5 Tips on What To Look For When Buying Diamonds For Wedding Rings
A wedding, or an engagement in Lexington, is one of the most important events in every couple’s life. One of the best ways of making the experience memorable is by choosing the right ring to symbolize the love you have for one another. While most couples would like to get the most beautiful ring they can lay their hands on, budgetary restrictions can be a challenge. However, it is possible to find an ideal ring based on your budget.
For anyone looking for precious diamonds for engagement rings and wedding rings in Lexington, they should consider going about the process carefully. There are various dealers in the market, some of who may sell you fake diamonds. Here are a few useful tips on what to look for when looking for precious diamonds for engagement or wedding rings.
Consider the Diamond Cut
1. Any expert will tell you that the cut is the most important thing to consider when buying diamonds in Lexington. The main reason behind this is that the cut usually influences the sparkle. A diamond may be clear and feature a high quality color grade, but if the cut is poor, it may still appear dull. The dealer you buy from should be able to cut your diamond in the proper proportions. If your budget can allow it, choose a diamond with the highest cut grade.
2. Contrary to common belief, lack of color in your diamonds denotes a higher color grade. Some people go for pale yellow diamond, without knowing that it is low quality. To avoid such an experience, ask the diamond dealer to give you grade H or higher. Near colorless diamond ranges from grade G to J, but it may be quite expensive.
Clarity Diamonds can also be chosen based on their clarity levels.
3. This is usually not a very important factor to consider, considering that the precious stones usually come with imperfections, known as inclusions. These tiny imperfections may not be easy to detect, and they may only be seen through a microscope. However, the fewer there are, the higher the clarity grade of your diamonds. If your budget can be stretched further, consider buying grade VS1 grade or higher.
Consider the Diamond’s Carat Weight
4. Unlike common belief, carat does not mean the size of the diamond, but its actual weight. Carat and cut must be considered side by side, because no matter the size of the diamond, a poor cut grade can make your precious stones look smaller. Another important fact to keep in mind is that the more the weight of the diamond, the more you will pay for it. Therefore, you should consider going for a less heavy stone with a high grade cut.
Ask for Proof of Certification
5. There is nothing as unfortunate as buying diamonds for your special event only to realize that they are of poor quality, or that they were stolen. To avoid such an eventuality, always ask the dealer in Lexington to show you the copy of diamond certification.
With these tips, you should be able to make the right choice when buying precious diamonds in Lexington for you engagement or wedding.
Lexington How to Buy a Diamond And The 4 Biggest Mistakes When Buying a Diamond
Not all sellers give diamond grading lab reports (aka ruby high quality reports) to their customers. So my general advice to you is to keep your loan in your pocket when dealing with such jewelry experts.
Just acquire a ruby interaction ring if it features the original ruby high quality report.
A lab report is an independent analysis of the 4Cs of a loosened ruby and also includes a plotted layout of the rock's quality characteristics as well as a visuals representation of the stone's proportions. Having such a report enables you to compare diamonds of different top qualities as well as eventually helps you make an even more notified purchasing choice.
A merchant could reduce corners as well as not provide a laboratory report or an unethical seller might supply a fake one as a result of the moment, problem and cost he'll birth to obtaining a rock rated.
Yeah - there is a cost for grading a ruby (though that expense is ultimately paid by the consumer), plus the delivery and insurance coverage fees for sending the ruby to the laboratory. As well as let us not fail to remember the chance cost of a jewelry expert not having the diamond in his shop up for sale for a few weeks while the grading takes location.
However, a diamond rating record could likewise not be offered because the expenses to obtaining one could influence also heavily on the final price of the ring. For instance, a 0.3 ct diamond ring setting you back $250 say, may cost around $75 to be rated and have the record number etched on the girdle on the ruby. As you look for that optimal diamond interaction ring for your sweetie, you'll discover that there is a hodgepodge of laboratories asserting to supply respectable ruby rating reports. Yet I would only put my cash on ...
The Premier Diamond Grading Lab Reports
Yes, all ruby top quality reports are not developed equal. Within the industry, it is an agreement that both leading laboratories are GIA-GTL (Gemological Institute of The U.S.A.'s Gem Trade Laboratory) as well as the AGS (American Treasure Society Laboratories).
The GCAL (Gem Qualification as well as Guarantee Laboratory) additionally supplies very concerned reports or "ruby certifications" as they are referred to by GCAL. The GIA has the greatest worldwide online reputation for freedom and also consistency. As a result of their continuous shade and clarity strictness guidelines, the globe's largest as well as most pricey rubies have been sent out there for grading years. In 2006, GIA-GTL included a two-dimensional cut grading system for rounded brilliant diamonds.
