5 Tips on What To Look For When Buying Diamonds For Wedding Rings
A wedding, or an engagement in Wakefield, is one of the most important events in every couple’s life. One of the best ways of making the experience memorable is by choosing the right ring to symbolize the love you have for one another. While most couples would like to get the most beautiful ring they can lay their hands on, budgetary restrictions can be a challenge. However, it is possible to find an ideal ring based on your budget.
For anyone looking for precious diamonds for engagement rings and wedding rings in Wakefield, they should consider going about the process carefully. There are various dealers in the market, some of who may sell you fake diamonds. Here are a few useful tips on what to look for when looking for precious diamonds for engagement or wedding rings.
Consider the Diamond Cut
1. Any expert will tell you that the cut is the most important thing to consider when buying diamonds in Wakefield. The main reason behind this is that the cut usually influences the sparkle. A diamond may be clear and feature a high quality color grade, but if the cut is poor, it may still appear dull. The dealer you buy from should be able to cut your diamond in the proper proportions. If your budget can allow it, choose a diamond with the highest cut grade.
2. Contrary to common belief, lack of color in your diamonds denotes a higher color grade. Some people go for pale yellow diamond, without knowing that it is low quality. To avoid such an experience, ask the diamond dealer to give you grade H or higher. Near colorless diamond ranges from grade G to J, but it may be quite expensive.
Clarity Diamonds can also be chosen based on their clarity levels.
3. This is usually not a very important factor to consider, considering that the precious stones usually come with imperfections, known as inclusions. These tiny imperfections may not be easy to detect, and they may only be seen through a microscope. However, the fewer there are, the higher the clarity grade of your diamonds. If your budget can be stretched further, consider buying grade VS1 grade or higher.
Consider the Diamond’s Carat Weight
4. Unlike common belief, carat does not mean the size of the diamond, but its actual weight. Carat and cut must be considered side by side, because no matter the size of the diamond, a poor cut grade can make your precious stones look smaller. Another important fact to keep in mind is that the more the weight of the diamond, the more you will pay for it. Therefore, you should consider going for a less heavy stone with a high grade cut.
Ask for Proof of Certification
5. There is nothing as unfortunate as buying diamonds for your special event only to realize that they are of poor quality, or that they were stolen. To avoid such an eventuality, always ask the dealer in Wakefield to show you the copy of diamond certification.
With these tips, you should be able to make the right choice when buying precious diamonds in Wakefield for you engagement or wedding.
Wakefield How to Buy a Diamond And The 4 Biggest Mistakes When Buying a Diamond
For centuries, diamond has been used as an epitome of true love. It reflects love, affection, security, trust and a life long commitment. When you gift a diamond to a woman, let it be in the form of diamond engagement ring, you need not say the rest. It will make others understand that how much serious you are for her. It will portray your love in the best possible manner.
You can find a variety of diamond engagement rings at online jewelry stores. These diamond engagement rings come in many shapes and styles. It is apt to choose diamond as the stone for these engagement rings because diamond is considered beautiful and it is also the hardest of all substances present on the earth. This is primarily the reason why people consider it ominous and feel that wearing diamond can bring same kind of good luck in their lives. This has made diamond engagement ring, diamond solitaire ring, designer engagement ring, diamond engagement ring platinum, discount diamond engagement ring a pre determined gift for those involved in love.
Out of all rings, a ring with solitaire is considered the most appropriate symbol which can depict your love. The attraction with the solitaire is incomparable. Diamond solitaire rings are set in a prong setting with 4 to 8 claws. Prongs can mostly be seen in platinum, yet another very beautiful and attractive metal. In most of the cases platinum is considered, as it is generally thin, and makes the diamond more visible.
Then there is yet another form of diamond engagement rings, which is attractive as well as romantic. It is known as past, present future ring. These rings define love as eternal and something which was in the past will be in the present and will be there in the future. The ring actually consists of three stones of diamond. The design of the ring can be like a center piece of diamond with two pieces around, or the three pieces of diamond clustered together. Side stone diamond engagement rings are also one style of engagement rings, which is elegant. This type of engagement ring is basically attractive as well as elegant.
They go well for working women.
Then there are antique diamond rings. These are also called Victorian rings. The designs of these rings are just like what was prevalent in the past. These diamond rings also look well if they go with some other stones. And if you want to give something priceless and sentimental to your lover, then you can gift her ancestral ring. Ancestral ring is the ring of your family, coming down since past. This ring must have been worn by your mother and grandmother. These rings are high in sentimental value and thus are considered priceless. Bit if you do not have such a family ring, then there is nothing to be upset over. You can buy for your fiancé or your wife unique engagement rings; who knows, one day; this ring can becomes an ancestral ring for your family.
