5 Tips on What To Look For When Buying Diamonds For Wedding Rings
A wedding, or an engagement in Indian, is one of the most important events in every couple’s life. One of the best ways of making the experience memorable is by choosing the right ring to symbolize the love you have for one another. While most couples would like to get the most beautiful ring they can lay their hands on, budgetary restrictions can be a challenge. However, it is possible to find an ideal ring based on your budget.
For anyone looking for precious diamonds for engagement rings and wedding rings in Indian, they should consider going about the process carefully. There are various dealers in the market, some of who may sell you fake diamonds. Here are a few useful tips on what to look for when looking for precious diamonds for engagement or wedding rings.
Consider the Diamond Cut
1. Any expert will tell you that the cut is the most important thing to consider when buying diamonds in Indian. The main reason behind this is that the cut usually influences the sparkle. A diamond may be clear and feature a high quality color grade, but if the cut is poor, it may still appear dull. The dealer you buy from should be able to cut your diamond in the proper proportions. If your budget can allow it, choose a diamond with the highest cut grade.
2. Contrary to common belief, lack of color in your diamonds denotes a higher color grade. Some people go for pale yellow diamond, without knowing that it is low quality. To avoid such an experience, ask the diamond dealer to give you grade H or higher. Near colorless diamond ranges from grade G to J, but it may be quite expensive.
Clarity Diamonds can also be chosen based on their clarity levels.
3. This is usually not a very important factor to consider, considering that the precious stones usually come with imperfections, known as inclusions. These tiny imperfections may not be easy to detect, and they may only be seen through a microscope. However, the fewer there are, the higher the clarity grade of your diamonds. If your budget can be stretched further, consider buying grade VS1 grade or higher.
Consider the Diamond’s Carat Weight
4. Unlike common belief, carat does not mean the size of the diamond, but its actual weight. Carat and cut must be considered side by side, because no matter the size of the diamond, a poor cut grade can make your precious stones look smaller. Another important fact to keep in mind is that the more the weight of the diamond, the more you will pay for it. Therefore, you should consider going for a less heavy stone with a high grade cut.
Ask for Proof of Certification
5. There is nothing as unfortunate as buying diamonds for your special event only to realize that they are of poor quality, or that they were stolen. To avoid such an eventuality, always ask the dealer in Indian to show you the copy of diamond certification.
With these tips, you should be able to make the right choice when buying precious diamonds in Indian for you engagement or wedding.
Indian How to Buy a Diamond And The 4 Biggest Mistakes When Buying a Diamond
For centuries, diamond has been used as an epitome of true love. It reflects love, affection, security, trust and a life long commitment. When you gift a diamond to a woman, let it be in the form of diamond engagement ring, you need not say the rest. It will make others understand that how much serious you are for her. It will portray your love in the best possible manner.
You can find a variety of diamond engagement rings at online jewelry stores. These diamond engagement rings come in many shapes and styles. It is apt to choose diamond as the stone for these engagement rings because diamond is considered beautiful and it is also the hardest of all substances present on the earth. This is primarily the reason why people consider it ominous and feel that wearing diamond can bring same kind of good luck in their lives. This has made diamond engagement ring, diamond solitaire ring, designer engagement ring, diamond engagement ring platinum, discount diamond engagement ring a pre determined gift for those involved in love.
Out of all rings, a ring with solitaire is considered the most appropriate symbol which can depict your love. The attraction with the solitaire is incomparable. Diamond solitaire rings are set in a prong setting with 4 to 8 claws. Prongs can mostly be seen in platinum, yet another very beautiful and attractive metal. In most of the cases platinum is considered, as it is generally thin, and makes the diamond more visible.
Then there is yet another form of diamond engagement rings, which is attractive as well as romantic. It is known as past, present future ring. These rings define love as eternal and something which was in the past will be in the present and will be there in the future. The ring actually consists of three stones of diamond. The design of the ring can be like a center piece of diamond with two pieces around, or the three pieces of diamond clustered together. Side stone diamond engagement rings are also one style of engagement rings, which is elegant. This type of engagement ring is basically attractive as well as elegant.
They go well for working women.
Then there are antique diamond rings. These are also called Victorian rings. The designs of these rings are just like what was prevalent in the past. These diamond rings also look well if they go with some other stones. And if you want to give something priceless and sentimental to your lover, then you can gift her ancestral ring. Ancestral ring is the ring of your family, coming down since past. This ring must have been worn by your mother and grandmother. These rings are high in sentimental value and thus are considered priceless. Bit if you do not have such a family ring, then there is nothing to be upset over. You can buy for your fiancé or your wife unique engagement rings; who knows, one day; this ring can becomes an ancestral ring for your family.
