5 Tips on What To Look For When Buying Diamonds For Wedding Rings
A wedding, or an engagement in Hunters, is one of the most important events in every couple’s life. One of the best ways of making the experience memorable is by choosing the right ring to symbolize the love you have for one another. While most couples would like to get the most beautiful ring they can lay their hands on, budgetary restrictions can be a challenge. However, it is possible to find an ideal ring based on your budget.
For anyone looking for precious diamonds for engagement rings and wedding rings in Hunters, they should consider going about the process carefully. There are various dealers in the market, some of who may sell you fake diamonds. Here are a few useful tips on what to look for when looking for precious diamonds for engagement or wedding rings.
Consider the Diamond Cut
1. Any expert will tell you that the cut is the most important thing to consider when buying diamonds in Hunters. The main reason behind this is that the cut usually influences the sparkle. A diamond may be clear and feature a high quality color grade, but if the cut is poor, it may still appear dull. The dealer you buy from should be able to cut your diamond in the proper proportions. If your budget can allow it, choose a diamond with the highest cut grade.
2. Contrary to common belief, lack of color in your diamonds denotes a higher color grade. Some people go for pale yellow diamond, without knowing that it is low quality. To avoid such an experience, ask the diamond dealer to give you grade H or higher. Near colorless diamond ranges from grade G to J, but it may be quite expensive.
Clarity Diamonds can also be chosen based on their clarity levels.
3. This is usually not a very important factor to consider, considering that the precious stones usually come with imperfections, known as inclusions. These tiny imperfections may not be easy to detect, and they may only be seen through a microscope. However, the fewer there are, the higher the clarity grade of your diamonds. If your budget can be stretched further, consider buying grade VS1 grade or higher.
Consider the Diamond’s Carat Weight
4. Unlike common belief, carat does not mean the size of the diamond, but its actual weight. Carat and cut must be considered side by side, because no matter the size of the diamond, a poor cut grade can make your precious stones look smaller. Another important fact to keep in mind is that the more the weight of the diamond, the more you will pay for it. Therefore, you should consider going for a less heavy stone with a high grade cut.
Ask for Proof of Certification
5. There is nothing as unfortunate as buying diamonds for your special event only to realize that they are of poor quality, or that they were stolen. To avoid such an eventuality, always ask the dealer in Hunters to show you the copy of diamond certification.
With these tips, you should be able to make the right choice when buying precious diamonds in Hunters for you engagement or wedding.
Hunters How to Buy a Diamond And The 4 Biggest Mistakes When Buying a Diamond
For centuries, diamond has been used as an epitome of true love. It reflects love, affection, security, trust and a life long commitment. When you gift a diamond to a woman, let it be in the form of diamond engagement ring, you need not say the rest. It will make others understand that how much serious you are for her. It will portray your love in the best possible manner.
You can find a variety of diamond engagement rings at online jewelry stores. These diamond engagement rings come in many shapes and styles. It is apt to choose diamond as the stone for these engagement rings because diamond is considered beautiful and it is also the hardest of all substances present on the earth. This is primarily the reason why people consider it ominous and feel that wearing diamond can bring same kind of good luck in their lives. This has made diamond engagement ring, diamond solitaire ring, designer engagement ring, diamond engagement ring platinum, discount diamond engagement ring a pre determined gift for those involved in love.
Out of all rings, a ring with solitaire is considered the most appropriate symbol which can depict your love. The attraction with the solitaire is incomparable. Diamond solitaire rings are set in a prong setting with 4 to 8 claws. Prongs can mostly be seen in platinum, yet another very beautiful and attractive metal. In most of the cases platinum is considered, as it is generally thin, and makes the diamond more visible.
Then there is yet another form of diamond engagement rings, which is attractive as well as romantic. It is known as past, present future ring. These rings define love as eternal and something which was in the past will be in the present and will be there in the future. The ring actually consists of three stones of diamond. The design of the ring can be like a center piece of diamond with two pieces around, or the three pieces of diamond clustered together. Side stone diamond engagement rings are also one style of engagement rings, which is elegant. This type of engagement ring is basically attractive as well as elegant.
They go well for working women.
Then there are antique diamond rings. These are also called Victorian rings. The designs of these rings are just like what was prevalent in the past. These diamond rings also look well if they go with some other stones. And if you want to give something priceless and sentimental to your lover, then you can gift her ancestral ring. Ancestral ring is the ring of your family, coming down since past. This ring must have been worn by your mother and grandmother. These rings are high in sentimental value and thus are considered priceless. Bit if you do not have such a family ring, then there is nothing to be upset over. You can buy for your fiancé or your wife unique engagement rings; who knows, one day; this ring can becomes an ancestral ring for your family.
