5 Tips on What To Look For When Buying Diamonds For Wedding Rings
A wedding, or an engagement in Hunters, is one of the most important events in every couple’s life. One of the best ways of making the experience memorable is by choosing the right ring to symbolize the love you have for one another. While most couples would like to get the most beautiful ring they can lay their hands on, budgetary restrictions can be a challenge. However, it is possible to find an ideal ring based on your budget.
For anyone looking for precious diamonds for engagement rings and wedding rings in Hunters, they should consider going about the process carefully. There are various dealers in the market, some of who may sell you fake diamonds. Here are a few useful tips on what to look for when looking for precious diamonds for engagement or wedding rings.
Consider the Diamond Cut
1. Any expert will tell you that the cut is the most important thing to consider when buying diamonds in Hunters. The main reason behind this is that the cut usually influences the sparkle. A diamond may be clear and feature a high quality color grade, but if the cut is poor, it may still appear dull. The dealer you buy from should be able to cut your diamond in the proper proportions. If your budget can allow it, choose a diamond with the highest cut grade.
2. Contrary to common belief, lack of color in your diamonds denotes a higher color grade. Some people go for pale yellow diamond, without knowing that it is low quality. To avoid such an experience, ask the diamond dealer to give you grade H or higher. Near colorless diamond ranges from grade G to J, but it may be quite expensive.
Clarity Diamonds can also be chosen based on their clarity levels.
3. This is usually not a very important factor to consider, considering that the precious stones usually come with imperfections, known as inclusions. These tiny imperfections may not be easy to detect, and they may only be seen through a microscope. However, the fewer there are, the higher the clarity grade of your diamonds. If your budget can be stretched further, consider buying grade VS1 grade or higher.
Consider the Diamond’s Carat Weight
4. Unlike common belief, carat does not mean the size of the diamond, but its actual weight. Carat and cut must be considered side by side, because no matter the size of the diamond, a poor cut grade can make your precious stones look smaller. Another important fact to keep in mind is that the more the weight of the diamond, the more you will pay for it. Therefore, you should consider going for a less heavy stone with a high grade cut.
Ask for Proof of Certification
5. There is nothing as unfortunate as buying diamonds for your special event only to realize that they are of poor quality, or that they were stolen. To avoid such an eventuality, always ask the dealer in Hunters to show you the copy of diamond certification.
With these tips, you should be able to make the right choice when buying precious diamonds in Hunters for you engagement or wedding.
Hunters How to Buy a Diamond And The 4 Biggest Mistakes When Buying a Diamond
For centuries, diamond has been used as an epitome of true love. It reflects love, affection, security, trust and a life long commitment. When you gift a diamond to a woman, let it be in the form of diamond engagement ring, you need not say the rest. It will make others understand that how much serious you are for her. It will portray your love in the best possible manner.
You can find a variety of diamond engagement rings at online jewelry stores. These diamond engagement rings come in many shapes and styles. It is apt to choose diamond as the stone for these engagement rings because diamond is considered beautiful and it is also the hardest of all substances present on the earth. This is primarily the reason why people consider it ominous and feel that wearing diamond can bring same kind of good luck in their lives. This has made diamond engagement ring, diamond solitaire ring, designer engagement ring, diamond engagement ring platinum, discount diamond engagement ring a pre determined gift for those involved in love.
Out of all rings, a ring with solitaire is considered the most appropriate symbol which can depict your love. The attraction with the solitaire is incomparable. Diamond solitaire rings are set in a prong setting with 4 to 8 claws. Prongs can mostly be seen in platinum, yet another very beautiful and attractive metal. In most of the cases platinum is considered, as it is generally thin, and makes the diamond more visible.
Then there is yet another form of diamond engagement rings, which is attractive as well as romantic. It is known as past, present future ring. These rings define love as eternal and something which was in the past will be in the present and will be there in the future. The ring actually consists of three stones of diamond. The design of the ring can be like a center piece of diamond with two pieces around, or the three pieces of diamond clustered together. Side stone diamond engagement rings are also one style of engagement rings, which is elegant. This type of engagement ring is basically attractive as well as elegant.
They go well for working women.
Then there are antique diamond rings. These are also called Victorian rings. The designs of these rings are just like what was prevalent in the past. These diamond rings also look well if they go with some other stones. And if you want to give something priceless and sentimental to your lover, then you can gift her ancestral ring. Ancestral ring is the ring of your family, coming down since past. This ring must have been worn by your mother and grandmother. These rings are high in sentimental value and thus are considered priceless. Bit if you do not have such a family ring, then there is nothing to be upset over. You can buy for your fiancé or your wife unique engagement rings; who knows, one day; this ring can becomes an ancestral ring for your family.
