5 Tips on What To Look For When Buying Diamonds For Wedding Rings
A wedding, or an engagement in Memphis, is one of the most important events in every couple’s life. One of the best ways of making the experience memorable is by choosing the right ring to symbolize the love you have for one another. While most couples would like to get the most beautiful ring they can lay their hands on, budgetary restrictions can be a challenge. However, it is possible to find an ideal ring based on your budget.
For anyone looking for precious diamonds for engagement rings and wedding rings in Memphis, they should consider going about the process carefully. There are various dealers in the market, some of who may sell you fake diamonds. Here are a few useful tips on what to look for when looking for precious diamonds for engagement or wedding rings.
Consider the Diamond Cut
1. Any expert will tell you that the cut is the most important thing to consider when buying diamonds in Memphis. The main reason behind this is that the cut usually influences the sparkle. A diamond may be clear and feature a high quality color grade, but if the cut is poor, it may still appear dull. The dealer you buy from should be able to cut your diamond in the proper proportions. If your budget can allow it, choose a diamond with the highest cut grade.
2. Contrary to common belief, lack of color in your diamonds denotes a higher color grade. Some people go for pale yellow diamond, without knowing that it is low quality. To avoid such an experience, ask the diamond dealer to give you grade H or higher. Near colorless diamond ranges from grade G to J, but it may be quite expensive.
Clarity Diamonds can also be chosen based on their clarity levels.
3. This is usually not a very important factor to consider, considering that the precious stones usually come with imperfections, known as inclusions. These tiny imperfections may not be easy to detect, and they may only be seen through a microscope. However, the fewer there are, the higher the clarity grade of your diamonds. If your budget can be stretched further, consider buying grade VS1 grade or higher.
Consider the Diamond’s Carat Weight
4. Unlike common belief, carat does not mean the size of the diamond, but its actual weight. Carat and cut must be considered side by side, because no matter the size of the diamond, a poor cut grade can make your precious stones look smaller. Another important fact to keep in mind is that the more the weight of the diamond, the more you will pay for it. Therefore, you should consider going for a less heavy stone with a high grade cut.
Ask for Proof of Certification
5. There is nothing as unfortunate as buying diamonds for your special event only to realize that they are of poor quality, or that they were stolen. To avoid such an eventuality, always ask the dealer in Memphis to show you the copy of diamond certification.
With these tips, you should be able to make the right choice when buying precious diamonds in Memphis for you engagement or wedding.
Memphis How to Buy a Diamond And The 4 Biggest Mistakes When Buying a Diamond
For centuries, diamond has been used as an epitome of true love. It reflects love, affection, security, trust and a life long commitment. When you gift a diamond to a woman, let it be in the form of diamond engagement ring, you need not say the rest. It will make others understand that how much serious you are for her. It will portray your love in the best possible manner.
You can find a variety of diamond engagement rings at online jewelry stores. These diamond engagement rings come in many shapes and styles. It is apt to choose diamond as the stone for these engagement rings because diamond is considered beautiful and it is also the hardest of all substances present on the earth. This is primarily the reason why people consider it ominous and feel that wearing diamond can bring same kind of good luck in their lives. This has made diamond engagement ring, diamond solitaire ring, designer engagement ring, diamond engagement ring platinum, discount diamond engagement ring a pre determined gift for those involved in love.
Out of all rings, a ring with solitaire is considered the most appropriate symbol which can depict your love. The attraction with the solitaire is incomparable. Diamond solitaire rings are set in a prong setting with 4 to 8 claws. Prongs can mostly be seen in platinum, yet another very beautiful and attractive metal. In most of the cases platinum is considered, as it is generally thin, and makes the diamond more visible.
Then there is yet another form of diamond engagement rings, which is attractive as well as romantic. It is known as past, present future ring. These rings define love as eternal and something which was in the past will be in the present and will be there in the future. The ring actually consists of three stones of diamond. The design of the ring can be like a center piece of diamond with two pieces around, or the three pieces of diamond clustered together. Side stone diamond engagement rings are also one style of engagement rings, which is elegant. This type of engagement ring is basically attractive as well as elegant.
They go well for working women.
Then there are antique diamond rings. These are also called Victorian rings. The designs of these rings are just like what was prevalent in the past. These diamond rings also look well if they go with some other stones. And if you want to give something priceless and sentimental to your lover, then you can gift her ancestral ring. Ancestral ring is the ring of your family, coming down since past. This ring must have been worn by your mother and grandmother. These rings are high in sentimental value and thus are considered priceless. Bit if you do not have such a family ring, then there is nothing to be upset over. You can buy for your fiancé or your wife unique engagement rings; who knows, one day; this ring can becomes an ancestral ring for your family.
