5 Tips on What To Look For When Buying Diamonds For Wedding Rings
A wedding, or an engagement in Copenhagen, is one of the most important events in every couple’s life. One of the best ways of making the experience memorable is by choosing the right ring to symbolize the love you have for one another. While most couples would like to get the most beautiful ring they can lay their hands on, budgetary restrictions can be a challenge. However, it is possible to find an ideal ring based on your budget.
For anyone looking for precious diamonds for engagement rings and wedding rings in Copenhagen, they should consider going about the process carefully. There are various dealers in the market, some of who may sell you fake diamonds. Here are a few useful tips on what to look for when looking for precious diamonds for engagement or wedding rings.
Consider the Diamond Cut
1. Any expert will tell you that the cut is the most important thing to consider when buying diamonds in Copenhagen. The main reason behind this is that the cut usually influences the sparkle. A diamond may be clear and feature a high quality color grade, but if the cut is poor, it may still appear dull. The dealer you buy from should be able to cut your diamond in the proper proportions. If your budget can allow it, choose a diamond with the highest cut grade.
2. Contrary to common belief, lack of color in your diamonds denotes a higher color grade. Some people go for pale yellow diamond, without knowing that it is low quality. To avoid such an experience, ask the diamond dealer to give you grade H or higher. Near colorless diamond ranges from grade G to J, but it may be quite expensive.
Clarity Diamonds can also be chosen based on their clarity levels.
3. This is usually not a very important factor to consider, considering that the precious stones usually come with imperfections, known as inclusions. These tiny imperfections may not be easy to detect, and they may only be seen through a microscope. However, the fewer there are, the higher the clarity grade of your diamonds. If your budget can be stretched further, consider buying grade VS1 grade or higher.
Consider the Diamond’s Carat Weight
4. Unlike common belief, carat does not mean the size of the diamond, but its actual weight. Carat and cut must be considered side by side, because no matter the size of the diamond, a poor cut grade can make your precious stones look smaller. Another important fact to keep in mind is that the more the weight of the diamond, the more you will pay for it. Therefore, you should consider going for a less heavy stone with a high grade cut.
Ask for Proof of Certification
5. There is nothing as unfortunate as buying diamonds for your special event only to realize that they are of poor quality, or that they were stolen. To avoid such an eventuality, always ask the dealer in Copenhagen to show you the copy of diamond certification.
With these tips, you should be able to make the right choice when buying precious diamonds in Copenhagen for you engagement or wedding.
Copenhagen How to Buy a Diamond And The 4 Biggest Mistakes When Buying a Diamond
Not all sellers give diamond grading laboratory records (aka diamond top quality reports) to their customers. So my basic guidance to you is to maintain your cash in your pocket when dealing with such jewelers.
Just purchase a ruby engagement ring if it includes the original ruby high quality report.
A lab record is an independent analysis of the 4Cs of a loosened diamond and also includes a plotted representation of the stone's clearness attributes and also a graphic depiction of the stone's percentages. Having such a report enables you to compare rubies of different top qualities and also eventually aids you make a more educated getting choice.
A seller could cut edges and not offer a lab record or a dishonest vendor could give a fake one as a result of the moment, difficulty and also cost he'll bear to obtaining a rock rated.
Yeah - there is a price for rating a diamond (though that cost is ultimately paid by the customer), plus the shipping and insurance charges for sending out the diamond to the lab. And allow us not fail to remember the possibility price of a jeweler not having the ruby in his shop offer for sale for a couple of weeks while the grading occurs.
However, a ruby rating report may also not be readily available due to the fact that the costs to obtaining one may impact too greatly on the final cost of the ring. For example, a 0.3 ct diamond ring setting you back $250 state, may cost around $75 to be rated as well as have the record number engraved on the band on the diamond. As you look for that suitable diamond interaction ring for your sweetie, you'll find that there is a hodgepodge of laboratories asserting to offer trustworthy ruby rating records. However I would only place my money on ...
The Premier Ruby Grading Lab Reports
Yes, all diamond quality records are not developed equal. Within the industry, it is an agreement that both top laboratories are GIA-GTL (Gemological Institute of The U.S.A.'s Gem Trade Lab) and the AGS (American Treasure Culture Laboratories).
The GCAL (Gem Certification and Assurance Lab) also uses extremely regarded records or "ruby certifications" as they are described by GCAL. The GIA has the strongest international credibility for self-reliance as well as consistency. Because of their consistent shade as well as clarity strictness standards, the world's largest as well as most pricey rubies have been sent there for rating years. In 2006, GIA-GTL added a two-dimensional cut grading system for round brilliant rubies.