So, what are you waiting for? If you are planning to walk the aisle with hand in hand with your lover, then begin the process by gifting her a diamond engagement ring. After all, diamonds are a woman's best friend.
Acquiring Diamonds Online - Is This Online Jewelry Expert Right For You?
Not all sellers give diamond grading laboratory reports (also known as ruby high quality reports) to their customers. So my general recommendations to you is to keep your cash in your pocket when dealing with such jewelers.
Just purchase a diamond engagement ring if it features the original ruby quality record.
A lab report is an independent assessment of the 4Cs of a loosened ruby as well as includes a plotted layout of the rock's clarity qualities and a visuals depiction of the rock's proportions. Having such a record enables you to contrast diamonds of various top qualities and eventually aids you make a more educated acquiring decision.
A store might reduce corners and not give a laboratory record or an unscrupulous seller could provide a fake one because of the time, difficulty as well as expense he'll bear to obtaining a rock rated.
Yeah - there is a cost for grading a diamond (though that expense is eventually paid by the customer), plus the shipping and also insurance charges for sending out the ruby to the lab. And also allow us not forget the chance cost of a jeweler not having the diamond in his shop to buy for a few weeks while the grading happens.
Nevertheless, a ruby grading report may also not be readily available because the expenses to obtaining one may influence also heavily on the last rate of the ring. For instance, a 0.3 ct ruby ring setting you back $250 state, may cost around $75 to be graded and also have the report number etched on the girdle on the ruby. As you look for that optimal ruby interaction ring for your sweetheart, you'll find that there is a hodgepodge of laboratories claiming to offer trusted ruby grading reports. However I would only put my loan on ...
The Premier Ruby Grading Laboratory Reports
Yes, all diamond high quality reports are not developed equivalent. Within the industry, it is an agreement that both premier laboratories are GIA-GTL (Gemological Institute of America's Gem Trade Laboratory) and the AGS (American Gem Society Laboratories).
The GCAL (Treasure Certification and also Assurance Lab) additionally offers highly regarded reports or "diamond certificates" as they are referred to by GCAL. The GIA has the greatest international credibility for self-reliance and also uniformity. As a result of their continuous color as well as clearness strictness guidelines, the world's largest and most pricey rubies have actually been sent there for rating years. In 2006, GIA-GTL included a two-dimensional cut grading system for round dazzling rubies.
AGS makes use of the most strict cut standards in the industry. It makes use of a three-dimensional light efficiency metric that could quality numerous diamond forms. In truth, it is the only cut grading system that is recognized by the clinical area.
What is even more, its Diamond Quality File utilizes an unique and also proprietary 0 to 10 grading system to review the 4 Cs - a system which is less complicated to understand compared to GIA's grading system. As a matter of fact, AGS also goes the added action by corresponding their 0-10 rating range to other kinds of rating. For example, the traditional VS1 diamond clearness score is a 3 on the AGS Diamond High Quality Paper.
Ruby Coverage - The Drawbacks
1. Diamond grading is not standard or regulated and thus you might find rate 2 laboratories that employ looser standards to the tier 1 grading labs discussed over. If you get a ruby that has been graded by a rate 2 laboratory, you could wind up paying a lot more for a minimal top quality ruby. So as an example, a ruby ranked a "F" in shade at a rate 2 laboratory might get a G, H, or lower color ranking at a more credible laboratory. The industry also discounts rubies graded by lesser known labs by about 15-30% or more. So either you only buy a ruby graded by a tier 1 lab or you accept that you could be acquiring a minimal quality ruby than what is specified on the record if that ruby is graded by a minimal well-known lab.
2. Numerous large chain shops have big agreements with minimal recognized labs with "softer" ruby grading guidelines. A few of these softer labs put "suggested substitute values" on the laboratory reports - worths which are higher than exactly what shops means offer the rubies for. So a salesperson in a chain shop might claim to you, "Take a look at the large amount you are getting here. We are selling you this ruby involvement ring for $2500 yet the record states that the recommended substitute value is $4000." Wow - just what an offer - NOT! This is why it is much better that you rely on just independent rate 1 labs.
Additionally remember that respectable ruby grading reports are not appraisals and also don't supply assessment figures. Ruby appraisals are commonly blatantly inflated and are not something you'll desire to rely upon.
