5 Tips on What To Look For When Buying Diamonds For Wedding Rings
A wedding, or an engagement in Ringgold, is one of the most important events in every couple’s life. One of the best ways of making the experience memorable is by choosing the right ring to symbolize the love you have for one another. While most couples would like to get the most beautiful ring they can lay their hands on, budgetary restrictions can be a challenge. However, it is possible to find an ideal ring based on your budget.
For anyone looking for precious diamonds for engagement rings and wedding rings in Ringgold, they should consider going about the process carefully. There are various dealers in the market, some of who may sell you fake diamonds. Here are a few useful tips on what to look for when looking for precious diamonds for engagement or wedding rings.
Consider the Diamond Cut
1. Any expert will tell you that the cut is the most important thing to consider when buying diamonds in Ringgold. The main reason behind this is that the cut usually influences the sparkle. A diamond may be clear and feature a high quality color grade, but if the cut is poor, it may still appear dull. The dealer you buy from should be able to cut your diamond in the proper proportions. If your budget can allow it, choose a diamond with the highest cut grade.
2. Contrary to common belief, lack of color in your diamonds denotes a higher color grade. Some people go for pale yellow diamond, without knowing that it is low quality. To avoid such an experience, ask the diamond dealer to give you grade H or higher. Near colorless diamond ranges from grade G to J, but it may be quite expensive.
Clarity Diamonds can also be chosen based on their clarity levels.
3. This is usually not a very important factor to consider, considering that the precious stones usually come with imperfections, known as inclusions. These tiny imperfections may not be easy to detect, and they may only be seen through a microscope. However, the fewer there are, the higher the clarity grade of your diamonds. If your budget can be stretched further, consider buying grade VS1 grade or higher.
Consider the Diamond’s Carat Weight
4. Unlike common belief, carat does not mean the size of the diamond, but its actual weight. Carat and cut must be considered side by side, because no matter the size of the diamond, a poor cut grade can make your precious stones look smaller. Another important fact to keep in mind is that the more the weight of the diamond, the more you will pay for it. Therefore, you should consider going for a less heavy stone with a high grade cut.
Ask for Proof of Certification
5. There is nothing as unfortunate as buying diamonds for your special event only to realize that they are of poor quality, or that they were stolen. To avoid such an eventuality, always ask the dealer in Ringgold to show you the copy of diamond certification.
With these tips, you should be able to make the right choice when buying precious diamonds in Ringgold for you engagement or wedding.
Ringgold How to Buy a Diamond And The 4 Biggest Mistakes When Buying a Diamond
For centuries, diamond has been used as an epitome of true love. It reflects love, affection, security, trust and a life long commitment. When you gift a diamond to a woman, let it be in the form of diamond engagement ring, you need not say the rest. It will make others understand that how much serious you are for her. It will portray your love in the best possible manner.
You can find a variety of diamond engagement rings at online jewelry stores. These diamond engagement rings come in many shapes and styles. It is apt to choose diamond as the stone for these engagement rings because diamond is considered beautiful and it is also the hardest of all substances present on the earth. This is primarily the reason why people consider it ominous and feel that wearing diamond can bring same kind of good luck in their lives. This has made diamond engagement ring, diamond solitaire ring, designer engagement ring, diamond engagement ring platinum, discount diamond engagement ring a pre determined gift for those involved in love.
Out of all rings, a ring with solitaire is considered the most appropriate symbol which can depict your love. The attraction with the solitaire is incomparable. Diamond solitaire rings are set in a prong setting with 4 to 8 claws. Prongs can mostly be seen in platinum, yet another very beautiful and attractive metal. In most of the cases platinum is considered, as it is generally thin, and makes the diamond more visible.
Then there is yet another form of diamond engagement rings, which is attractive as well as romantic. It is known as past, present future ring. These rings define love as eternal and something which was in the past will be in the present and will be there in the future. The ring actually consists of three stones of diamond. The design of the ring can be like a center piece of diamond with two pieces around, or the three pieces of diamond clustered together. Side stone diamond engagement rings are also one style of engagement rings, which is elegant. This type of engagement ring is basically attractive as well as elegant.
They go well for working women.
Then there are antique diamond rings. These are also called Victorian rings. The designs of these rings are just like what was prevalent in the past. These diamond rings also look well if they go with some other stones. And if you want to give something priceless and sentimental to your lover, then you can gift her ancestral ring. Ancestral ring is the ring of your family, coming down since past. This ring must have been worn by your mother and grandmother. These rings are high in sentimental value and thus are considered priceless. Bit if you do not have such a family ring, then there is nothing to be upset over. You can buy for your fiancé or your wife unique engagement rings; who knows, one day; this ring can becomes an ancestral ring for your family.
