5 Tips on What To Look For When Buying Diamonds For Wedding Rings
A wedding, or an engagement in Hunters, is one of the most important events in every couple’s life. One of the best ways of making the experience memorable is by choosing the right ring to symbolize the love you have for one another. While most couples would like to get the most beautiful ring they can lay their hands on, budgetary restrictions can be a challenge. However, it is possible to find an ideal ring based on your budget.
For anyone looking for precious diamonds for engagement rings and wedding rings in Hunters, they should consider going about the process carefully. There are various dealers in the market, some of who may sell you fake diamonds. Here are a few useful tips on what to look for when looking for precious diamonds for engagement or wedding rings.
Consider the Diamond Cut
1. Any expert will tell you that the cut is the most important thing to consider when buying diamonds in Hunters. The main reason behind this is that the cut usually influences the sparkle. A diamond may be clear and feature a high quality color grade, but if the cut is poor, it may still appear dull. The dealer you buy from should be able to cut your diamond in the proper proportions. If your budget can allow it, choose a diamond with the highest cut grade.
2. Contrary to common belief, lack of color in your diamonds denotes a higher color grade. Some people go for pale yellow diamond, without knowing that it is low quality. To avoid such an experience, ask the diamond dealer to give you grade H or higher. Near colorless diamond ranges from grade G to J, but it may be quite expensive.
Clarity Diamonds can also be chosen based on their clarity levels.
3. This is usually not a very important factor to consider, considering that the precious stones usually come with imperfections, known as inclusions. These tiny imperfections may not be easy to detect, and they may only be seen through a microscope. However, the fewer there are, the higher the clarity grade of your diamonds. If your budget can be stretched further, consider buying grade VS1 grade or higher.
Consider the Diamond’s Carat Weight
4. Unlike common belief, carat does not mean the size of the diamond, but its actual weight. Carat and cut must be considered side by side, because no matter the size of the diamond, a poor cut grade can make your precious stones look smaller. Another important fact to keep in mind is that the more the weight of the diamond, the more you will pay for it. Therefore, you should consider going for a less heavy stone with a high grade cut.
Ask for Proof of Certification
5. There is nothing as unfortunate as buying diamonds for your special event only to realize that they are of poor quality, or that they were stolen. To avoid such an eventuality, always ask the dealer in Hunters to show you the copy of diamond certification.
With these tips, you should be able to make the right choice when buying precious diamonds in Hunters for you engagement or wedding.
Hunters How to Buy a Diamond And The 4 Biggest Mistakes When Buying a Diamond
For centuries, diamond has been used as an epitome of true love. It reflects love, affection, security, trust and a life long commitment. When you gift a diamond to a woman, let it be in the form of diamond engagement ring, you need not say the rest. It will make others understand that how much serious you are for her. It will portray your love in the best possible manner.
You can find a variety of diamond engagement rings at online jewelry stores. These diamond engagement rings come in many shapes and styles. It is apt to choose diamond as the stone for these engagement rings because diamond is considered beautiful and it is also the hardest of all substances present on the earth. This is primarily the reason why people consider it ominous and feel that wearing diamond can bring same kind of good luck in their lives. This has made diamond engagement ring, diamond solitaire ring, designer engagement ring, diamond engagement ring platinum, discount diamond engagement ring a pre determined gift for those involved in love.
Out of all rings, a ring with solitaire is considered the most appropriate symbol which can depict your love. The attraction with the solitaire is incomparable. Diamond solitaire rings are set in a prong setting with 4 to 8 claws. Prongs can mostly be seen in platinum, yet another very beautiful and attractive metal. In most of the cases platinum is considered, as it is generally thin, and makes the diamond more visible.
Then there is yet another form of diamond engagement rings, which is attractive as well as romantic. It is known as past, present future ring. These rings define love as eternal and something which was in the past will be in the present and will be there in the future. The ring actually consists of three stones of diamond. The design of the ring can be like a center piece of diamond with two pieces around, or the three pieces of diamond clustered together. Side stone diamond engagement rings are also one style of engagement rings, which is elegant. This type of engagement ring is basically attractive as well as elegant.
They go well for working women.
Then there are antique diamond rings. These are also called Victorian rings. The designs of these rings are just like what was prevalent in the past. These diamond rings also look well if they go with some other stones. And if you want to give something priceless and sentimental to your lover, then you can gift her ancestral ring. Ancestral ring is the ring of your family, coming down since past. This ring must have been worn by your mother and grandmother. These rings are high in sentimental value and thus are considered priceless. Bit if you do not have such a family ring, then there is nothing to be upset over. You can buy for your fiancé or your wife unique engagement rings; who knows, one day; this ring can becomes an ancestral ring for your family.