3. Ruby records are filled with please notes that define that absolutely nothing is "accredited" or guaranteed and that the laboratories are not responsible for mistakes. In truth, the GIA supplies a please note of kinds on their internet site relating to making use of the word "certify." The internet site claims:
"It is wrong to state that students, graduates, their businesses, or certain gemstones are "certified" by GIA. The Gemological Institute of America does not accredit any person or anything. Neither a pupil nor a grad that has actually been awarded a certification or diploma, neither a gem which has actually been graded or determined by GIA has actually been accredited by GIA".
So it is possible that you the consumer is left holding the bag needs to a mistake in a report is later discovered. Courts have frequently ruled that vendors, not laboratories, are in charge of such errors. Why? Due to the fact that the laboratories indicated ahead of time that their reports couldn't be held responsible.
The good news is, there are a pair ways to provide yourself extra buyer protection:
A. You might fly to India where jewelry experts supply a lifetime buyback plan to their clients. Also costly to fly?
B. You could locate one of the 20% people jewelry experts that offer completely bonded rubies. These are diamonds that are marketed with lifetime damage, life time trade-in and lifetime buyback plans.
C. Not as excellent a treatment as getting a totally bonded diamond however you could get a ruby that includes an actual "certification" as well as not a report. "Qualified diamonds do have warranties" albeit for shorter durations.
Certification Some vendors describe a "ruby record" as a "certified ruby" but technically this is not fix. From a lawful standpoint, a diamond record is a just an expert viewpoint though in reality, aspects of a diamond rating report are not just viewpoints.
For instance, a ruby's carat (weight) can be accurately determined as well as its cut grade by gauging its optical efficiency or by describing a computer system model. A certification on the other hand is a declaration of fact - a paper for which the company approves lawful duty and will certainly make restitution to the consumer for mistakes.
Some leading diamond grading laboratories offer both records and certifications. AGS offers Ruby Top quality Papers (non-certified records) and Ruby Quality Certificates. Ruby Quality Certificates are prepared specifically for AGS retail jewelers and provides guaranties from getting involved American Gem Society participant stores.
GCAL accredits it's diamond grading additionally. Its 100% money-back guarantee plan is valid for a duration of two years from the date on the appropriate certification. This policy guarantees the precision of the cut, shade and clearness grades and also the carat weight.
A record or certification must will have a number on it that might or might not be engraved on a diamond. You will certainly have the ability to go into that number on the website of the licensing laboratory to examine a record's validity.
Aspects Of A Diamond Grading Report Ruby rating reports are always advancing however specific component must remain the very same. For example, the:
The Record #. This number is given and also taped in a laboratory's document as well as could or might not be inscribed on a diamond's band. You can enter the report number on a rating laboratory's website to examine the authenticity of the diamond top quality record or to get more details about the ruby. Shape & Aspect Design: This is the overview and also the cutting style used for the facet plan. There are 3 fundamental element styles - "brilliant cut, step cut and also combined reducing design" and also 12 fundamental shapes which consist of notables such as rounded brilliant as well as princess cut" diamonds.
Dimensions: This refers to size (not weight) of a diamond. Size consists of measurements such as size, width, weight as well as diameter. A dimension is commonly detailed to the hundredth of a millimeter. Dimensions play a massive role in how a diamond shines.
Carat weight Weight: The weight of a diamond is measured to the hundredth of a carat and some also give such procedure to the thousandth of a carat weight (1.123 ct.). Carat weight is the most objective as well as the easiest to comprehend of the 4Cs because all one needs to do is weight the stone. Shade Grade: This informs you the degree of shade lack in the ruby. The less color the greater the quality.
Rubies are usually rated from D-Z; the closer to "D" the whiter the diamond. You should never see diamond color range such as (G-H, I-J-K, and so forth) on a diamond report. You ought to just see shade ranges on assessments for rocks that are installed.
Clarity Grade: Essentially every ruby has internal imperfections called additions as well as exterior imperfections called acnes. A ruby is rated according to the dimension, kind, place and also amount of these flaws.
Quality grades vary from Perfect (FL) - Included. Labs utilize a pair professionals to quality the clarity of a ruby in order to come up with an extra precise reading.
Cut Grade: Much more recent diamond reports consist of a cut grade for basic round great rubies. Cut considers the sparkle, fire and also scintillation of the diamond. Cut quality varies from Superb - Poor.
Various other components you could discover on a ruby report consist of the gloss, symmetry, fluorescence and also percentage. Armed with this information, you are much better able to make an evaluation of the top quality of ruby that is installed in an involvement ring.