So, what are you waiting for? If you are planning to walk the aisle with hand in hand with your lover, then begin the process by gifting her a diamond engagement ring. After all, diamonds are a woman's best friend.
The Best Ways To Buy Diamonds When Getting Wholesale.
Not all vendors offer diamond grading laboratory records (aka diamond high quality records) to their consumers. So my general guidance to you is to keep your money in your pocket when managing such jewelry experts.
Only acquire a diamond involvement ring if it features the initial ruby top quality record.
A laboratory report is an independent assessment of the 4Cs of a loosened ruby and also includes an outlined representation of the stone's clarity characteristics and also a graphic representation of the stone's percentages. Having such a record enables you to contrast rubies of different qualities and also eventually assists you make an even more notified getting decision.
A seller may reduce edges and also not provide a lab report or an unethical seller might supply a fake one since of the time, problem and also expense he'll bear to obtaining a stone rated.
Yeah - there is a rate for grading a ruby (though that cost is eventually paid by the customer), plus the shipping as well as insurance policy costs for sending the ruby to the lab. And also allow us not fail to remember the opportunity cost of a jeweler not having the ruby in his store available for a couple of weeks while the grading happens.
However, a diamond grading report may also not be readily available since the prices to obtaining one may impact too greatly on the final cost of the ring. As an example, a 0.3 ct ruby ring setting you back $250 say, might set you back around $75 to be rated as well as have the report number inscribed on the girdle on the ruby. As you look for that suitable ruby involvement ring for your sweetie, you'll discover that there is a hodgepodge of labs claiming to offer credible ruby grading reports. Yet I would only put my money on ...
The Premier Ruby Grading Lab News
Yes, all diamond quality records are not developed equal. Within the industry, it is a consensus that both top laboratories are GIA-GTL (Gemological Institute of America's Gem Trade Laboratory) as well as the AGS (American Gem Culture Laboratories).
The GCAL (Gem Certification as well as Assurance Laboratory) additionally offers extremely related to records or "ruby certifications" as they are referred to by GCAL. The GIA has the greatest global reputation for self-reliance and uniformity. Due to their consistent color as well as clarity strictness guidelines, the globe's biggest and also most pricey diamonds have actually been sent out there for grading years. In 2006, GIA-GTL included a two-dimensional cut grading system for rounded brilliant diamonds.
AGS makes use of the strictest cut criteria in the market. It utilizes a three-dimensional light performance metric that could quality a number of diamond shapes. Actually, it is the only cut grading system that is recognized by the scientific community.
Exactly what is more, its Diamond Quality Record uses an unique and also exclusive 0 to 10 grading system to examine the 4 Cs - a system which is easier to comprehend compared to GIA's grading system. As a matter of fact, AGS also goes the extra step by relating their 0-10 rating scale to various other types of score. As an example, the traditional VS1 ruby clearness score is a 3 on the AGS Ruby Quality File.
Ruby Reporting - The Drawbacks
1. Ruby grading is not standard or regulated and thus you may come across tier 2 laboratories that utilize looser guidelines to the rate 1 grading labs pointed out above. If you acquire a diamond that has actually been graded by a tier 2 lab, you might end up paying a lot more for a lower high quality ruby. So as an example, a diamond ranked a "F" in shade at a rate 2 laboratory might get a G, H, or reduced shade score at a much more trusted lab. The industry likewise marks down diamonds graded by lesser known laboratories by about 15-30% or more. So either you only get a diamond rated by a rate 1 laboratory or you accept that you could be getting a minimal top quality ruby than just what is specified on the record if that diamond is rated by a lesser well-known laboratory.
2. Several huge chain shops have substantial agreements with minimal known laboratories with "softer" diamond grading guidelines. Several of these softer labs placed "recommended replacement values" on the laboratory reports - values which are greater compared to exactly what stores intends sell the rubies for. So a salesman in a store may state to you, "Check out the excellent offer you are getting right here. We are marketing you this ruby interaction ring for $2500 but the report says that the suggested substitute worth is $4000." Wow - just what an offer - NOT! This is why it is better that you trust only independent tier 1 laboratories.
Additionally bear in mind that reliable diamond rating records are not appraisals and don't use appraisal figures. Ruby appraisals are usually blatantly inflated and also are not something you'll wish to depend on.