So, what are you waiting for? If you are planning to walk the aisle with hand in hand with your lover, then begin the process by gifting her a diamond engagement ring. After all, diamonds are a woman's best friend.
How to Buy a Diamond And The 4 Biggest Mistakes When Buying a Diamond
Not all vendors give ruby grading laboratory reports (also known as diamond top quality records) to their consumers. So my general recommendations to you is to keep your money in your pocket when handling such jewelers.
Only purchase a ruby engagement ring if it features the initial diamond top quality record.
A lab record is an independent evaluation of the 4Cs of a loosened diamond and also consists of an outlined representation of the stone's clearness features and a graphic depiction of the rock's proportions. Having such a record enables you to contrast rubies of various high qualities and also ultimately aids you make an even more informed getting choice.
A store could reduce edges and not offer a laboratory record or an unethical seller could offer a fake one as a result of the moment, difficulty and expense he'll birth to obtaining a rock rated.
Yeah - there is a price for rating a diamond (though that expense is at some point paid by the customer), plus the delivery and insurance coverage charges for sending the ruby to the lab. And let us not fail to remember the chance expense of a jewelry expert not having the diamond in his shop available for a few weeks while the grading takes area.
Nevertheless, a ruby grading report could additionally not be readily available since the costs to getting one could influence as well heavily on the last cost of the ring. For instance, a 0.3 ct diamond ring setting you back $250 claim, might cost around $75 to be graded as well as have the report number etched on the band on the ruby. As you browse for that perfect ruby engagement ring for your sweetheart, you'll locate that there is a hodgepodge of labs asserting to offer credible ruby grading records. However I would only place my money on ...
The Premier Ruby Grading Laboratory Reports
Yes, all diamond high quality reports are not developed equivalent. Within the market, it is a consensus that the two top laboratories are GIA-GTL (Gemological Institute of America's Gem Profession Lab) as well as the AGS (American Treasure Culture Laboratories).
The GCAL (Gem Certification and Assurance Lab) additionally provides very concerned records or "diamond certificates" as they are described by GCAL. The GIA has the toughest worldwide track record for freedom as well as uniformity. Because of their continuous shade and quality strictness standards, the globe's biggest and most pricey diamonds have actually been sent out there for rating years. In 2006, GIA-GTL included a two-dimensional cut grading system for rounded great diamonds.
AGS uses the most strict cut standards in the market. It utilizes a three-dimensional light performance metric that could quality numerous ruby shapes. As a matter of fact, it is the only cut grading system that is acknowledged by the scientific community.
Just what is more, its Ruby Quality File makes use of a distinct and proprietary 0 to 10 grading system to evaluate the 4 Cs - a system which is simpler to understand compared to GIA's grading system. Actually, AGS also goes the extra step by corresponding their 0-10 score range to other kinds of ranking. As an example, the standard VS1 diamond clearness score is a 3 on the AGS Ruby Top Quality Document.
Ruby Reporting - The Drawbacks
1. Ruby grading is not standard or regulated and thus you might find tier 2 labs that utilize looser guidelines to the tier 1 grading labs discussed over. If you buy a ruby that has been rated by a rate 2 laboratory, you might finish up paying more for a lower high quality diamond. So for instance, a diamond rated a "F" in shade at a tier 2 laboratory might get a G, H, or reduced color rating at a much more trusted laboratory. The market additionally marks down rubies graded by lesser recognized labs by concerning 15-30% or more. So either you just purchase a ruby graded by a rate 1 lab or you approve that you may be acquiring a lower quality ruby compared to just what is stated on the record if that diamond is rated by a lesser known lab.
2. Lots of large chain shops have substantial contracts with lesser known laboratories with "softer" ruby grading guidelines. Some of these softer labs placed "recommended replacement worths" on the laboratory records - values which are greater than just what shops plans market the rubies for. So a sales representative in a chain shop could say to you, "Consider the great offer you are obtaining right here. We are marketing you this diamond interaction ring for $2500 but the report says that the suggested substitute value is $4000." Wow - just what an offer - NOT! This is why it is much better that you rely on only independent rate 1 labs.
Likewise remember that trusted diamond rating reports are not assessments and do not use assessment figures. Ruby appraisals are typically grossly filled with air as well as are not something you'll wish to depend on.