So, what are you waiting for? If you are planning to walk the aisle with hand in hand with your lover, then begin the process by gifting her a diamond engagement ring. After all, diamonds are a woman's best friend.
Acquiring Diamonds Online - Is This Online Jeweler Right For You?
Not all sellers give ruby grading laboratory reports (aka diamond top quality records) to their customers. So my general advice to you is to keep your loan in your pocket when taking care of such jewelry experts.
Just buy a ruby interaction ring if it features the original ruby top quality report.
A laboratory record is an independent assessment of the 4Cs of a loosened ruby and includes an outlined diagram of the rock's quality features and also a visuals depiction of the rock's proportions. Having such a record allows you to compare rubies of various qualities and eventually aids you make an even more notified acquiring choice.
A store might reduce corners and not give a laboratory report or an underhanded seller may offer a phony one due to the time, trouble as well as cost he'll birth to getting a stone rated.
Yeah - there is a price for grading a diamond (though that expense is eventually paid by the consumer), plus the delivery and also insurance fees for sending out the diamond to the laboratory. And let us not neglect the possibility expense of a jewelry expert not having the diamond in his store for sale for a couple of weeks while the grading happens.
Nevertheless, a ruby grading report could also not be offered due to the fact that the expenses to obtaining one could influence as well heavily on the last rate of the ring. For example, a 0.3 ct diamond ring costing $250 state, may set you back around $75 to be graded and also have the record number inscribed on the girdle on the diamond. As you look for that excellent ruby involvement ring for your sweetheart, you'll discover that there is a hodgepodge of labs asserting to provide reputable ruby rating reports. However I would only place my money on ...
The Premier Diamond Grading Lab Reports
Yes, all ruby top quality records are not created equal. Within the sector, it is an agreement that the 2 top labs are GIA-GTL (Gemological Institute of America's Gem Trade Laboratory) and the AGS (American Treasure Society Laboratories).
The GCAL (Treasure Certification as well as Assurance Laboratory) additionally provides very concerned reports or "ruby certificates" as they are described by GCAL. The GIA has the greatest international reputation for self-reliance as well as uniformity. Because of their consistent shade and also clarity strictness guidelines, the globe's largest as well as most pricey rubies have actually been sent there for rating decades. In 2006, GIA-GTL included a two-dimensional cut grading system for rounded fantastic diamonds.
AGS makes use of the strictest cut criteria in the market. It uses a three-dimensional light performance metric that can quality numerous ruby shapes. Actually, it is the only cut grading system that is acknowledged by the scientific area.
What is even more, its Diamond Top quality Record utilizes an unique and also exclusive 0 to 10 grading system to examine the 4 Cs - a system which is much easier to understand than GIA's grading system. Actually, AGS also goes the added step by equating their 0-10 score scale to various other kinds of ranking. For instance, the traditional VS1 diamond clarity score is a 3 on the AGS Ruby Quality Paper.
Diamond Reporting - The Drawbacks
1. Diamond grading is not standard or regulated and also hence you could encounter rate 2 laboratories that employ looser guidelines to the rate 1 grading laboratories discussed over. If you get a diamond that has been graded by a tier 2 laboratory, you may end up paying much more for a lesser high quality ruby. So as an example, a diamond rated a "F" in shade at a rate 2 lab might get a G, H, or lower shade rating at an extra reliable laboratory. The industry likewise marks down rubies graded by lower well-known labs by concerning 15-30% or even more. So either you just get a diamond rated by a tier 1 laboratory or you approve that you may be buying a lower top quality ruby compared to what is stated on the record if that ruby is graded by a lower recognized laboratory.
2. Numerous huge chain stores have big agreements with lesser well-known labs with "softer" diamond grading standards. Some of these softer labs placed "suggested substitute worths" on the lab records - values which are greater than just what shops plans sell the rubies for. So a salesperson in a chain store might claim to you, "Consider the large amount you are obtaining right here. We are marketing you this ruby engagement ring for $2500 yet the report states that the recommended replacement value is $4000." Wow - what an offer - NOT! This is why it is better that you rely on only independent tier 1 laboratories.
Also remember that respectable ruby grading records are not evaluations and do not provide evaluation figures. Diamond assessments are often blatantly filled with air and also are not something you'll desire to depend on.