3. Diamond records are riddled with please notes that define that nothing is "accredited" or ensured as well as that the labs are not responsible for mistakes. Actually, the GIA offers a disclaimer of kinds on their website regarding making use of the word "certify." The site states:
"It is incorrect to state that students, grads, their services, or particular gemstones are "licensed" by GIA. The Gemological Institute of America does not license anybody or anything. Neither a trainee nor a graduate that has actually been granted a certificate or diploma, nor a gem which has been graded or determined by GIA has actually been certified by GIA".
So it is possible that you the customer is left holding the bag must a mistake in a record is later uncovered. Courts have frequently ruled that sellers, not labs, are in charge of such mistakes. Why? Since the laboratories indicated beforehand that their reports couldn't be held liable.
Fortunately, there are a couple methods to provide yourself a lot more purchaser protection:
A. You could fly to India where jewelry experts offer a lifetime buyback policy to their customers. Too expensive to fly?
B. You could locate among the 20% of US jewelry experts who market completely bound diamonds. These are diamonds that are offered with lifetime breakage, life time trade-in as well as life time buyback policies.
C. Not as excellent a treatment as acquiring a fully adhered diamond but you can buy a diamond that has an actual "certificate" and also not a record. "Licensed diamonds do have guaranties" albeit for much shorter durations.
Qualification Some vendors describe a "diamond record" as a "qualified diamond" yet practically this is not deal with. From a legal viewpoint, a ruby record is a just a professional viewpoint though in reality, facets of a ruby rating report are not just opinions.
As an example, a diamond's carat (weight) could be properly determined along with its cut quality by measuring its optical performance or by describing a computer system version. A certificate on the various other hand is a statement of reality - a file for which the provider accepts lawful responsibility as well as will certainly make restitution to the consumer for errors.
Some top ruby grading labs supply both records and certificates. AGS provides Diamond Top quality Files (non-certified reports) and also Ruby Quality Certificates. Diamond Quality Certificates are ready specifically for AGS retail jewelers as well as provides warranties from getting involved American Treasure Culture participant shops.
GCAL certifies it's diamond grading also. Its 100% money-back guarantee policy is legitimate for a duration of 2 years from the day on the relevant certificate. This policy guarantees the precision of the cut, shade and clarity grades and also the carat weight.
A record or certificate should will certainly have a number on it that could or might not be etched on a ruby. You will certainly have the ability to go into that number on the internet site of the certifying laboratory to check a record's validity.
Aspects Of A Diamond Grading Report Ruby rating records are constantly progressing yet certain element ought to stay the exact same. As an example, the:
The Record #. This number is given as well as taped in a laboratory's record and could or could not be etched on a ruby's band. You can enter the report number on a rating lab's internet site to check the authenticity of the diamond quality record or to get more information regarding the ruby. Forming & Aspect Design: This is the rundown and the cutting design used for the facet arrangement. There are 3 basic element styles - "great cut, step cut and mixed reducing design" as well as 12 basic forms which consist of notables such as rounded dazzling and also princess cut" diamonds.
Measurements: This refers to dimension (not weight) of a diamond. Size consists of dimensions such as size, width, weight as well as size. A dimension is typically noted to the hundredth of a millimeter. Measurements play a big function in how a ruby glows.
Carat weight Weight: The weight of a ruby is determined to the hundredth of a carat weight and some also provide such procedure to the thousandth of a carat (1.123 ct.). Carat weight is the most unbiased and the simplest to recognize of the 4Cs due to the fact that all one has to do is weight the stone. Shade Grade: This informs you the degree of color lack in the diamond. The less shade the higher the grade.
Diamonds are commonly rated from D-Z; the closer to "D" the whiter the diamond. You need to never ever see diamond shade array such as (G-H, I-J-K, as well as so on) on a diamond record. You should only see color ranges on appraisals for rocks that are installed.
Quality Grade: Practically every diamond has internal imperfections called incorporations and also exterior flaws called blemishes. A diamond is graded according to the dimension, type, area as well as amount of these imperfections.
Quality grades range from Remarkable (FL) - Included. Labs make use of a couple experts to grade the quality of a diamond in order to develop a more exact reading.
Cut Grade: Much more current diamond reports include a cut quality for conventional round fantastic rubies. Cut thinks about the sparkle, fire as well as scintillation of the ruby. Cut quality ranges from Exceptional - Poor.
Various other elements you might discover on a ruby report include the gloss, symmetry, fluorescence and percentage. Equipped with this info, you are much better able to make an evaluation of the top quality of ruby that is mounted in an engagement ring.