So, what are you waiting for? If you are planning to walk the aisle with hand in hand with your lover, then begin the process by gifting her a diamond engagement ring. After all, diamonds are a woman's best friend.
Quality Boosted Diamonds - Some Things You Had To Know!
Not all sellers provide ruby grading lab records (aka ruby top quality reports) to their consumers. So my general recommendations to you is to maintain your loan in your pocket when taking care of such jewelers.
Just buy a ruby involvement ring if it includes the original diamond top quality report.
A lab record is an independent evaluation of the 4Cs of a loose ruby and also includes a plotted layout of the stone's clearness characteristics and also a visuals representation of the stone's percentages. Having such a report allows you to contrast rubies of various top qualities and also inevitably aids you make a more educated getting choice.
A retailer could cut corners and not give a lab report or an unscrupulous seller could provide a phony one due to the moment, difficulty and also cost he'll birth to obtaining a rock graded.
Yeah - there is a cost for rating a ruby (though that price is ultimately paid by the customer), plus the delivery and insurance costs for sending the diamond to the lab. And let us not fail to remember the opportunity price of a jeweler not having the diamond in his store to buy for a few weeks while the grading takes location.
Nevertheless, a ruby rating report may also not be offered due to the fact that the prices to obtaining one might affect too greatly on the last rate of the ring. For instance, a 0.3 ct diamond ring setting you back $250 claim, could cost around $75 to be graded and also have the record number engraved on the band on the ruby. As you look for that optimal diamond interaction ring for your sweetie, you'll locate that there is an alphabet soup of labs asserting to supply credible ruby rating reports. However I would just put my loan on ...
The Premier Diamond Grading Laboratory News
Yes, all diamond quality reports are not created equal. Within the market, it is a consensus that the 2 premier laboratories are GIA-GTL (Gemological Institute of The U.S.A.'s Gem Trade Laboratory) as well as the AGS (American Gem Society Laboratories).
The GCAL (Treasure Certification as well as Guarantee Laboratory) additionally supplies highly pertained to reports or "diamond certifications" as they are described by GCAL. The GIA has the best worldwide track record for independence and also consistency. As a result of their constant shade and also clarity strictness guidelines, the world's largest and also most costly diamonds have actually been sent out there for grading decades. In 2006, GIA-GTL included a two-dimensional cut grading system for rounded dazzling diamonds.
AGS utilizes the strictest cut criteria in the sector. It utilizes a three-dimensional light performance metric that can grade several diamond forms. In truth, it is the only cut grading system that is acknowledged by the scientific community.
What is even more, its Ruby Top quality Document makes use of a special and exclusive 0 to 10 grading system to review the 4 Cs - a system which is easier to understand than GIA's grading system. As a matter of fact, AGS even goes the added action by relating their 0-10 score scale to various other types of ranking. For example, the standard VS1 ruby clearness score is a 3 on the AGS Diamond High Quality Record.
Diamond Coverage - The Drawbacks
1. Diamond grading is not standard or regulated as well as hence you may discover tier 2 labs that use looser guidelines to the tier 1 grading labs pointed out over. If you get a diamond that has been rated by a rate 2 laboratory, you could wind up paying a lot more for a lower high quality ruby. So as an example, a diamond ranked a "F" in color at a tier 2 laboratory might get a G, H, or reduced shade score at an extra trustworthy lab. The market also discounts rubies rated by lower well-known labs by concerning 15-30% or even more. So either you only get a ruby graded by a rate 1 lab or you approve that you could be acquiring a lower quality ruby compared to just what is specified on the report if that ruby is graded by a lesser known lab.
2. Many large chain shops have significant contracts with minimal known labs with "softer" diamond grading standards. Some of these softer laboratories placed "suggested substitute worths" on the lab reports - values which are more than just what shops means market the rubies for. So a salesperson in a store could state to you, "Check out the fantastic offer you are getting below. We are offering you this ruby interaction ring for $2500 but the record says that the suggested replacement worth is $4000." Wow - what a bargain - NOT! This is why it is better that you rely on only independent tier 1 labs.
Likewise keep in mind that reliable diamond rating records are not evaluations and also do not use assessment numbers. Diamond evaluations are commonly grossly inflated as well as are not something you'll want to depend on.