So, what are you waiting for? If you are planning to walk the aisle with hand in hand with your lover, then begin the process by gifting her a diamond engagement ring. After all, diamonds are a woman's best friend.
Rating Diamonds in the Harsh!
Not all sellers give ruby grading laboratory records (aka ruby high quality records) to their customers. So my general guidance to you is to keep your loan in your pocket when taking care of such jewelers.
Only acquire a ruby interaction ring if it features the initial diamond high quality report.
A laboratory report is an independent analysis of the 4Cs of a loosened ruby and consists of a plotted representation of the stone's clarity qualities as well as a visuals representation of the rock's percentages. Having such a record permits you to contrast diamonds of different qualities and also eventually assists you make an even more informed acquiring choice.
A store might cut edges as well as not supply a lab record or a deceitful vendor may offer a fake one since of the time, problem as well as expense he'll birth to getting a stone graded.
Yeah - there is a price for grading a diamond (though that price is at some point paid by the consumer), plus the shipping and also insurance policy costs for sending the ruby to the laboratory. And also let us not neglect the possibility price of a jeweler not having the diamond in his shop available for a few weeks while the grading happens.
Nevertheless, a diamond grading report could likewise not be available since the costs to obtaining one could influence too heavily on the final rate of the ring. As an example, a 0.3 ct diamond ring setting you back $250 claim, could set you back around $75 to be graded and have the report number engraved on the girdle on the ruby. As you look for that excellent diamond involvement ring for your sweetie, you'll discover that there is an alphabet soup of laboratories claiming to offer reliable diamond rating records. But I would just put my loan on ...
The Premier Ruby Grading Laboratory Information
Yes, all ruby quality records are not created equal. Within the market, it is a consensus that both leading labs are GIA-GTL (Gemological Institute of America's Treasure Profession Laboratory) and also the AGS (American Treasure Society Laboratories).
The GCAL (Gem Certification and also Assurance Lab) additionally provides very pertained to records or "ruby certificates" as they are referred to by GCAL. The GIA has the greatest worldwide online reputation for self-reliance and consistency. As a result of their constant shade as well as quality strictness standards, the world's largest as well as most costly rubies have actually been sent there for rating years. In 2006, GIA-GTL included a two-dimensional cut grading system for rounded brilliant diamonds.
AGS utilizes the most strict cut standards in the market. It makes use of a three-dimensional light efficiency metric that can grade several ruby shapes. Actually, it is the only cut grading system that is recognized by the scientific area.
Exactly what is even more, its Diamond High quality Document uses a distinct and also exclusive 0 to 10 grading system to evaluate the 4 Cs - a system which is simpler to understand compared to GIA's grading system. As a matter of fact, AGS also goes the extra step by equating their 0-10 rating range to other types of ranking. For instance, the conventional VS1 diamond clearness rating is a 3 on the AGS Ruby High Quality Document.
Diamond Coverage - The Drawbacks
1. Ruby grading is not standard or controlled and therefore you could encounter rate 2 labs that employ looser standards to the tier 1 grading laboratories discussed over. If you acquire a diamond that has been graded by a rate 2 lab, you could end up paying more for a minimal high quality diamond. So for instance, a diamond ranked a "F" in color at a tier 2 laboratory might obtain a G, H, or lower shade rating at a more respectable laboratory. The sector additionally marks down diamonds graded by minimal recognized laboratories by concerning 15-30% or more. So either you only get a ruby graded by a rate 1 lab or you accept that you could be acquiring a lesser high quality diamond compared to what is specified on the record if that ruby is rated by a lower known laboratory.
2. Several big store have huge contracts with minimal recognized labs with "softer" ruby grading standards. A few of these softer labs placed "suggested substitute worths" on the laboratory records - worths which are higher compared to exactly what shops means offer the diamonds for. So a salesman in a chain store could claim to you, "Take a look at the good deal you are getting right here. We are marketing you this diamond involvement ring for $2500 but the report says that the suggested replacement value is $4000." Wow - what a bargain - NOT! This is why it is better that you trust only independent rate 1 labs.
Also bear in mind that reliable ruby rating records are not evaluations as well as do not supply appraisal figures. Diamond assessments are often grossly inflated and also are not something you'll wish to depend on.