So, what are you waiting for? If you are planning to walk the aisle with hand in hand with your lover, then begin the process by gifting her a diamond engagement ring. After all, diamonds are a woman's best friend.
Grading Rough Diamonds!
Not all vendors offer diamond grading lab records (aka diamond quality reports) to their customers. So my basic recommendations to you is to maintain your money in your pocket when taking care of such jewelry experts.
Only purchase a ruby interaction ring if it comes with the initial diamond top quality report.
A laboratory record is an independent analysis of the 4Cs of a loosened diamond and includes a plotted layout of the stone's clearness attributes and also a visuals depiction of the rock's percentages. Having such a report enables you to contrast diamonds of different high qualities and also inevitably aids you make a more informed getting decision.
A retailer may reduce edges and also not give a lab report or an unscrupulous vendor might give a fake one due to the time, problem as well as cost he'll bear to obtaining a stone graded.
Yeah - there is a rate for grading a ruby (though that expense is ultimately paid by the customer), plus the delivery and insurance charges for sending out the ruby to the lab. And let us not fail to remember the chance cost of a jeweler not having the ruby in his store for sale for a couple of weeks while the grading occurs.
However, a ruby grading report may additionally not be readily available because the costs to obtaining one may influence as well heavily on the last price of the ring. As an example, a 0.3 ct diamond ring costing $250 state, may cost around $75 to be graded and also have the report number etched on the band on the ruby. As you search for that suitable diamond interaction ring for your sweetie, you'll discover that there is an alphabet soup of laboratories asserting to provide reliable ruby grading records. However I would only put my loan on ...
The Premier Ruby Grading Laboratory News
Yes, all diamond high quality records are not produced equal. Within the market, it is an agreement that the two premier labs are GIA-GTL (Gemological Institute of The U.S.A.'s Gem Profession Laboratory) and the AGS (American Gem Culture Laboratories).
The GCAL (Treasure Qualification and Assurance Lab) also supplies highly regarded records or "ruby certificates" as they are referred to by GCAL. The GIA has the strongest worldwide reputation for freedom and consistency. Due to their continuous shade and also clarity strictness guidelines, the globe's largest as well as most expensive rubies have been sent there for grading years. In 2006, GIA-GTL added a two-dimensional cut grading system for rounded fantastic rubies.
AGS makes use of the strictest cut standards in the industry. It makes use of a three-dimensional light performance metric that can grade a number of ruby shapes. In reality, it is the only cut grading system that is recognized by the clinical neighborhood.
Exactly what is even more, its Diamond Quality Document utilizes an unique as well as proprietary 0 to 10 grading system to examine the 4 Cs - a system which is less complicated to comprehend than GIA's grading system. In truth, AGS even goes the extra action by corresponding their 0-10 ranking range to various other types of rating. For instance, the standard VS1 diamond clarity ranking is a 3 on the AGS Ruby Top Quality Record.
Ruby Coverage - The Drawbacks
1. Diamond grading is not standard or regulated and also hence you may stumble upon rate 2 laboratories that employ looser guidelines to the tier 1 grading laboratories mentioned over. If you purchase a ruby that has actually been graded by a tier 2 laboratory, you might finish up paying a lot more for a minimal quality diamond. So as an example, a ruby ranked a "F" in shade at a tier 2 laboratory could get a G, H, or lower shade score at an extra reputable laboratory. The sector likewise marks down diamonds rated by lower known laboratories by concerning 15-30% or more. So either you just get a ruby rated by a rate 1 lab or you accept that you could be acquiring a minimal high quality diamond compared to what is mentioned on the record if that diamond is graded by a lower well-known laboratory.
2. Numerous huge store have big agreements with minimal well-known labs with "softer" diamond grading guidelines. Some of these softer laboratories put "recommended substitute values" on the laboratory reports - worths which are above what shops plans offer the diamonds for. So a salesperson in a store may state to you, "Look at the good deal you are obtaining below. We are marketing you this diamond involvement ring for $2500 yet the record says that the suggested substitute worth is $4000." Wow - just what a bargain - NOT! This is why it is much better that you trust just independent tier 1 laboratories.
Additionally keep in mind that reliable diamond rating reports are not appraisals and do not supply appraisal figures. Diamond evaluations are often blatantly filled with air as well as are not something you'll wish to rely on.