3. Diamond reports are riddled with please notes that specify that nothing is "licensed" or assured which the laboratories are not accountable for errors. As a matter of fact, the GIA supplies a please note of kinds on their web site regarding using the word "license." The site claims:
"It is wrong to state that pupils, graduates, their organisations, or certain gems are "accredited" by GIA. The Gemological Institute of The U.S.A. does not accredit anybody or anything. Neither a trainee nor a graduate who has been granted a certification or diploma, nor a treasure which has been rated or determined by GIA has been licensed by GIA".
So it is possible that you the customer is left holding the bag needs to an inaccuracy in a report is later discovered. Courts have often ruled that sellers, not labs, are accountable for such mistakes. Why? Due to the fact that the laboratories suggested in advance that their records couldn't be held accountable.
Thankfully, there are a couple methods to offer on your own much more customer protection:
A. You could fly to India where jewelry experts supply a lifetime buyback policy to their customers. Too costly to fly?
B. You could find among the 20% of US jewelry experts that market fully bound diamonds. These are rubies that are marketed with lifetime damage, life time trade-in and life time buyback policies.
C. Not as good a solution as purchasing a completely bonded diamond but you could acquire a diamond that comes with an actual "certificate" and not a record. "Licensed diamonds do come with warranties" albeit for shorter periods.
Certification Some vendors refer to a "diamond report" as a "licensed diamond" but technically this is not correct. From a legal perspective, a ruby record is a simply an expert viewpoint though in reality, aspects of a diamond grading report are not simply point of views.
For instance, a ruby's carat (weight) could be precisely determined along with its cut quality by gauging its optical effectiveness or by referring to a computer design. A certification on the other hand is a declaration of fact - a document for which the company approves lawful responsibility and will make restitution to the consumer for blunders.
Some top ruby grading labs use both reports and certifications. AGS offers Ruby Quality Documents (non-certified reports) and likewise Ruby Quality Certificates. Ruby Quality Certificates are prepared specifically for AGS retail jewelers as well as supplies warranties from participating American Gem Society participant stores.
GCAL accredits it's diamond grading additionally. Its 100% money-back warranty policy stands for a duration of two years from the day on the appropriate certificate. This plan makes certain the precision of the cut, color as well as clearness grades as well as the carat weight.
A record or certification ought to will have a number on it that might or might not be etched on a ruby. You will have the ability to go into that number on the internet site of the accrediting laboratory to check a record's credibility.
Aspects Of A Diamond Grading Record Ruby grading reports are constantly advancing however specific aspect needs to remain the exact same. For instance, the:
The Record #. This number is provided and also taped in a laboratory's document and might or could not be inscribed on a ruby's band. You could get in the report number on a rating laboratory's internet site to examine the credibility of the diamond high quality report or to obtain even more info about the diamond. Shape & Facet Design: This is the summary and also the cutting design made use of for the aspect setup. There are 3 standard aspect designs - "fantastic cut, action cut and combined reducing style" and 12 fundamental shapes that include notables such as rounded great and princess cut" rubies.
Dimensions: This refers to size (not weight) of a ruby. Dimension consists of dimensions such as length, width, weight as well as size. A measurement is usually noted to the hundredth of a millimeter. Measurements play a significant function in exactly how a ruby shines.
Carat weight Weight: The weight of a diamond is determined to the hundredth of a carat weight as well as some also provide such action to the thousandth of a carat weight (1.123 ct.). Carat weight is the most unbiased and the simplest to understand of the 4Cs since all one needs to do is weight the rock. Color Grade: This informs you the degree of shade lack in the diamond. The much less color the greater the grade.
Rubies are commonly graded from D-Z; the closer to "D" the whiter the ruby. You need to never ever see ruby color range such as (G-H, I-J-K, and more) on a diamond report. You should just see shade arrays on appraisals for stones that are placed.
Clearness Grade: Practically every ruby has actually interior imperfections called inclusions and external blemishes called blemishes. A ruby is rated according to the size, type, area and amount of these flaws.
Quality qualities range from Remarkable (FL) - Included. Labs make use of a pair professionals to quality the clarity of a diamond in order to generate an extra accurate analysis.
Cut Quality: A lot more current diamond reports include a cut quality for common round fantastic rubies. Cut considers the luster, fire as well as scintillation of the diamond. Cut quality varies from Excellent - Poor.
Various other elements you might find on a ruby record consist of the gloss, balance, fluorescence and also proportion. Armed with this information, you are better able to make an analysis of the top quality of ruby that is placed in an involvement ring.