3. Diamond records are filled with please notes that specify that nothing is "certified" or ensured which the laboratories are not accountable for errors. Actually, the GIA provides a please note of kinds on their site concerning using words "license." The site says:
"It is incorrect to state that trainees, graduates, their companies, or specific gemstones are "licensed" by GIA. The Gemological Institute of America does not license anyone or anything. Neither a pupil nor a graduate that has actually been granted a certification or diploma, neither a treasure which has been graded or identified by GIA has actually been certified by GIA".
So it is feasible that you the consumer is left holding the bag needs to an error in a report is later on found. Courts have actually often ruled that vendors, not labs, are accountable for such errors. Why? Since the labs suggested ahead of time that their records could not be held responsible.
Luckily, there are a couple methods to offer yourself extra customer protection:
A. You might fly to India where jewelry experts offer a life time buyback plan to their clients. Also pricey to fly?
B. You could find among the 20% of United States jewelers that sell completely bonded diamonds. These are rubies that are marketed with life time damage, lifetime trade-in as well as lifetime buyback policies.
C. Not as great a remedy as acquiring a completely bonded diamond but you could acquire a diamond that includes a real "certification" and not a report. "Certified diamonds do feature guaranties" albeit for shorter durations.
Certification Some sellers refer to a "diamond report" as a "licensed ruby" however technically this is not correct. From a lawful point ofview, a ruby record is a merely an experienced opinion though in reality, aspects of a diamond grading record are not just opinions.
As an example, a diamond's carat weight (weight) can be precisely established along with its cut quality by gauging its optical performance or by describing a computer design. A certificate on the other hand is a declaration of reality - a document for which the issuer accepts legal responsibility as well as will certainly make restitution to the customer for blunders.
Some top diamond grading labs supply both records and certificates. AGS uses Diamond Top quality Records (non-certified reports) as well as Ruby Top quality Certificates. Ruby Top quality Certificates are ready exclusively for AGS retail jewelry experts as well as provides warranties from getting involved American Treasure Culture member stores.
GCAL accredits it's ruby grading additionally. Its 100% money-back guarantee policy is valid for a period of 2 years from the day on the applicable certification. This policy makes sure the accuracy of the cut, color and quality grades and the carat weight.
A report or certification need to will have a number on it that could or might not be inscribed on a diamond. You will certainly be able to go into that number on the web site of the licensing laboratory to check a record's credibility.
Aspects Of A Diamond Grading Report Diamond rating records are always evolving but particular component ought to remain the same. As an example, the:
The Record #. This number is given and also tape-recorded in a laboratory's document and also may or may not be etched on a ruby's band. You could enter the record number on a rating lab's internet site to inspect the authenticity of the ruby quality record or to obtain more details regarding the diamond. Forming & Facet Style: This is the rundown and the cutting style utilized for the facet arrangement. There are 3 standard aspect designs - "brilliant cut, action cut as well as blended reducing style" as well as 12 basic forms which include notables such as rounded great and princess cut" diamonds.
Measurements: This describes dimension (not weight) of a ruby. Dimension includes dimensions such as size, size, weight and also diameter. A dimension is commonly detailed to the hundredth of a millimeter. Dimensions play a massive role in just how a ruby glows.
Carat Weight: The weight of a diamond is gauged to the hundredth of a carat and some also offer such step to the thousandth of a carat weight (1.123 ct.). Carat weight is one of the most unbiased as well as the most convenient to comprehend of the 4Cs since all one needs to do is weight the stone. Color Grade: This tells you the level of color absence in the diamond. The less color the greater the grade.
Rubies are usually graded from D-Z; the closer to "D" the whiter the ruby. You need to never ever see ruby color variety such as (G-H, I-J-K, and so forth) on a diamond record. You need to only see color arrays on evaluations for stones that are placed.
Clearness Quality: Practically every diamond has actually internal flaws called additions as well as exterior flaws called acnes. A ruby is graded inning accordance with the dimension, type, area as well as amount of these imperfections.
Clearness grades vary from Remarkable (FL) - Consisted Of. Labs make use of a pair experts to quality the clearness of a diamond in order to come up with a more exact analysis.
Cut Quality: Extra recent ruby records consist of a cut quality for standard round brilliant diamonds. Cut thinks about the radiance, fire as well as scintillation of the ruby. Cut grade ranges from Exceptional - Poor.
Other elements you might find on a diamond record include the polish, symmetry, fluorescence as well as percentage. Armed with this details, you are better able to earn an analysis of the top quality of ruby that is mounted in an interaction ring.