AGS makes use of the most strict cut requirements in the industry. It uses a three-dimensional light efficiency metric that can grade numerous ruby shapes. In fact, it is the only cut grading system that is acknowledged by the clinical community.
Exactly what is even more, its Ruby Top quality Document utilizes an one-of-a-kind and proprietary 0 to 10 grading system to review the 4 Cs - a system which is less complicated to understand compared to GIA's grading system. In truth, AGS also goes the added action by equating their 0-10 score range to other types of rating. For example, the conventional VS1 ruby clarity rating is a 3 on the AGS Ruby High Quality Record.
Diamond Coverage - The Drawbacks
1. Ruby grading is not standard or regulated as well as thus you might find tier 2 laboratories that use looser guidelines to the tier 1 grading labs pointed out over. If you buy a ruby that has actually been rated by a rate 2 laboratory, you might end up paying more for a minimal top quality ruby. So for instance, a ruby ranked a "F" in shade at a tier 2 laboratory may obtain a G, H, or lower color ranking at a more respectable laboratory. The market additionally marks down rubies graded by minimal well-known labs by regarding 15-30% or more. So either you just buy a ruby graded by a tier 1 lab or you accept that you might be getting a minimal quality diamond compared to exactly what is specified on the record if that ruby is rated by a lesser recognized laboratory.
2. Numerous large chain shops have huge agreements with lower recognized labs with "softer" diamond grading standards. Some of these softer labs put "suggested substitute values" on the laboratory records - values which are greater than just what shops intends market the rubies for. So a sales representative in a store could state to you, "Consider the fantastic bargain you are getting below. We are marketing you this ruby engagement ring for $2500 but the report states that the recommended substitute worth is $4000." Wow - what an offer - NOT! This is why it is better that you rely on only independent tier 1 labs.
Also remember that trusted ruby grading reports are not evaluations and also do not use evaluation figures. Ruby appraisals are often grossly filled with air as well as are not something you'll wish to depend on.
3. Ruby records are filled with disclaimers that define that absolutely nothing is "accredited" or assured and also that the laboratories are not answerable for mistakes. As a matter of fact, the GIA supplies a please note of types on their web site regarding the use of the word "certify." The web site says:
"It is wrong to state that pupils, graduates, their businesses, or particular gemstones are "accredited" by GIA. The Gemological Institute of America does not certify anybody or anything. Neither a pupil nor a grad who has been granted a certificate or diploma, nor a treasure which has been rated or identified by GIA has actually been licensed by GIA".
So it is feasible that you the customer is left holding the bag must a mistake in a report is later uncovered. Courts have actually often ruled that sellers, not laboratories, are in charge of such errors. Why? Since the labs indicated ahead of time that their reports couldn't be held responsible.
The good news is, there are a pair ways to provide yourself more purchaser protection:
A. You might fly to India where jewelry experts supply a life time buyback policy to their consumers. Too pricey to fly?
B. You could locate among the 20% of United States jewelry experts who offer totally bonded diamonds. These are rubies that are sold with life time damage, life time trade-in and also life time buyback plans.
C. Not as good a solution as acquiring a completely bound ruby however you can buy a ruby that includes a real "certification" and not a record. "Certified diamonds do feature warranties" albeit for shorter durations.
Accreditation Some vendors refer to a "diamond record" as a "certified ruby" but practically this is not deal with. From a lawful perspective, a diamond record is a just an expert point of view though in reality, elements of a ruby rating report are not simply viewpoints.
As an example, a ruby's carat weight (weight) could be properly identified along with its cut grade by gauging its optical efficiency or by referring to a computer design. A certification on the other hand is a statement of fact - a document for which the issuer approves lawful responsibility and will certainly make restitution to the customer for mistakes.
Some leading diamond grading labs offer both records and certifications. AGS provides Diamond High quality Files (non-certified reports) and Ruby Quality Certificates. Ruby Top quality Certifications are ready solely for AGS retail jewelry experts and offers guaranties from participating American Gem Culture member shops.
GCAL licenses it's diamond grading likewise. Its 100% money-back guarantee plan stands for a period of 2 years from the day on the suitable certificate. This plan guarantees the accuracy of the cut, color as well as clarity qualities and the carat weight.
A report or certification should will have a number on it that could or may not be etched on a ruby. You will be able to get in that number on the site of the accrediting laboratory to examine a record's validity.