3. Diamond records are filled with please notes that define that nothing is "certified" or assured which the laboratories are not liable for errors. In fact, the GIA supplies a disclaimer of sorts on their web site regarding making use of words "license." The web site states:
"It is inaccurate to state that trainees, graduates, their organisations, or specific gems are "accredited" by GIA. The Gemological Institute of America does not accredit anybody or anything. Neither a pupil nor a graduate who has actually been awarded a certification or diploma, neither a treasure which has actually been rated or identified by GIA has actually been certified by GIA".
So it is possible that you the consumer is left holding the bag should an error in a report is later on discovered. Courts have actually often ruled that vendors, not labs, are in charge of such errors. Why? Because the labs suggested ahead of time that their records could not be held accountable.
The good news is, there are a pair methods to give yourself more buyer defense:
A. You might fly to India where jewelry experts provide a life time buyback plan to their clients. Too costly to fly?
B. You might find among the 20% people jewelers who sell completely bonded diamonds. These are diamonds that are sold with lifetime breakage, life time trade-in as well as lifetime buyback plans.
C. Not as excellent a remedy as getting a totally adhered ruby however you could acquire a ruby that comes with an actual "certification" as well as not a report. "Licensed diamonds do feature guaranties" albeit for shorter periods.
Certification Some vendors describe a "ruby record" as a "licensed ruby" however technically this is not remedy. From a lawful perspective, a ruby report is a just a skilled viewpoint though in reality, elements of a diamond rating report are not just viewpoints.
As an example, a diamond's carat weight (weight) can be properly established in addition to its cut quality by gauging its optical efficiency or by describing a computer system design. A certification on the other hand is a statement of reality - a document for which the provider approves legal responsibility and also will certainly make restitution to the consumer for blunders.
Some leading ruby grading laboratories use both reports and also certificates. AGS uses Diamond Top quality Files (non-certified reports) as well as Diamond High quality Certificates. Diamond Quality Certificates are ready specifically for AGS retail jewelry experts and supplies guaranties from getting involved American Gem Society member shops.
GCAL licenses it's diamond grading also. Its 100% money-back guarantee policy is valid for a duration of two years from the date on the suitable certificate. This plan ensures the accuracy of the cut, color and clearness grades as well as the carat weight.
A record or certification need to will certainly have a number on it that could or may not be inscribed on a diamond. You will have the ability to go into that number on the internet site of the certifying lab to examine a record's legitimacy.
Elements Of A Ruby Grading Report Ruby rating reports are constantly developing but certain element needs to stay the same. For circumstances, the:
The Report #. This number is given and tape-recorded in a lab's document as well as may or could not be engraved on a ruby's girdle. You could go into the record number on a grading laboratory's internet site to check the credibility of the diamond quality report or to obtain more information about the diamond. Forming & Aspect Design: This is the outline and also the cutting design made use of for the element setup. There are 3 standard facet styles - "brilliant cut, step cut as well as mixed reducing style" as well as 12 fundamental forms which consist of notables such as round brilliant as well as princess cut" rubies.
Dimensions: This describes dimension (not weight) of a ruby. Dimension includes measurements such as length, width, weight and also diameter. A measurement is typically detailed to the hundredth of a millimeter. Measurements play a substantial duty in how a diamond glows.
Carat weight Weight: The weight of a diamond is determined to the hundredth of a carat weight as well as some even supply such procedure to the thousandth of a carat weight (1.123 ct.). Carat weight is one of the most objective and also the easiest to comprehend of the 4Cs since all one has to do is weight the rock. Color Grade: This tells you the level of color absence in the ruby. The much less shade the higher the grade.
Diamonds are typically rated from D-Z; the closer to "D" the whiter the diamond. You need to never ever see diamond shade array such as (G-H, I-J-K, and so forth) on a diamond report. You ought to just see color arrays on assessments for stones that are placed.
Clarity Grade: Virtually every ruby has actually interior imperfections called additions and also outside blemishes called blemishes. A diamond is rated inning accordance with the dimension, type, place and also quantity of these flaws.
Clarity grades range from Remarkable (FL) - Included. Labs make use of a couple specialists to grade the clearness of a ruby in order to create a more precise analysis.
Cut Quality: More current diamond reports include a cut grade for standard round great rubies. Cut takes into account the sparkle, fire and scintillation of the diamond. Cut quality varies from Excellent - Poor.
Other aspects you may encounter on a ruby report consist of the gloss, balance, fluorescence and percentage. Armed with this information, you are better able making an evaluation of the high quality of ruby that is mounted in an interaction ring.