3. Ruby records are riddled with disclaimers that specify that nothing is "licensed" or guaranteed and also that the laboratories are not liable for errors. Actually, the GIA supplies a please note of kinds on their website relating to using words "certify." The site states:
"It is inaccurate to state that students, grads, their organisations, or specific gemstones are "licensed" by GIA. The Gemological Institute of The U.S.A. does not certify any person or anything. Neither a trainee neither a graduate who has been awarded a certificate or diploma, neither a treasure which has actually been rated or determined by GIA has actually been accredited by GIA".
So it is feasible that you the consumer is left holding the bag should a mistake in a record is later on uncovered. Courts have actually often ruled that vendors, not laboratories, are responsible for such errors. Why? Due to the fact that the labs showed in advance that their reports could not be held liable.
Thankfully, there are a pair methods to provide yourself extra buyer protection:
A. You could fly to India where jewelry experts use a life time buyback policy to their consumers. Also expensive to fly?
B. You could find among the 20% people jewelers that market totally bonded diamonds. These are rubies that are sold with lifetime breakage, life time trade-in and also life time buyback policies.
C. Not as good a treatment as buying a completely bonded diamond yet you could purchase a ruby that comes with a real "certification" and also not a record. "Qualified rubies do have warranties" albeit for shorter periods.
Certification Some vendors refer to a "ruby report" as a "licensed ruby" but technically this is not fix. From a legal standpoint, a ruby record is a simply an experienced opinion though in reality, facets of a ruby grading record are not simply opinions.
As an example, a ruby's carat (weight) can be properly determined along with its cut grade by measuring its optical efficiency or by describing a computer system design. A certification on the various other hand is a statement of fact - a record for which the provider accepts lawful obligation as well as will make restitution to the consumer for errors.
Some top diamond grading labs supply both records as well as certificates. AGS offers Diamond Top quality Papers (non-certified reports) as well as Diamond High quality Certificates. Ruby Top quality Certificates are prepared specifically for AGS retail jewelry experts and also supplies guaranties from taking part American Treasure Society member stores.
GCAL licenses it's diamond grading also. Its 100% money-back warranty policy is valid for a duration of 2 years from the day on the applicable certification. This plan makes sure the accuracy of the cut, shade and also quality grades and also the carat weight.
A record or certificate need to will have a number on it that might or may not be etched on a ruby. You will certainly be able to enter that number on the web site of the licensing lab to examine a record's credibility.
Aspects Of A Diamond Grading Report Ruby rating reports are always developing but certain element needs to stay the very same. For circumstances, the:
The Record #. This number is offered and also taped in a laboratory's document and may or may not be etched on a ruby's band. You could enter the record number on a rating laboratory's website to examine the authenticity of the ruby high quality record or to obtain even more information regarding the diamond. Shape & Element Design: This is the synopsis and also the reducing design utilized for the facet arrangement. There are 3 fundamental aspect designs - "great cut, action cut and blended reducing design" as well as 12 standard forms which include notables such as round dazzling as well as princess cut" rubies.
Measurements: This describes size (not weight) of a ruby. Size consists of dimensions such as length, size, weight and diameter. A dimension is normally listed to the hundredth of a millimeter. Measurements play a massive function in how a ruby shines.
Carat Weight: The weight of a diamond is measured to the hundredth of a carat weight as well as some also supply such action to the thousandth of a carat weight (1.123 ct.). Carat is the most unbiased and also the simplest to comprehend of the 4Cs due to the fact that all one has to do is weight the rock. Color Grade: This informs you the level of color lack in the diamond. The much less shade the higher the quality.
Diamonds are usually graded from D-Z; the closer to "D" the whiter the diamond. You should never ever see ruby color range such as (G-H, I-J-K, and so on) on a diamond report. You ought to just see color varieties on assessments for stones that are mounted.
Quality Grade: Basically every ruby has inner blemishes called additions as well as external imperfections called blemishes. A diamond is graded inning accordance with the size, type, area as well as amount of these flaws.
Clarity qualities vary from Flawless (FL) - Included. Labs use a pair experts to quality the clarity of a ruby in order to come up with a more precise reading.
Cut Quality: More recent diamond reports include a cut quality for basic round brilliant diamonds. Cut considers the luster, fire and also scintillation of the ruby. Cut grade ranges from Superb - Poor.
Other elements you may find on a ruby report include the polish, symmetry, fluorescence as well as percentage. Armed with this information, you are much better able to make an assessment of the high quality of diamond that is installed in an interaction ring.