3. Diamond reports are riddled with please notes that specify that absolutely nothing is "certified" or assured which the labs are not accountable for errors. In reality, the GIA offers a please note of types on their website regarding using the word "accredit." The internet site says:
"It is wrong to state that trainees, graduates, their organisations, or specific gems are "licensed" by GIA. The Gemological Institute of The U.S.A. does not certify anyone or anything. Neither a trainee nor a grad that has actually been awarded a certificate or diploma, nor a gem which has been rated or identified by GIA has been certified by GIA".
So it is possible that you the customer is left holding the bag ought to an inaccuracy in a report is later on discovered. Courts have actually often ruled that sellers, not laboratories, are liable for such mistakes. Why? Since the laboratories showed ahead of time that their reports could not be held liable.
Fortunately, there are a couple ways to give on your own more customer security:
A. You could fly to India where jewelry experts offer a lifetime buyback plan to their customers. Also expensive to fly?
B. You can locate among the 20% of US jewelry experts who market completely bonded rubies. These are diamonds that are offered with lifetime damage, life time trade-in as well as lifetime buyback plans.
C. Not as good a remedy as purchasing a completely bonded ruby yet you might buy a diamond that includes a real "certificate" as well as not a report. "Licensed rubies do include guaranties" albeit for much shorter durations.
Certification Some sellers refer to a "diamond report" as a "certified diamond" however practically this is not deal with. From a legal viewpoint, a ruby record is a just a skilled viewpoint though in reality, elements of a ruby grading record are not just viewpoints.
As an example, a diamond's carat (weight) could be properly identified as well as its cut quality by determining its optical performance or by describing a computer version. A certificate on the other hand is a declaration of truth - a record for which the issuer approves lawful obligation as well as will make restitution to the customer for blunders.
Some top diamond grading laboratories offer both reports as well as certificates. AGS supplies Diamond Top quality Records (non-certified records) and additionally Diamond Quality Certificates. Diamond Top quality Certifications are prepared exclusively for AGS retail jewelers and also provides guaranties from participating American Treasure Culture member stores.
GCAL accredits it's diamond grading additionally. Its 100% money-back assurance policy stands for a period of two years from the day on the relevant certification. This policy ensures the accuracy of the cut, color as well as clarity grades as well as the carat weight.
A record or certification should will certainly have a number on it that might or could not be inscribed on a diamond. You will have the ability to go into that number on the website of the licensing lab to inspect a report's validity.
Components Of A Diamond Grading Record Ruby grading reports are constantly evolving but specific component should remain the same. For instance, the:
The Record #. This number is given and also tape-recorded in a lab's document and may or might not be inscribed on a diamond's girdle. You could enter the report number on a rating laboratory's site to inspect the authenticity of the diamond high quality record or to obtain even more info regarding the ruby. Shape & Element Design: This is the synopsis and also the reducing style utilized for the aspect setup. There are 3 basic facet designs - "fantastic cut, step cut and also combined reducing style" as well as 12 fundamental shapes which consist of notables such as rounded fantastic and also princess cut" diamonds.
Dimensions: This refers to size (not weight) of a diamond. Size consists of measurements such as size, width, weight and size. A measurement is usually detailed to the hundredth of a millimeter. Measurements play a big role in how a ruby sparkles.
Carat weight Weight: The weight of a diamond is determined to the hundredth of a carat as well as some also offer such action to the thousandth of a carat weight (1.123 ct.). Carat weight is the most unbiased and the easiest to understand of the 4Cs since all one needs to do is weight the rock. Shade Grade: This tells you the level of color lack in the ruby. The much less color the higher the quality.
Rubies are normally graded from D-Z; the closer to "D" the whiter the ruby. You ought to never see diamond shade range such as (G-H, I-J-K, and more) on a diamond report. You must just see color arrays on appraisals for stones that are installed.
Clearness Quality: Practically every diamond has interior flaws called additions as well as outside imperfections called acnes. A ruby is rated according to the dimension, kind, location and amount of these defects.
Quality qualities vary from Remarkable (FL) - Included. Labs utilize a couple professionals to quality the clarity of a diamond in order to create a much more accurate analysis.
Cut Quality: Much more current diamond records consist of a cut grade for conventional round fantastic rubies. Cut takes into account the luster, fire as well as scintillation of the ruby. Cut grade ranges from Exceptional - Poor.
Other components you might discover on a diamond record include the gloss, proportion, fluorescence as well as proportion. Equipped with this info, you are much better able to earn an analysis of the quality of diamond that is placed in an engagement ring.