AGS makes use of the most strict cut standards in the sector. It uses a three-dimensional light performance metric that could grade numerous ruby forms. As a matter of fact, it is the only cut grading system that is recognized by the clinical community.
Just what is more, its Ruby High quality File makes use of a distinct as well as proprietary 0 to 10 grading system to assess the 4 Cs - a system which is simpler to comprehend than GIA's grading system. As a matter of fact, AGS even goes the added action by corresponding their 0-10 ranking scale to various other types of score. As an example, the conventional VS1 ruby quality rating is a 3 on the AGS Ruby Top Quality File.
Diamond Coverage - The Drawbacks
1. Diamond grading is not standardized or controlled and therefore you may find rate 2 laboratories that use looser guidelines to the tier 1 grading laboratories pointed out over. If you buy a ruby that has actually been graded by a rate 2 laboratory, you may end up paying more for a minimal quality diamond. So for instance, a diamond ranked a "F" in shade at a rate 2 lab may get a G, H, or reduced color score at a much more trustworthy laboratory. The industry also discounts diamonds graded by lower recognized laboratories by about 15-30% or more. So either you just purchase a ruby rated by a tier 1 lab or you approve that you may be buying a lesser high quality diamond compared to just what is mentioned on the record if that ruby is rated by a lower well-known lab.
2. Numerous large chain stores have substantial agreements with minimal recognized laboratories with "softer" diamond grading standards. A few of these softer labs put "suggested substitute worths" on the lab reports - values which are above just what shops plans offer the rubies for. So a sales representative in a chain shop might claim to you, "Consider the large amount you are getting here. We are selling you this ruby engagement ring for $2500 however the record states that the suggested replacement value is $4000." Wow - exactly what an offer - NOT! This is why it is much better that you trust just independent rate 1 labs.
Likewise bear in mind that trusted diamond grading reports are not assessments as well as don't offer assessment figures. Diamond appraisals are often grossly filled with air as well as are not something you'll want to count on.
3. Ruby records are filled with disclaimers that specify that absolutely nothing is "accredited" or ensured which the laboratories are not answerable for mistakes. As a matter of fact, the GIA uses a please note of kinds on their internet site pertaining to using the word "certify." The site states:
"It is inaccurate to state that students, grads, their companies, or particular gemstones are "certified" by GIA. The Gemological Institute of The U.S.A. does not accredit anybody or anything. Neither a trainee neither a graduate who has actually been granted a certificate or diploma, neither a treasure which has actually been graded or recognized by GIA has actually been licensed by GIA".
So it is possible that you the consumer is left holding the bag must an error in a record is later uncovered. Courts have regularly ruled that vendors, not laboratories, are accountable for such mistakes. Why? Because the laboratories indicated ahead of time that their records could not be held accountable.
Luckily, there are a couple methods to offer yourself extra customer security:
A. You could fly to India where jewelers provide a lifetime buyback plan to their consumers. As well costly to fly?
B. You can locate one of the 20% of US jewelry experts that offer totally bound rubies. These are diamonds that are offered with life time breakage, lifetime trade-in and also lifetime buyback plans.
C. Not as great a treatment as getting a fully adhered ruby however you might buy a ruby that has a real "certificate" and not a report. "Qualified rubies do include warranties" albeit for shorter durations.
Accreditation Some sellers refer to a "ruby record" as a "qualified diamond" but technically this is not fix. From a legal standpoint, a diamond record is a merely an expert opinion though in reality, aspects of a diamond rating report are not simply viewpoints.
For instance, a ruby's carat weight (weight) can be accurately established in addition to its cut quality by gauging its optical efficiency or by referring to a computer version. A certificate on the other hand is a statement of reality - a file for which the provider accepts legal obligation and also will make restitution to the customer for errors.
Some leading diamond grading labs provide both records as well as certifications. AGS supplies Diamond High quality Files (non-certified reports) and Diamond Top quality Certificates. Ruby Top quality Certificates are prepared solely for AGS retail jewelry experts as well as offers guaranties from taking part American Gem Culture participant shops.
GCAL certifies it's ruby grading likewise. Its 100% money-back guarantee policy is valid for a duration of 2 years from the day on the appropriate certification. This policy guarantees the accuracy of the cut, color and also clearness qualities and also the carat weight.
A report or certification ought to will certainly have a number on it that might or may not be inscribed on a ruby. You will be able to get in that number on the internet site of the accrediting laboratory to check a report's legitimacy.
