or by describing a computer design. A certification on the other hand is a statement of fact - a file for which the issuer accepts lawful duty as well as will certainly make restitution to the consumer for mistakes.
Some leading diamond grading labs offer both records and also certifications. AGS provides Diamond Top quality Papers (non-certified records) and Ruby Quality Certificates. Diamond High quality Certifications are ready specifically for AGS retail jewelers and also provides guaranties from getting involved American Treasure Culture participant stores.
GCAL certifies it's ruby grading also. Its 100% money-back guarantee plan is legitimate for a duration of two years from the date on the appropriate certification. This plan guarantees the precision of the cut, color and clarity qualities and also the carat weight.
A record or certificate ought to will certainly have a number on it that might or could not be inscribed on a ruby. You will certainly have the ability to enter that number on the website of the licensing laboratory to examine a record's legitimacy.
Aspects Of A Diamond Grading Record Ruby grading reports are constantly progressing yet specific element ought to remain the exact same. For circumstances, the:
The Report #. This number is given and also recorded in a laboratory's document and could or could not be inscribed on a diamond's girdle. You could go into the report number on a rating laboratory's internet site to examine the credibility of the diamond top quality report or to obtain more info about the ruby. Forming & Aspect Design: This is the overview and the reducing design utilized for the aspect arrangement. There are 3 standard facet styles - "brilliant cut, step cut and combined cutting design" and 12 fundamental shapes that include notables such as rounded dazzling and also princess cut" rubies.
Measurements: This refers to dimension (not weight) of a diamond. Dimension includes measurements such as length, size, weight and also diameter. A dimension is generally detailed to the hundredth of a millimeter. Measurements play a huge role in just how a ruby sparkles.
Carat weight Weight: The weight of a diamond is determined to the hundredth of a carat weight as well as some even give such procedure to the thousandth of a carat (1.123 ct.). Carat is the most unbiased and the most convenient to comprehend of the 4Cs because all one has to do is weight the stone. Shade Quality: This tells you the level of color absence in the ruby. The much less shade the greater the grade.
Rubies are usually rated from D-Z; the closer to "D" the whiter the ruby. You must never see diamond color range such as (G-H, I-J-K, and also so on) on a ruby record. You must just see shade varieties on appraisals for stones that are placed.
Clearness Quality: Basically every diamond has inner blemishes called additions and external flaws called imperfections. A diamond is rated according to the dimension, type, location and also quantity of these problems.
Quality grades range from Perfect (FL) - Consisted Of. Labs utilize a couple specialists to grade the quality of a ruby in order to develop a much more precise reading.
Cut Quality: More recent ruby records consist of a cut quality for basic round fantastic diamonds. Cut thinks about the sparkle, fire and scintillation of the ruby. Cut grade varies from Superb - Poor.
Various other components you could discover on a ruby report include the polish, symmetry, fluorescence and also percentage. Equipped with this info, you are better able to make an evaluation of the high quality of diamond that is installed in an engagement ring.
Rating Diamonds in the Harsh!
For centuries, diamond has been used as an epitome of true love. It reflects love, affection, security, trust and a life long commitment. When you gift a diamond to a woman, let it be in the form of diamond engagement ring, you need not say the rest. It will make others understand that how much serious you are for her. It will portray your love in the best possible manner.
You can find a variety of diamond engagement rings at online jewelry stores. These diamond engagement rings come in many shapes and styles. It is apt to choose diamond as the stone for these engagement rings because diamond is considered beautiful and it is also the hardest of all substances present on the earth. This is primarily the reason why people consider it ominous and feel that wearing diamond can bring same kind of good luck in their lives. This has made diamond engagement ring, diamond solitaire ring, designer engagement ring, diamond engagement ring platinum, discount diamond engagement ring a pre determined gift for those involved in love.
Out of all rings, a ring with solitaire is considered the most appropriate symbol which can depict your love. The attraction with the solitaire is incomparable. Diamond solitaire rings are set in a prong setting with 4 to 8 claws. Prongs can mostly be seen in platinum, yet another very beautiful and attractive metal. In most of the cases platinum is considered, as it is generally thin, and makes the diamond more visible.
Then there is yet another form of diamond engagement rings, which is attractive as well as romantic. It is known as past, present future ring. These rings define love as eternal and something which was in the past will be in the present and will be there in the future. The ring actually consists of three stones of diamond. The design of the ring can be like a center piece of diamond with two pieces around, or the three pieces of diamond clustered together. Side stone diamond engagement rings are also one style of engagement rings, which is elegant. This type of engagement ring is basically attractive as well as elegant.
They go well for working women.
Then there are antique diamond rings. These are also called Victorian rings. The designs of these rings are just like what was prevalent in the past. These diamond rings also look well if they go with some other stones. And if you want to give something priceless and sentimental to your lover, then you can gift her ancestral ring. Ancestral ring is the ring of your family, coming down since past. This ring must have been worn by your mother and grandmother. These rings are high in sentimental value and thus are considered priceless. Bit if you do not have such a family ring, then there is nothing to be upset over. You can buy for your fiancé or your wife unique engagement rings; who knows, one day; this ring can becomes an ancestral ring for your family.
So, what are you waiting for? If you are planning to walk the aisle with hand in hand with your lover, then begin the process by gifting her a diamond engagement ring. After all, diamonds are a woman's best friend.