Components Of A Diamond Grading Record Ruby grading records are constantly advancing however certain aspect ought to remain the very same. As an example, the:
The Record #. This number is given and also tape-recorded in a laboratory's document and might or may not be etched on a diamond's band. You could get in the report number on a rating lab's internet site to examine the credibility of the diamond quality report or to obtain even more details concerning the ruby. Shape & Element Design: This is the rundown as well as the reducing style used for the aspect plan. There are 3 fundamental facet styles - "brilliant cut, step cut and mixed cutting design" as well as 12 basic shapes that include notables such as round brilliant and also princess cut" diamonds.
Dimensions: This refers to dimension (not weight) of a ruby. Dimension consists of measurements such as size, size, weight and also size. A measurement is commonly noted to the hundredth of a millimeter. Measurements play a big role in exactly how a ruby shines.
Carat weight Weight: The weight of a diamond is measured to the hundredth of a carat and some also give such measure to the thousandth of a carat weight (1.123 ct.). Carat is one of the most unbiased as well as the most convenient to comprehend of the 4Cs because all one needs to do is weight the stone. Color Quality: This tells you the degree of shade lack in the ruby. The much less color the greater the quality.
Diamonds are generally graded from D-Z; the closer to "D" the whiter the diamond. You must never see diamond color variety such as (G-H, I-J-K, and more) on a ruby report. You need to just see color arrays on assessments for rocks that are placed.
Quality Quality: Virtually every diamond has actually inner flaws called inclusions and also exterior imperfections called acnes. A ruby is graded inning accordance with the dimension, type, place and amount of these problems.
Quality grades vary from Flawless (FL) - Included. Labs utilize a pair specialists to grade the clearness of a diamond in order to create a much more accurate reading.
Cut Grade: Extra recent diamond records consist of a cut quality for basic round great rubies. Cut thinks about the sparkle, fire as well as scintillation of the ruby. Cut quality ranges from Exceptional - Poor.
Other elements you could discover on a diamond report include the polish, balance, fluorescence and percentage. Armed with this details, you are better able to make an assessment of the quality of ruby that is mounted in an involvement ring.
Beginning With the Fundamentals When Fascinated in Buying Diamond Precious Jewelry.
For centuries, diamond has been used as an epitome of true love. It reflects love, affection, security, trust and a life long commitment. When you gift a diamond to a woman, let it be in the form of diamond engagement ring, you need not say the rest. It will make others understand that how much serious you are for her. It will portray your love in the best possible manner.
You can find a variety of diamond engagement rings at online jewelry stores. These diamond engagement rings come in many shapes and styles. It is apt to choose diamond as the stone for these engagement rings because diamond is considered beautiful and it is also the hardest of all substances present on the earth. This is primarily the reason why people consider it ominous and feel that wearing diamond can bring same kind of good luck in their lives. This has made diamond engagement ring, diamond solitaire ring, designer engagement ring, diamond engagement ring platinum, discount diamond engagement ring a pre determined gift for those involved in love.
Out of all rings, a ring with solitaire is considered the most appropriate symbol which can depict your love. The attraction with the solitaire is incomparable. Diamond solitaire rings are set in a prong setting with 4 to 8 claws. Prongs can mostly be seen in platinum, yet another very beautiful and attractive metal. In most of the cases platinum is considered, as it is generally thin, and makes the diamond more visible.
Then there is yet another form of diamond engagement rings, which is attractive as well as romantic. It is known as past, present future ring. These rings define love as eternal and something which was in the past will be in the present and will be there in the future. The ring actually consists of three stones of diamond. The design of the ring can be like a center piece of diamond with two pieces around, or the three pieces of diamond clustered together. Side stone diamond engagement rings are also one style of engagement rings, which is elegant. This type of engagement ring is basically attractive as well as elegant.
They go well for working women.
Then there are antique diamond rings. These are also called Victorian rings. The designs of these rings are just like what was prevalent in the past. These diamond rings also look well if they go with some other stones. And if you want to give something priceless and sentimental to your lover, then you can gift her ancestral ring. Ancestral ring is the ring of your family, coming down since past. This ring must have been worn by your mother and grandmother. These rings are high in sentimental value and thus are considered priceless. Bit if you do not have such a family ring, then there is nothing to be upset over. You can buy for your fiancé or your wife unique engagement rings; who knows, one day; this ring can becomes an ancestral ring for your family.
So, what are you waiting for? If you are planning to walk the aisle with hand in hand with your lover, then begin the process by gifting her a diamond engagement ring. After all, diamonds are a woman's best friend.