Elements Of A Ruby Grading Report Ruby grading reports are constantly progressing however particular component should remain the same. For circumstances, the:
The Record #. This number is offered and recorded in a laboratory's document and also could or might not be etched on a diamond's girdle. You could get in the record number on a rating lab's internet site to examine the credibility of the diamond quality record or to obtain more information concerning the diamond. Shape & Facet Style: This is the summary and the cutting design made use of for the aspect arrangement. There are 3 fundamental aspect designs - "brilliant cut, step cut as well as mixed reducing design" and also 12 standard forms that include notables such as rounded great and princess cut" rubies.
Measurements: This refers to dimension (not weight) of a diamond. Size consists of measurements such as length, size, weight and diameter. A dimension is typically noted to the hundredth of a millimeter. Dimensions play a big duty in just how a diamond glows.
Carat Weight: The weight of a diamond is measured to the hundredth of a carat and also some also give such action to the thousandth of a carat weight (1.123 ct.). Carat weight is one of the most unbiased and also the most convenient to understand of the 4Cs since all one has to do is weight the stone. Color Grade: This informs you the degree of color lack in the ruby. The less shade the greater the quality.
Rubies are usually rated from D-Z; the closer to "D" the whiter the diamond. You ought to never ever see diamond shade variety such as (G-H, I-J-K, and so forth) on a diamond record. You need to just see color arrays on appraisals for rocks that are installed.
Clarity Grade: Basically every ruby has interior blemishes called additions as well as external flaws called blemishes. A ruby is rated according to the dimension, kind, location as well as amount of these problems.
Clearness qualities range from Perfect (FL) - Consisted Of. Labs make use of a couple experts to quality the clarity of a ruby in order to develop a more exact analysis.
Cut Quality: More current ruby records consist of a cut grade for standard round fantastic diamonds. Cut takes right into consideration the sparkle, fire and also scintillation of the diamond. Cut quality varies from Outstanding - Poor.
Other elements you could come across on a ruby record include the polish, symmetry, fluorescence as well as proportion. Equipped with this info, you are much better able to make an evaluation of the top quality of ruby that is placed in an engagement ring.
How to Buy a Diamond And The 4 Biggest Mistakes When Buying a Diamond
For centuries, diamond has been used as an epitome of true love. It reflects love, affection, security, trust and a life long commitment. When you gift a diamond to a woman, let it be in the form of diamond engagement ring, you need not say the rest. It will make others understand that how much serious you are for her. It will portray your love in the best possible manner.
You can find a variety of diamond engagement rings at online jewelry stores. These diamond engagement rings come in many shapes and styles. It is apt to choose diamond as the stone for these engagement rings because diamond is considered beautiful and it is also the hardest of all substances present on the earth. This is primarily the reason why people consider it ominous and feel that wearing diamond can bring same kind of good luck in their lives. This has made diamond engagement ring, diamond solitaire ring, designer engagement ring, diamond engagement ring platinum, discount diamond engagement ring a pre determined gift for those involved in love.
Out of all rings, a ring with solitaire is considered the most appropriate symbol which can depict your love. The attraction with the solitaire is incomparable. Diamond solitaire rings are set in a prong setting with 4 to 8 claws. Prongs can mostly be seen in platinum, yet another very beautiful and attractive metal. In most of the cases platinum is considered, as it is generally thin, and makes the diamond more visible.
Then there is yet another form of diamond engagement rings, which is attractive as well as romantic. It is known as past, present future ring. These rings define love as eternal and something which was in the past will be in the present and will be there in the future. The ring actually consists of three stones of diamond. The design of the ring can be like a center piece of diamond with two pieces around, or the three pieces of diamond clustered together. Side stone diamond engagement rings are also one style of engagement rings, which is elegant. This type of engagement ring is basically attractive as well as elegant.
They go well for working women.
Then there are antique diamond rings. These are also called Victorian rings. The designs of these rings are just like what was prevalent in the past. These diamond rings also look well if they go with some other stones. And if you want to give something priceless and sentimental to your lover, then you can gift her ancestral ring. Ancestral ring is the ring of your family, coming down since past. This ring must have been worn by your mother and grandmother. These rings are high in sentimental value and thus are considered priceless. Bit if you do not have such a family ring, then there is nothing to be upset over. You can buy for your fiancé or your wife unique engagement rings; who knows, one day; this ring can becomes an ancestral ring for your family.
So, what are you waiting for? If you are planning to walk the aisle with hand in hand with your lover, then begin the process by gifting her a diamond engagement ring. After all, diamonds are a woman's best friend.